With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: tri. Part 3 Pre-Orders Open at Amazon, Release Date December 5th, Bonus Confirmed

tri. Part 3 Pre-Orders Open at Amazon, Release Date December 5th, Bonus Confirmed

Being that the dub premiered 2 months ago, it's nice to get details...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The third part of Digimon Adventure tri. is available to pre-order and we have some additional details.

They are using the Part 3 theatrical poster art for the cover (with a bit of an added gradient.) Notably, they've reframed the image from what they were using for promotion a few months ago, so that none of the art is covered up... at least on purpose. They've accidentally covered Izzy's head... so let's hope that is fixed before release.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The MSRP for the Blu-ray is $24.97 and $14.98 for the DVD, with a release date of December 5th. Links below are Amazon affiliate links.

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession DVD

If the Blu-ray is ordered at Shout a lithograph of the cover will be included, along with getting it two weeks early.

Additionally, Shout's page confirms a recording of the panel at AX will be included as an example. This panel was conducted after the premiere of the English dub of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 and included Joshua Seth, Colleen O’Shaughnessey, and Jeff Nimoy, moderated by Shout producer Brian Ward.

Thanks to C-MC for the heads up.

Update- Added the Amazon pre-orders and extra details thanks to Storm Eagle.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Hey, some goodies for places that aren't Amazon, sweet. Guess I'll get it straight from Shout.

Lol poor Izzy's head. Hopefully they fix that, but since it's probably only a problem for the Blu-Ray edition, maybe not...?

Edit: Also, they have a back to school promotion going on at Shout that results in a pretty sweet discount, 30%.
    Last edited by BlankShell; 09-05-2017 at 03:59 PM.

wow, they toned down the yellow. It looks so much better now. It's more of a gold now, like Takeru's crest.

Man the slight gradients they 've added to this and part 2 help so much, this is a lot easier on the eyes. Pity they insist on making the logo so huge though since again they have to push all the characters into a corner to fit everything, not the best composition. Also, RIP Izzy.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    I guess I'll wait for the Amazon edition, since the lithograph seems to be limited to those who buy the BluRay. I gotta say, the new cover art looks a lot snazzier than the original Japanese. Poor Izzy though lol

Added a handful of updates, including Amazon pre-orders and extras confirmation.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I remember complaining that they covered Rosemon's whip and hair with the rose... and then when it was officially released, it was fixed! So there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepainter View Post
    I remember complaining that they covered Rosemon's whip and hair with the rose... and then when it was officially released, it was fixed! So there is hope.
    The images as put up early are generally stand in art, or simply something put together before final QC checks have been done so stores have artwork to display.

Some companies stamp things with 'Not Final' to clarify, others don't. Sometimes it's a licensing matter and can even change on a per-title basis. Since Toei likely gave them the art specifically as the cover, stamping Not Final in this case isn't necessary, as that 'is' what the cover will look like... just with the art most likely adjusted a bit further.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I have mine preordered from Shout. It is exciting.

Have to say the colors look soo much nicer than PT.2. To me they have toned them down a bit which looks nice.
    Last edited by Crazy_Tai; 09-07-2017 at 08:46 AM.