With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: tri. Stage Play DVD Pre-Orders Open, 2 DVD Set, Plus Amazon Version

tri. Stage Play DVD Pre-Orders Open, 2 DVD Set, Plus Amazon Version

Pre-orders have opened for the tri. Stage Play DVD, plus we have some details!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We don't have a lot of info yet, just a few basic things, some of which we knew previously.

The DVD will be released on December 2nd and cost 9,504 yen. As previously announced there is no Blu-ray release.

The release is listed as two DVDs. We don't currently know 'why' it's a two DVD release yet: whether they are including two showings of the stage play, splitting it at the intermission between discs, or including bonus content on a second disc.

Amazon will also have an exclusive version that includes a bromide print of Gaku Matsumoto and Shohei Hashimoto (Taichi and Yamato respectively.)

CDJapan affiliate link for the normal version, Amazon link for the Amazon version.
    Digimon Adventure tri. Stage Play DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Stage Play DVD Amazon Version

Updated the DVD links.

Prior Stage Play updates can be found here:
    Original Announcement
    Male Cast & Synopsis
    Digimon Cast
    Female Cast, Ensemble, & Director
    Costume Previews
    Cast in Full Costume
    Cast Comment Videos
    Cast Interview
    Reveal of Etemon, Tentomon, & Palmon
    Agumon, Gabumon, MetalGarurumon, and Taichi & Yamato Clips
    Vamdemon, Products, tri. Part 5 Footage, Piyomon, and Gomamon
    tri. Stage Play Trailer and Gabumon
    Special Events After Showings and Agumon Clip
    Animedia Art, Interview, Agumon Clip
    Rehearsal Images
    DVD Announced
    Digest Video
    Livestreams Announced
    Exhibition of the Digimon & Products on Sale at Toei Store
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Why are they on the wrong shoulders, anyway?

Finally a public announcement... I wonder if the DVD you could preorder at the actual event is the same product or something special.
    Also I'm interested of what footage they'll use... did they record one specific showing of the play, or maybe record many of them and then cut together (I don't know how well that would even work), or did maybe it could even just use a higher quality version of the footage recorded for the nicovideo streams...

Quote Originally Posted by MajinAkuma View Post
    Why are they on the wrong shoulders, anyway?
    The shoulders were probably simply not important enough to completely reframe the poster for.
    If they had the actors switch places Taichi would shift into the background and that wouldn't work because he is the more prominent character. Also, if they did the same kind of angle from the other side (even ignoring the general framing and composition issues that would cause), the shield on the shoulder would really get in the way. That one spike from the MetalGarurumon shoulder already sticks out very prominently, the shield would awkwardly block half of Taichi from view.

Added a CDJapan affiliate link for the normal version of the DVD.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... MidoriHime's Avatar
    Follow MidoriHime On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Finally a public announcement... I wonder if the DVD you could preorder at the actual event is the same product or something special.
    Also I'm interested of what footage they'll use... did they record one specific showing of the play, or maybe record many of them and then cut together (I don't know how well that would even work), or did maybe it could even just use a higher quality version of the footage recorded for the nicovideo streams...
    From what I recall (I went twice, my friend went three times), they're using the final showing (NicoNico) as the dvd version, which is pretty common (final showing seems to have more intense fans, is hopefully the most polished session, staff are more on the ball and emotional to see it end, longer messages by the actors, etc etc).

Regarding the preorder at venue one, the information was very limited. I don't believe they mentioned it was 2 disc. I think we're possibly getting the bromide as well but I can't truly recall. However, there is an event ticket of some sort included (whether it's lottery or not is unknown). The actors for Taichi and Yamato will be there (maybe some fan meet and greet? talk session?) not sure in all honesty :/ I can update when I get my copy in December lol

Quote Originally Posted by MidoriHime View Post
    However, there is an event ticket of some sort included (whether it's lottery or not is unknown). The actors for Taichi and Yamato will be there (maybe some fan meet and greet? talk session?) not sure in all honesty :/ I can update when I get my copy in December lol
    https://withthewill.net/threads/1819...-DVD-Announced

We got that a month ago, as far as I'm aware they haven't clarified details further (likely will be detailed in the slip included with the DVD.)