With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

View Poll Results: Have a Favourite Arc?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Devimon Arc

7 13.46%
  • Etemon Arc

7 13.46%
  • Vamdemon Arc

29 55.77%
  • Dark Masters Arc

14 26.92%
  • Kaiser Arc

6 11.54%
  • Archemon Arc

4 7.69%
  • Dark Seeds Arc

4 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: How Would You Rank the "Adventure" Arcs?

They aren't really in conflict. Plot, Character, and Setting are all interdependent expressions of the theme.

But otherwise, yes, preferences vary between people.
    Last edited by Jaybird C; 10-05-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    It's all part of the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    ...yes. A concrete scale. Of quality. What does one measure that in? Inches? Quarts? BlackWarGreymons?

Let's see, 02 is clearly the worst because it has more BlackWarGreymons than any other season.

Seriously though, I don't know what you're expecting in terms of some sort of 'quality criteria'.
    ding ding ding

That's exactly my point.

Some people in this thread very clearly believe that parts of 02 are objectively crappy compared to other parts.

There is a such thing as an objective scale of quality (take that, pomo), but it isn't fine-grained enough for people to agree on anything in Digimon. Even most of the rubrics that people do come up with are mostly window dressing: for example, judging different parts of Digimon for their 'characterization' (which is neither a necessary nor sufficient condition for something good, anyway) is mostly a fancy way of saying 'I like these characters better.' There is a such thing as a story with deep and valuable insights into human psychologies, but Digimon isn't one by the wildest stretches of imagination.

Similarly, 'this is bad writing' mostly just means 'I didn't like this arc', not that it is awful. There is a such thing as bad writing and good writing but the differences between parts of Digimon series, or even Digimon series, are not actually discernible in such a way that everyone would agree.

Ain't got no mojo...
    This is in no particular order. But to start with, I think my real fav of Adventure seasons is:

The Digimon Emperor arch is my favorite mostly because it's the one that makes me cry. Ken's whole story is pretty dark and tragic, but him and Wormon just never fail to bring tears to my eyes and a punch to my gut. And then the process of the group dealing with him after he's dethroned and all- oof. I loved it. And I could not get enough of Mummymon and Arukenimon's "relationship". That poor love struck dope, and her sheer disinterest. And then the big hit when Mummymon sacrifices himself.. woof. That's another gut punch. Kudos to those voice actors

I like the Etemon arch cause I like me a good Rita Repulsa villain. A big ol' evil clown. And not like a Joker or Peidmon evil clown. I'm talking a goof-ball nere-do-well that's a real threat. There's too many sinister bad asses in villany with their simmering eeeeevil. Sometimes it's nice it have a threat with some pie jokes.

I enjoyed the Myotismon arch, but I think I'm in the minority that isnt all that impressed by Myotismon. He was threatening and sho'nuff evil, but I was just way more enthralled with other villains. And it was cool to be back on Earth, and seeing what life was like on the kids' return. Plus I liked how we didnt waist -too- long on hiding the digimon from the parents. But I was glad to get back to the Digi-world. Loved the Dark Masters. -Loved- the concept of Spiral Mountain.

Everything else, I loved for what it was. There was good character stuff all over. I dont have one that I hate. Just if I had one at the bottom, it would be Myotismon.

Follow Charmly on DeviantArt Visit Charmly's Youtube Channel
    I love the Etemon arc just because of how ridiculous Etemon is and literally no other reason.

* Call me charlie

The arc I enjoyed the most is Myotismon arc... It is because all the children activate their crests and begin to maturete little by little but I feel MalomVamdemon's return in 02 somewhat ruined this arc but I'm okay with it though. Dark Masters arc is very well done given on how kids get separated again and they have to survive on their own. I really enjoyed it very much but it is also sad cause is the final arc of the series. Devimon arc is the one I disliked. It took 13 episodes to finish and it was a way too long which was not for my amuse... Etemon arc is ok.

In 02 there is no such thing like ''best arc'' to me but what I enojoyed the most was Dark Seeds arc because Daemon and his fellows show up.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567