With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: D-1 Grand Prix Has Ended, WtW Member Wins, 2nd Round Hinted At

D-1 Grand Prix Has Ended, WtW Member Wins, 2nd Round Hinted At

The first of the newly revived D-1 Grand Prix Digimon tournaments has ended!

Brought back as an internet event, the first D-1 Grand Prix in quite awhile was held using the new 20th Anniversary Digimon V-Pets.

With it ending, they've hinted at a second one in that fun way of going "Details will come later... when a 2nd is confirmed" basically admitting they plan to do it without actually confirming it.

And congratulations has to be presented to forum member MrBoot!

Bandai has officially verified him as the winner of the D-1 with his team of Omegamon Alter-S and RustTyranomon.

It'll be interesting to see if Bandai holds to what they said about prizes not being made available if you are outside of Japan when you consider he won the entire thing... especially since the prize for the winner was a one of a kind drawing by Kenji Watanabe.

Hopefully the next D-1 will be formally announced sooner rather than later, and once again, congratulations to MrBoot.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    As someone who was knocked out in the first round, the fact that one of our own ended up winning it all is all kinds of awesome. Well done, MrBoot!

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    As someone who was knocked out in the first round, the fact that one of our own ended up winning it all is all kinds of awesome. Well done, MrBoot!
    Second that! Me too was knocked out n the first round. Congratz MrBoot!

Red shirt
    Thanks guys! Hopefully they do a second one sooner than later, I've seen a bunch of people popping up who only recently got their v-pets in, and it'd be nice for them to get a chance to do it too.
    ---
    Brown ver.20th
    -Mamemon

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    I agree! It will be interesting to see how they go about things. And once again, congrats MrBoot! So cool to see one of our own win! X) I'm itching to have another go, so the possibility of another tournament is exciting!

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Awesome, way to go MrBoot! It'd be cool if they could see this as a sign that they should put in even more international effort.

Great news... congratulations on pretty much becoming the king of V-Petters!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if Bandai holds to what they said about prizes not being made available if you are outside of Japan when you consider he won the entire thing... especially since the prize for the winner was a one of a kind drawing by Kenji Watanabe.
    Clearly, if shipping the prize outside of japan is too much to ask they will simply have to prepare a private jet for MrBoot to get him to Japan as soon as possible and have him take part in a glamorous awards ceremony.

Their only other option would be to immediately mobilize the entire Japanese military to invade MrBoot's home country and swiftly annex it. This way he will technically live in Japan and could accept the prize without problems.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Awesome, way to go MrBoot! It'd be cool if they could see this as a sign that they should put in even more international effort.
    That's exactly what I thought

I come from the net
    Wow. That is impressive. Glad to hear this. Great job MrBoot. I hope they get their prize.

Follow Wolfshark On Twitter Follow Wolfshark on DeviantArt
    As someone who has a friend who lost in the first round I applaud to MrBoot. I hope he does get the prize though, mailing a piece of artwork shouldn't be too hard. Or at the very least this could lead to them realizing that there's still a decent and loyal fanbase over here. Sure the digimon fandom as a whole may be smaller than say pokemon's but we are still here. (though Japan appears to have the bigger one seeing that most of my digimon art on pixiv is pretty much my only popular stuff on there)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast