With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Ain't got no mojo... Anomalocaritchi's Avatar
    Often it doesn't register I''m clicking the defend shield no matter how many times I click it unless I click in very precise spots. It gets worse with bigger windows. I haven't installed 4/24's update yet though :)

Edit 2 minutes after installing the newest update:
    Holy moly that's so much better! Thank you for that fix! It registers my clicking now and will be much easier to actually train Data! Thanks again!

Edit like 2 weeks later or something:
    theundersigned how do you normally run your digimon? On normal speed or a faster speed? If normal speed, how do you normally load them up? Do you load them up without adjusting the time? Or do you adjust the time to make sure they don't just instant die? Cause honestly having to adjust the time every time I load up my digimon is a lil rough sometimes. It's been mentioned before but I though it would be beneficial to mention maybe an option for whether or not we want the time to catch up to our digimon when they're loaded up? I know we could just run them on double speed or whatever to avoid it but then they die twice as fast too not to mention needing care twice as fast lol

TLDR; Could maybe we consider an option to turn off our digimon catching up the missing time we were gone on regular time mode?
    Last edited by Anomalocaritchi; 05-03-2019 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Didn't wanna double post

This game is stressing me out a bit. No matter what I do my Digimon is never happy and almost always dies within 30 minutes. I don't know how to make it happy..I train it, it gets fatigued and won't get better, it gets sick and just dies like 10 minutes later even though I treat it with medicine...

Quote Originally Posted by Anomalocaritchi View Post
    Edit like 2 weeks later or something:
    theundersigned how do you normally run your digimon? On normal speed or a faster speed? If normal speed, how do you normally load them up? Do you load them up without adjusting the time? Or do you adjust the time to make sure they don't just instant die? Cause honestly having to adjust the time every time I load up my digimon is a lil rough sometimes. It's been mentioned before but I though it would be beneficial to mention maybe an option for whether or not we want the time to catch up to our digimon when they're loaded up? I know we could just run them on double speed or whatever to avoid it but then they die twice as fast too not to mention needing care twice as fast lol

TLDR; Could maybe we consider an option to turn off our digimon catching up the missing time we were gone on regular time mode?
    In the config file inside the .jar, there's an option to disable the time skip. I wanted to keep these options in the config file to diminish my temptation to change things when I find myself in a rough patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Youkomon View Post
    This game is stressing me out a bit. No matter what I do my Digimon is never happy and almost always dies within 30 minutes. I don't know how to make it happy..I train it, it gets fatigued and won't get better, it gets sick and just dies like 10 minutes later even though I treat it with medicine...
    Some Digimon will be harder to make happy than others, depending on its personality. And if your mood drops extremely low, it can be hard to increase it to neutral in only a single day. While your mood is below 0, however, it will try to level out to 0 over time. Combining this with exclusively treating the Digimon with its favorite food, training, and time of day should help mood increase more quickly.

Other care mistakes reduce mood, but the main problem here might be with the fatigue. To help you avoid fatigue, your Digimon will change its sprite more frequently to a tired-looking sprite while idling the closer it gets to its limit. You can also try praising more, especially when you would normally scold (such as after refusing food or training), or giving it attention when it calls without actually needing anything.

Barring all that, some of the settings in the config file might make things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by theundersigned View Post
    In the config file inside the .jar, there's an option to disable the time skip. I wanted to keep these options in the config file to diminish my temptation to change things when I find myself in a rough patch.
    Omg excellent! I had no idea there was even config file! Im excited for that! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Youkomon View Post
    Oof try not to train so much I think. A baby is well, a baby and has limits. Namely 6 trainings are too much for a lil baby. An In-Training digimon can handle 9 and after that 12 is always the limit. Also make sure the temperature is correct for your digimon species cause that can REALLY affect mood

Edit: 5/23/2019
    Hey I had an idea! What if a digimon could inherit skills from their evolution? Like the ability to randomly inherit an attack from their highest level digivolution when they die and reincarnate? As another incentive to raise a good digimon and then raise the next generation rather than just, say, starting a new game? Sounds complicated, but a neat idea I think!
    Last edited by Anomalocaritchi; 05-23-2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: inspiration struck

That's an interesting idea! So far the only thing I could think of was inheriting stats, which could mess up someone's desired evolution or force a digimon down a certain path every time.

How long were you thinking the attack might stick around? Until even the next generation? What if someone doesn't like the attack? Also, would it only inherit an attack with an effect? Probably, I guess. Those seem like the only ones worth it.

I would really like some kind of inheritance system to make it feel like each new generation is worth it and like you're still progressing somewhat despite dying.

Ouch I didn't think of how inheriting stats could mess up evolution!

But I have some ideas...

Hmm. There could be like, Traited Eggs. Or something? Similar to the pendulum where it gives a bonus towards evolution? I don't know how that would work though

I was thinking Moves carry down forever until they're replaced? Or an item to switch back and forth...?

Pass down their Preferred Attribute as a skill!
    Keep in the memory somewhere what your last line was (might not hurt to keep a family tree anyway)
    My Gen 1's Favorite Attribute is Data, when it dies it passes down the Data skill from each evolution!
    Example Gen 1 Betamon>Seadramon>Death>Gen 2 Rebirth>Agumon>Greymon
    So Gen 2 Agumon inherits Betamon's Data attack Beta Slugger because Gen 1 Betamon preferred that skill! When he evolves into Greymon, Greymon inherits Hydro Pump or whatever Seadramon's Data attack is. Because there was no Ultimate stage, either you don't get an inherited attack so it's Wargreymon's natural attack...OR you COULD keep Seadramon's Attack since it DID inherit it...
    Perhaps you could choose between the old move or your natural move. Make an item called like, Inheritance Card or something and when you use it it switches between inherited move and natural move?

Depending on how complicated you wanted to make things, you could keep it at 1 move inherited per generation, so each rebirth the passed skill is replaced.
    Or max it at two skills passed...or make an item for each generation? If you went the item route, each "disk" created could just have the information "Generation, Attribute" for each generation and have the data for the generations recorded elsewhere! The game already saves your evolution path to show off how you evolved though! So it might not be TOO hard to reroute some attacks and evolution lines based on lineage which could be kept in a separate file where it keeps your lines, so that the "Parents" and "Evolutions" files don't get too crowded!
    So if you used the item, it would replace your moves accordingly based on that generations preferred attribute? Rerouting the information from "Digimon Attack" to "Inherited Attack" in a separate file for recording your lineage?

It also might be an idea, that the possible evolution is passed down in a similar manner. So like I raise a an Agumon>Greymon>Skullgreymon, it dies, I raise a Tanemon. She unlocks Agumon as an evolution path that generation. It evolves to Palmon, she has Greymon as an evolution path. She evolves to Vegiemon. Skullgreymon is an evo path. Since I didn't reach Mega there is no unlocked path beyond this.

I'm not sure how complicated either should would be anyway, and I don't know if you would uh, want to keep it going and replace EVERY attack. Heck even two might be too much! which is why the item idea might not be too bad so you get a choice? I also don't know what benefit unlocking the evolution routes would give either besides being neat. *shrugs*

That was a lot to type but it was a lot of brainstorming!

Edit: 10 minutes of thinking later
    BETTER idea based on Monster Rancher 3's Monster Heart idea!
    You get an item called like Gen 1 Disc or Gen 1 Data or like [Digimon's] Disc/Data
    This item when used changes your digimon's preferred attribute and preferred food to your old digimon's favorites.
    In addition to that you inherit their move based on their favorite attribute.
    Example: My botamon likes Meat and Data training. Uses my Zeedmellniumon Disc. Botamon's favorites are now Veggie and Virus, and he learns Time Destroyer forever. This does not help him as it's a no effect attack... but SOUNDS cool as heck. If he was luckier he could inherit Chrono Paradox or Ultimate Fusion but alas :')
    You could also randomize the move inherited I suppose, as well as randomizing whether or not a favorite is inherited or not. For less control depending on how you want to handle it!

In addition to the Disc you also get another item. A stat boosting item based on how high your highest stat value was! So you can control when to use the boosting item so as not to mess up evolution!

Edit: 6/2 I got a habitat unlocked! My Zeed looks super cute at the beach I like that I can switch between my habitats!
    Last edited by Anomalocaritchi; 06-02-2019 at 09:16 AM. Reason: My third eye opened

I like the idea of generating some kind of item that you can use whenever you like. A generation "family" tree would be cool also. I think I'll add both of those to my to-do list.

So what do you think of the pricing of habitats? There's currently only one way to earn money at the moment, but I'm still planning on adding another. Basically, you'll be able to buy and sell the data of Digimon you defeat in the adventure mode. But are there any item or food prices you think should be changed? Any food or item effects that should be changed?

Also, any balance suggestions for the default habitat and, by extension, the temperature mechanic? Since the default habitat has a temperature of 0 every season, I'm wondering if this brings to light any issues with managing temperature or if it just makes buying a habitat for the first time more rewarding.

Awesome! I'm excited! I'll have to stop running my ZeedMillenniumon till then lol

I haven't gotten to play test them much, 5000 bits took a while to earn up, but since they're reusable I don't think it's too bad. And I saw cheaper options I just wanted Beach property!
    It especially won't be too bad since you plan to add more ways to earn money!
    I haven't tested a lot of food since I've been saving for my Beach. I have bought two items, the Ball and the Balloon and they're cute! Limited use is a little rough, I don't know if every item is like that. But, now that I have my habitat I'll have to try more items and food for sure!

The Default Habitat seems like a good starting point tbh, a good way to remind you that the temperature function exists and really urges you to save up for your first new habitat since living there constantly sucks :') at least remembering to changing the temperature constantly anyway! Really makes it feel good when you DO earn those Bits up!
    I'll let you know if I see anything else up with Temperature now that the default temp isn't 0.
    Is there a way to check the Habitat's default temperature? Might help with some decision making before you earn up 5000 bits only to move into a worse habitat or something!

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hi,firstly, I would like to thank you, for the effort and time you have put to develop this, it's great and sure does bring back memories, now I can relive my childhood and be an awesome tamer, hehe.

Second, can I know how do I pause the vpet? I clicked on the clock, but there's no pause button.

I'm glad you enjoy it! Pausing replaces the clock button when the faster clock speeds are chosen at the start. At normal speed, there isn't an option to pause the program. The closest equivalent would be to disable the time skip in the .jar itself and close the program temporarily.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast