With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you hide your digimon?

How would you hide your digimon?

If for some reason some random omnipotent being give you a digimon how would you hide it, especially in plain sight? Takato answer to it is it's just a cosplay but what if it is someone close to you that asking, or if the digimon is too big to keep inside or just inviting cops to your house like sistermon?
    Let me go first,
    Whamon: "It's a blimp."
    Rosemon: "Before you say anything let me just tell you that I read your browser history."
    Dagomon: "ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
    How would you hide your digimon?

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Case 1: Keramon
    Well, around my folks, I really wouldn't need to, although would have to convince them that he's a mostly self-sufficient pet. In the real world, I'd keep Keramon in my laptop, which I carry around with me most of the time when I go to college, or somehow send him to the internet through the cell phone. Also, as we've seen in Savers, Keramon has the ability to manipulate data, and I would definitely use it to my advantage. Also note that while I've used the word 'pet' here, in any scenario in which I get a digital monster, I'll see said Digimon as my partner, my equal, my buddy for life.
    Case 2: Meicoomon
    I think the biggest problem with this would be convincing my parents that my digital pet (and potential best friend) is a pet I am more than capable of taking care of, but given how cute Meicoomon is, my little brother would probably be instantly bowled over if he saw her in real life (right now he's at the stage where he's defecting to the Pokemon side, because Game Freak), and if he's convinced, that's the job half done, as despite me being 9 years his senior, my parents still see my little brother as the more responsible one. To most of the people visiting my house, including family and friends, Mei-chan will simply be a peculiar, friendly Maine Coon cat that feigns the inability to speak like humans, in front of the people who shouldn't know she's a Digimon. However, a few select of my friends and cousins will know that Mei-chan is not your everyday house cat.

Now, if either of these two ever Digivolve, we have a slight problem. Meicrackmon, both VM and normal, is one hell of a scary beastie, and Chrysalimon, well let's just say that it's gonna trigger a wave of fear worser than the entomophobia I actually have, among people. There's of course, two possibilities. Either it can be like the Adventure universe, where after a battle the Digimon revert to their lower forms. In such a case, I'd have nothing to worry about, really. However, if it's like the Tamers universe, and Digimon do take a while to de-Digivolve, I'd give Chrysalimon/Infermon/Diablomon a strategic timeout in my computer, or using my cell phone. As for Meicrackmon/Rasielmon (I'm assuming the worst doesn't happen and I don't make any care mistakes), I would use a similar strategy if I'm outdoors, or let my slightly bigger but still adorable and incredibly furry cat sleep in my bed till she reverts back to her Adult level Meicoomon. With Meicoomon, I have a bonus, viz., if she evolves during Halloween, or a couple of hours prior to nighttime on the same day, I can finally have a Halloween party after all these years at my place, and pretend that Meicrackmon/Rasielmon is a female friend in a suit that just won't come off (with some of my best friends knowing the actual truth and hopefully keeping their mouths shut).

Add NearTheTamer on Steam Follow NearTheTamer on DeviantArt Visit NearTheTamer's Youtube Channel Visit NearTheTamer's Xbox Live Profile
    I'd probably hide Tentomon poorly. Like, he'd have to stay in my closet when I'm out. As for the outside world, he'd need to be careful when flying.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    depends on the Digimon, if i have to go by my fav (lucemon) then that should be easy peasy as he is essential just a little boy, give him some real clothes so nobody wonders about him (or thinks that iīm a pedo) and put his wings in a backpack with a hole on the inside.
    same goes for FM, just with bigger clothes.
    that should work pretty much for all humanoid digimon, you can for example go classic with hat and trenchcoat like DeathMeramon in adventure, lol.

if we talk more animalistic then itīs of course more problematic, though i personally woudnīt have to much of a problem since i live alone and on the country side, so i can get my mon in without anyone noticing and if itīs to big, well then there a forest about 5 minutes from where i live.

i guess iīm the ideal candidate for a digimon XD

Ain't got no mojo... Pizza Splitter's Avatar
    Suppose so long as it's a small one I can easily hide it in my room in the old teddy bear pile I have. For anything bigger I'd probably have to find some kind of nearby park place like Takato did to hide them. Probably a good thing I live in a small town then. As there's a couple nearby.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by NearTheTamer View Post
    I'd probably hide Tentomon poorly. Like, he'd have to stay in my closet when I'm out. As for the outside world, he'd need to be careful when flying.
    Good for you, I guess. Just keep him at least ten feet away from me. As much as I think Adventure Tentomon's a total badass, I'd probably freak out if I saw a bug that big.
    Expanding on OP's question, I was wondering how many of you have had actual dreams involving encounters with Digimon?

I'd probably set up a nice space for them in my closet if they were small, and give then some video games or something to occupy them. Maybe they could fit in a bag and come with me in public sometimes too! If they were bigger, they would be able to hide in the woods right near my house, which would also have the benefit of scaring the crud out of any illegal hunters! This topic has me thinking though, what would you do if you got a large aquatic Digimon and lived nowhere near a large body of water?

With the Digimon I like, both Ryudamon and Dorumon be wearing long trench coats. something to the ground, t hide their tails.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Anyone who wouldn't hide their Digimon, and conquer the world with it instead?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Anyone who wouldn't hide their Digimon, and conquer the world with it instead?
    Yeah. You too?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast