With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: Digimon V-Pet fangame for PC (alpha)

Hm. I tried testing this using these settings and killed my Digimon after an hour of playtime. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch any bugs. Could you describe the freezing issue a bit more to give me an idea of possible causes?

Was it brief or did it prevent further progression in the game? Was the program completely unresponsive or was the Digimon's sprite just stuck? If the program wasn't unresponsive, did you manage to kickstart the sprite by changing to a different menu?

Do you happen to still have the save file from before the program froze? If you do and have tried running it again, do you experience the same issue? Also, if you have the save file from before the freeze occurred, could you send it to me? You can find my email address in the changelog txt file.
    Last edited by theundersigned; 07-17-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Sure, i can send it to you. Anyway, the game was completely freezed and unresponsive, the entire game was stationary. So i closed it via task manager. I also thought that happened because i modded the game too much. However i changed only max energy and injury/sickness parameters.

Huh. Never occurred to me to ask if it was modded. What numbers are you using specifically?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Max energy 100, injury/sickness lenght 1h. I also changed plotmon/meicoomon/meicrackmon evo requirements

Ain't got no mojo... Fire Scyther's Avatar
    So uh, i have a problem.

I have made by myself a custom digimon sheet but before adding that to the game, I decided to edit a Snow Botamon sprite, and when it hatches out of the egg, it suddenly reverts to his egg and the game is stuck. Can you help please?

Uh oh. That doesn't sound too good. Hopefully I can track it down. I just have a couple questions for you to give me an idea of what might be happening.

Could you check the changelog.txt file and see what version (most recent date) it is? At least on the most recent version, I've tested the SnowBotamon egg on each clock setting and haven't been able to reproduce the bug yet.

Does the game get stuck like this every time you try to hatch a new egg? Could you take a screenshot of any modifications you've made?

Ain't got no mojo... Fire Scyther's Avatar
    I've downloaded the latest new version as of yesterday (August 3), and the Botamon hatches out of its egg, then reverts back to an egg. All i just modified was the Botamon sprite and overwrote it on the .zip file.

I didn't change anything else though.

Is Botamon the only egg with this problem or does it happen with others as well? What's the name of the file you modified?

Maybe try redownloading a fresh version of the client to reset all file names.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, would you send me the .jar file of your copy so that I could take a closer look? You can find my email address at the top of the changelog
    Last edited by theundersigned; 08-10-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    First off, I want to say amazing job! Just started tinkering with it, but am going out of country for a few weeks so I'll play some more when I get back.

As many others have said, I would love to see a mobile version of this. I am personally working on a DIY handheld digimon v-pet, but am in the very early stages of it. If I use yours for some inspiration, I'll be sure to credit you!

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hi, ive been playing thos for a week already and i gotta say i love it. I really like the way you put together things from diferent digimon games world, vpet, pendulum and digivice. Now onto the meat of things. i got a bit of criticism based on the tests i did and a whole lot of questions O_o. First of all, lifespan and how pills, sickness and injuries shorten it. As is now, if you suffer one or two injuries/sickness you can start to forget about succesfully evolving because most likely your lifespan would be below your growthperiod score. I think this is a bit tad unforggiving. I do enjoy dificulty but with this being a game that needs some level of error and trial i think some room for error would greatly improve the overal experience. Other mechanics i found them to be rather obscure which lead me to the questions part that i couldnt find the answears anywhere in the guide:

1) it is stated on the gide that a witing period of one hour would be sufficient to rest between training session (that since rookie level should be no more than 12 trainings) but in my run, i didnt have problems when my digimon was agumon as it would reset to 12 whenever i took a one hour in between trainings but with greymon, almost always i couldnt bring it to more than 9 or 10 even though i tried to rest 2 hours or even more. am i doing something wrong?

2) In the guide, it says that too many pills shorten the lifespan but no matter what i do, even one pill for a whole day do shorten it anyways. Is there any way to not have any penalty?

3) When i had agumon, i didnt have problems mantaining exellent dicipline and mood provide i did scoled when needed, praised when earned and feeding what it liked but as soon as it evolved to greymon dicipline and mood became hell. Ive even tried to make the bulk of my training to be done in its favorite time of the day but alas, without much luck. I does rise a bit but even with little training and plenty of naps to pass the rest of the day (which by the way now its more difficult to get him to sleep more than one or two hours at a time which affects my energy recover rate and overall the amount of training i can do a day even though it didnt seem to be a problem when it was agumon) my mood keeps droppig like mad. Any tips? Does it has anything to be with the fact that when it was agumon it was playful and now it is serious? How can i know what to do to figure out different natures? :S its almost like a life or dead factor and it has too little information about it.

4) Currently, i have reached the growth period to Ultimate with lifespan aplenty and it doesnt evolve to metal greymon. Im pretty sure i meet the requirements listed tho i met them after the growth period count passed. Do i need to do it before it reaches the value?

5) In the debug window, what does the burnout value is for? how do i influence it?

6) And finally, what use the little eye below the energy bar has and where in the debug window can i find the value?

Man, that seems to be a lot. As i say, i really like the concept and also the mechanics but i find it to be a bit too overwhelming and some mechanics too obscure. i would suggest a comprehensive guide more akin to a wiki or making the mechanics less convoluted :S too many variables it feels. In regards of the shorten lifespan i explained i think halving the values it decreases when injury/sickness happens a viable solution.

Well man, i enjoy very much your work and i hope i can be of help. Also, feel free to ask specific things about my play experience with your game and i be glad to help. Cheers...
    Last edited by Nr11; 08-22-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast