With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 48: Activate! The Humanity Applification Plan!

That not really fair to Haru you know, him believing Yuujin was very in-character after all. Yuujin has been there all his life, encouraging him, saving his ass multiple time and even got himself captured by the ultimate four, seemingly sacrificed himself.
    So it isn't Haru being stupid as much as Yuujin simulation is stupidly advanced.

- This episode is fantastic according to Appmon's standard (i mean compared to other episodes)!
    - Now i wonder who "sealed" the god grades first and decides to make that button in the sky for unsealing it. Probably will never be answered anyway...
    - Hackmon and evolutions ability is really handy man. I didn't expect Rei to order Revivemon to hack Deusmon, and i didn't expect it actually successful either.
    - And Rei's keyboards continue to appear and be successfull... unlike Haru's search pad, Astra's DJ thing, and Eri's gamepad.
    - Kinda worried now for the protags' god grades debuts. I'm afraid that they'll be just kami appliarized like Deusmon was. Kinda miss those days when reaching ultimate level (or equivalent) need some miraculous events, training, devices, or near death experience. I hope it won't be as bad as how Tri deals with ultimate level debuts.
    - I also kinda get the vibe that Yuujin's last line was hinting him to betray Leviathan. That, or maybe he'll use Rebootmon to speed up Leviathan new form's birth.
    - Since Deusmon was humongous, even more than ultimates in Savers, i wonder if Hadesmon and co will be humongous as well? Would be funny if Uranusmon will be that big. Or maybe their size will be quite big but not as big as Deusmon and Deusmon's size will shrink a bit after he splits/copies himself.

Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    That not really fair to Haru you know, him believing Yuujin was very in-character after all. Yuujin has been there all his life, encouraging him, saving his ass multiple time and even got himself captured by the ultimate four, seemingly sacrificed himself.
    So it isn't Haru being stupid as much as Yuujin simulation is stupidly advanced.
    Yeah this. Especially when Yuujin shed tears while revealing that he did so just to fool Haru because that was how he was programmed. Usually in animes, when a friend become traitor and shed tears, it was heel-face turn time, but what Yuujin did was so cruel that i believe if someone hotheaded like Masaru were betrayed like that, instead of feeling so angry and want to punch him, he'll become as depressed as Haru.

Wow. This really makes the whole naming convention even more accurate, with Yuujin being named after Eugene Goosman, the first chat AI that ever convinced people (briefly) that he was a real human.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I come from the net
    Everything that wasn't Harujin was heartwarming. Bit surprised they're pulling out all the god grades at once. But wow. Poor Haru. ...I wonder if that subtext was programmed too. ...*ahem* Look at Yujin's new evil costume. heh heh Wonder how this will turn out for him.

This episode was Rei ex machina. I would like to say Deus, but it probably would be inappropriate.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

I like this episode the most out of 45-48. Deusmon is cool. Individual Scenes are well done. Would have preferred the Kokoro part to continue with the other two. This episode answers most of the questions with Yuujin. The reason for him is what I expected. Wonder whether Ai is a Minerva android or not. Yuujin looks cool in a new look. It seems like he may turn side for Rebootmon, if not, then Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    Near the end of the episode, Yuujin tells Shutmon "All you need to do is quietly obey my orders"; whether willingly or unwillingly, Shutmon goes along with him.
    I was also surprised by Shutmon's lack of lines. You'd think he'd protest or even just say something about his buddy's radical change..
    I actually have this theory (just since this episode and the last) that Offmon/Shutmon is a double-sleeper agent for Minerva, sent to infiltrate Leviathan's minion. That would explain both why Shutmon hesitates (because he doesn't really want to do what Yuujin tells him to do) and also why he does it quietly (because he knows it's the only way to gain Yuujin's trust). After all, Minervaa the original, so it would make sense that she has an extra trick or two up her sleeve.
    I was taken aback by Yuujin's crying scene, haha. Like a few others when I saw the preview pic I thought the scene would be about how Yuujin still retains feelings for Haru..instead it's just Yuujin mocking Haru, god I feel awful for him.
    I had a feeling this might break Haru. These two were giving Daisuke and Ken a run for their money, if you know what I mean. But having watched all of the Digimon series, I just can't believe that Yuujin is going to stay "evil" forever. I have absolutely no idea how they're going to pull it off, but I'm almost positive they're not going to do that to Haru. I mean, even Tamers had a happier ending than that would be...and "darker than Tamers" is not a label one gets to apply to Digimon series very often.

Ain't got no mojo... Cardcaptor Takato's Avatar
    Even though it's near the end, I'm glad to finally be all caught up with Appmon so now I can participate in the episode discussions but it's better late than never! I already got spoiled about the big reveal with Yuujin but I still thought how they handled it was well executed and it was still emotional and shocking to me seeing it all play out. What I loved the most about this episode was all the scenes of Astra, Rei, and Eri and their partners talking to each other about their fears before the big battle. I couldn't help but start crying in Rei's scene with Hackmon, especially when Rei answered the question if he was alone. On the subject of Yuujin's interactions with Offmon, I thought that maybe when Yuujin was in his disguised form, he was acting subconsciously and he wasn't aware that he was an android during the times he's interacting with Haru and the others. If they go that route, I think that could still leave open the possibility for a redemption moment for Yuujin.

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    You know, when it was first said that Leviathan needs Bootmon for his plan, I thought it was to activate or fix Deusmon's Chip, but actually it was to unlock the God grade? I guess that explains why "Ultimate is the highest grade an Appmon can achieve". Also, if there's a season 2, I guess we know how they're going to remove the God forms from the start: Seal God grade again.
    And I have to say, I wasn't expecting God Appmon to be that huge. Like, it's a logical next step for the Appmon grade sizes, but still larger than full buildings? That looks like something out of Bokurano. Except a magazine interview stated they're only 100m tall, which is one fifth of the size of Bokurano's robots.

And while the reveal that Yūjin is an android was delivered in a bit of a boring way, this episode actually does something interesting with it. Haru now has to confront the fact that his best friend was working for Leviathan all along. You can see the not only the shock in his face, but also the cognitive dissonance of accepting that a big of your life may have been a lie, with him accusing YJ-14 of lying all the time.
    And YJ-14 has an electric weapon on his arm, which we'll probably never see again. And the Appmon Band can split with the arm?

Interesting how they used the Appli Drive questions again, and how they actually fit the current situation. But I don't understand how exactly the Chips simply activated. Is it because the God grade program was installed? I wish they would explain it better.
    And with that Kowloon Elementary School, I guess there's also a middle and a high school somewhere.

Anyway, the decision to have the final level only be achieved in the final battle is an original one for Digimon, and really makes things have a more epic scale. Good job Appli Monsters.

Now, I only have two questions:
    1- With how arrogant Deusmon is, how did Leviathan manage to get him as a follower?
    2- If the God grade was sealed, how does Deusmon even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    I wonder if this lyric in Be My Light is referring to Yuujin?

Be my light!
    I won't resign for a moment
    I will protect you if you light my way
    Even if something ends, not all of it was a lie
    Let's shake it down.

If we pull that string
    entwining us both in before it breaks
    So bright!
    Wake me up! You be my light!
    Makes sense. Ever since the song was releasing I had an inkling the song was related to Haru and Yuujin's relationship in some way.
    Interestingly enough, the song can be heard for the first time during the episode where Satellamon is defeated by the App Link between Shutmon and Globemon, that is, when Haru and Yujin strengthen even more their fake friendship bonds. Also, during the arc of the Ultimate 4, whose main point was basically to rescue Yujin and Offmon. So yes, I can see that happening.
    >Series is about the relationship between the goggleboy and his lancer, to the point it's even the theme of the main insert song
    >Even so, it still puts focus on the other members of the team, with everyone else still getting action in the final battle and no one is rendered useless

Holy crap, Appli Monsters is the Takuya and Kōji Show done right! Who could have thought?
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    I wonder if this lyric in Be My Light is referring to Yuujin?

Be my light!
    I won't resign for a moment
    I will protect you if you light my way
    Even if something ends, not all of it was a lie
    Let's shake it down.

If we pull that string
    entwining us both in before it breaks
    So bright!
    Wake me up! You be my light!
    Makes sense. Ever since the song was releasing I had an inkling the song was related to Haru and Yuujin's relationship in some way.
    Interestingly enough, the song can be heard for the first time during the episode where Satellamon is defeated by the App Link between Shutmon and Globemon, that is, when Haru and Yujin strengthen even more their fake friendship bonds. Also, during the arc of the Ultimate 4, whose main point was basically to rescue Yujin and Offmon. So yes, I can see that happening.
    >Series is about the relationship between the goggleboy and his lancer, to the point it's even the theme of the main insert song
    >Even so, it still puts focus on the other members of the team, with everyone else still getting action in the final battle and no one is rendered useless

Holy crap, Appli Monsters is the Takuya and Kōji Show done right! Who could have thought?
    Yeah... with double or triple or more multitude of fillers (or filler-like since filler should only for adaptations) than Frontier...
    Honestly, i don't know how to recommend Appmon to anyone outside of digimon fandom when even recommending it to digimon fandom itself is already hard.. like how could i recommend a show whose its first half can almost totally be ignored and just recommend that recap episode instead? Even then, filler wasteland still doesn't stops after that recap episode.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345