With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 49: The Miraculous Final Evolution!

  1. #51
    Maybe the reason why Leviathan wants/needs all the 6 god grade is to summon the 7th god grade. The fact that 'god type' symbol is a triangular G with seven color might means that there's 7 god grades in total. Leviathan probbaly want the 7th one for his human application project or maybe use it like Deusmon in the manga.

  2. #52
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    557
    Follow onkeikun On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    It's like Jay said, your digimon partner is supposed to be your rock, the one that is always there and keeps you going. Chosen children are often showcased as rather static people, and their digimon give them the strength to move forward in life, with Appmon being no exception. Each of the Applidrivers were able to move towards their dreams with the help of their partners.

    Haru *has* known Yuujin forever, yes. It totally makes sense that this would shake him to his core. However, his relationship with Yuujin was not pushing him, it was (and still is) stunting him. Meeting Gatchmon, getting into this situation where he matters, where it's up to him to set things right, that's what let him grow as a person. He gained the courage to be a protagonist, to help where he's needed, to make friends and live life.

    ...And then Yuujin showed up again. He came in with a stronger Appmon, he started being the focus of Haru's life again, Haru started only caring for Yuujin once more. This would actually be fine if it was being played so that he had to learn to grow past this, to accept that he can't let Yuujin hold him back...but that's not what happened. Instead Haru blatantly ignored everyone, making no attempt to help even himself, which led into the, quite frankly, heartbreaking scene of Gatchmon failing to get through to his partner. Instead of the one that's helped him become a better person, the one that's stuck with him through everything (except that silly petty jealousy episode instigated by, surprise surprise, Yuujin and Offmon), it's Yuujin that breaks him out of his depression, and it's being played off as a good thing.

    If this was a darker show, I'd expect Gatchmon to start falling into depression and self-doubt himself here. What I'd hoped was that Yuujin wouldn't get a "redemption" or whatever, and that Haru would have to deal with the fact he has to move on. The only thing close to that at this point would be Yuujin still needing to be destroyed, but it wouldn't really be enough, and they almost certainly won't do that anyways.

    So yeah, it just feels very not-digimon to me, and Yuujin's kinda ruining the show a bit, to me.
    I think the problem here is that we're expecting a lot from Haru right now, and I disagree that his relationship with Yuujin is "not pushing" him. We can see his value as a protag, but keep in mind that his idea of a protag has always been Yuujin and he's looked up to him as a role model for many years. Yuujin's words and being there are the instigator for the courage that Haru feels, but yes, it is stunting him because a lot of times he's in Yuujin's shadow and doesn't seem to feel that it's hindering him. He really does believe that trying to be his ideal protagonist is what will lead to his growth, especially since it's gotten him this far already. But now he learns that it was all a sham; everything that Haru has been trying to emulate was a lie. He feels like he doesn't have something else to fall back onto, so he feels lost, without his own sense of self anymore. When you can't even see what your value is as a person, you really don't consider what you can do for other people and what your value is to them. Gatchmon did pull Haru through, so he has leverage. Obviously it's not something that Haru is going to get over with a snap of the fingers. But he's just started to take the first step in this episode, by finding an inkling that his past ambition really was real in a way, and going about it in his own groping-through-the-dark style. So let's see how he does in the next episode.

    Believe me, I was super annoyed in the Damedamon episode because I thought Haru should have been the one making decisions by now, but he didn't start acting until Yuujin said something. But maybe my idea of "Haru should be able to do this already" is not on par with what Haru thinks he can. Now he's doing something about it on his own, with some idea of what to do next, without copying someone. So for now, I'd say let's see.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiysar Almond View Post
    Maybe the reason why Leviathan wants/needs all the 6 god grade is to summon the 7th god grade. The fact that 'god type' symbol is a triangular G with seven color might means that there's 7 god grades in total. Leviathan probbaly want the 7th one for his human application project or maybe use it like Deusmon in the manga.
    As much as I would LOVE to see a new never-before-seen Appmon, I don't think they would introduce a 7th one just for the purposes of the anime...well, the last 3 episodes of the anime.

    Also, the colors thing wouldn't make sense.
    Gaiamon = Red, which is not Social (Blue).
    Poseidomon = Blue, which is not Game (Orange).
    Uranusmon = Yellow, which is not Entertainment (Red).
    Hadesmon = Purple, which is not System (Yellow).
    Rebootmon = ...Pink?, which is not Tool (Purple).
    Deusmon = ...Orange?, which is not Navi? (Green).

    Rebootmon & Deusmon: I will admit, I did stretch a LOT, but my point stands: It doesn't make sense to introduce a 7th God Appmon based on App Type, exclusively for the finale.

    ...If they did (they won't), it would be a Green-colored Appmon that's based off of Life (Pink).
    Last edited by Arranos; 09-11-2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Tidying up.
    Pokémon fan at heart, but growing to like Digimon.

  4. #54
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,111
    Each of the God-Grades is one of the 7 types, though, right? Which type is left out?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

  5. #55
    Completely digital salman332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Arranos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiysar Almond View Post
    Maybe the reason why Leviathan wants/needs all the 6 god grade is to summon the 7th god grade. The fact that 'god type' symbol is a triangular G with seven color might means that there's 7 god grades in total. Leviathan probbaly want the 7th one for his human application project or maybe use it like Deusmon in the manga.
    As much as I would LOVE to see a new never-before-seen Appmon, I don't think they would introduce a 7th one just for the purposes of the anime...well, the last 3 episodes of the anime.

    Also, the colors thing wouldn't make sense.
    Gaiamon = Red, which is not Social (Blue).
    Poseidomon = Blue, which is not Game (Orange).
    Uranusmon = Yellow, which is not Entertainment (Red).
    Hadesmon = Purple, which is not System (Yellow).
    Rebootmon = ...Pink?, which is not Tool (Purple).
    Deusmon = ...Orange?, which is not Navi? (Green).

    Rebootmon & Deusmon: I will admit, I did stretch a LOT, but my point stands: It doesn't make sense to introduce a 7th God Appmon based on App Type, exclusively for the finale.

    ...If they did (they won't), it would be a Green-colored Appmon that's based off of Life (Pink).
    If we use the color aura in their god symbol Rebootmon has two, orange and and purple.

  6. #56
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,419
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Each of the God-Grades is one of the 7 types, though, right? Which type is left out?
    Unfortunately, no. Their Grade and Attribute are both God.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  7. #57
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Unknown
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,074
    That was a pretty cool episode. The mega apps were really cool. We even got Rebootmon. But is Yujin breaking away from YJ-15? At least Haru is out of his betray/brokenheart-edness. Next ep we get Gaiamon but now we have the big L it's self. Doesn't look like "Levi-chan" from the manga. But still, that looks cool. I thought it'd be full snake thing. ...How many eps do we have left?

  8. #58
    I'm going digital AmEv7Fam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    439
    According to the DVD preorders, we have 52 episodes.

    So, 50, 51, and 52 is what we have left.

  9. #59
    I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,692
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I think guys you are reading things wrong. The God Grade symbol has a total of 7 colors that represent, if so, the 'peak' of the different types of Appmon, instead of indicating that it should potentially be 7 God Appmon, each representing one type. After all, as TMS has already mentioned, the 6 Gods' Grades and Attributes are simply 'God', which in my opinion means something like the Gods have gone beyond the 7 elemental types by being able of mastering all of them at the same time. In a nutshell:



    So no, there won't probably be a 7th God in the show. Unfortunately enough for Satellamon.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I think guys you are reading things wrong. The God Grade symbol has a total of 7 colors that represent, if so, the 'peak' of the different types of Appmon, instead of indicating that it should potentially be 7 God Appmon, each representing one type. After all, as TMS has already mentioned, the 6 Gods' Grades and Attributes are simply 'God', which in my opinion means something like the Gods have gone beyond the 7 elemental types by being able of mastering all of them at the same time. In a nutshell:



    So no, there won't probably be a 7th God in the show. Unfortunately enough for Satellamon.
    Yeah, I know. I guess I got carried away with the whole "This is why it won't happen" thing. Apologies.
    Pokémon fan at heart, but growing to like Digimon.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •