With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Zag Toys Digimon Plushes Available Out of Blind Boxes in September

  1. #1

    Zag Toys Digimon Plushes Available Out of Blind Boxes in September

    A update on plushes!

    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    These are the same Adventure plush toys released earlier this year in blind boxes, but with a notable change...


    No more blind boxes!


    The MSRP for these will be $8, the same price as they were previously. They should show up in stores in mid to late September and will be available in the US and Canada.



    Should make it quite easy to finish a collection if you had issues with the blind boxes earlier in the year.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  2. #2
    I'm going digital AmEv7Fam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    437
    ...or even start your collection!

  3. #3
    Haha, I guess blind-bagging wasn't going well for them. Can't fault them for trying, it's a popular tactic, but I guess the Digimon brand isn't quite that strong. This should do much better. Would totally pick up a Greymon if I see it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    Haha, I guess blind-bagging wasn't going well for them. Can't fault them for trying, it's a popular tactic, but I guess the Digimon brand isn't quite that strong. This should do much better. Would totally pick up a Greymon if I see it.

    I don't know why people tend to skew so negative all the time.


    From what most of us have seen the strategy worked quite well. The blind Digimon products were even noted to be a top seller per square foot at Hot Topic.


    It's likely more an attempt to boost sales in the fall pre-holiday period. It also sucks people back in who might have given up months ago.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    Haha, I guess blind-bagging wasn't going well for them. Can't fault them for trying, it's a popular tactic, but I guess the Digimon brand isn't quite that strong. This should do much better. Would totally pick up a Greymon if I see it.

    I don't know why people tend to skew so negative all the time.


    From what most of us have seen the strategy worked quite well. The blind Digimon products were even noted to be a top seller per square foot at Hot Topic.


    It's likely more an attempt to boost sales in the fall pre-holiday period. It also sucks people back in who might have given up months ago.
    Blind-bag products generally aren't then released without the bag because it cheapens the tactic for future use; the next time a Digimon blind bag product is released (assuming that ever happens, maybe it was just a one-and-done thing) consumers won't go for it because they know a few months later they'll be able to pick at their leisure.

    Of course, it could be something else, like a product surplus that hadn't gotten bagged. And maybe this was always just going to be a one line thing, I dunno.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    Blind-bag products generally aren't then released without the bag because it cheapens the tactic for future use; the next time a Digimon blind bag product is released (assuming that ever happens, maybe it was just a one-and-done thing) consumers won't go for it because they know a few months later they'll be able to pick at their leisure.

    Of course, it could be something else, like a product surplus that hadn't gotten bagged. And maybe this was always just going to be a one line thing, I dunno.

    Blind products are often released later without the blindpacks, just not generally an entire wave (often with a minor change, like turning a blind figure into a normal keychain, etc.) Or the way they repainted various Domez figure from multiple brands to act as SDCC exclusives.


    Blind bag products tend to not be rereleased without the bag because they tend to remove them from shelves after a short period to be replaced with something else.



    If the products sold well and stores wanted more product for the fall, and nothing was scheduled for it, the only choice may have been to sell additional without the box.

    If the products sold poorly it's unlikely stores would want more Digimon products.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  7. #7
    I'm a Maniac Deep Saver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    104
    Oh, this is nice. I have the Tentomon one from the blind boxes, but maybe I'll hold off on getting more for this.


  8. #8
    Ain't got no mojo... HeroTheKeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    15
    I got Greymon on my first box and haven't bought a new one since. I'm afraid I won't have that kind of luck ever again.

  9. #9
    Completely digital NekoHaruko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Digital World - Beach Side
    Age
    29
    Posts
    914
    I am glad I can get that Tailmon plush. I got a crane Tailmon from japan on amazon. So getting a tailmon from the actual set is great!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •