With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18 Years since Digimon Premiered in English

18 Years since Digimon Premiered in English

It's time for another anniversary!

It's been 18 years since the English dub of Digimon premiered!

It premiered on Fox Kids on August 14th, 1999 on Saturday in the USA!

Excellent timing for the anniversary when you consider the next part of Digimon Adventure tri. comes out in English tomorrow!

How/When did you first see the dub?
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    I first saw the dub on CITV (what was then the afternoon kids section of ITV) here in the UK. The rest as they say, is history.

I remember getting up for like 6 am to watch this on Fox Kids UK channel. Happy that I can watch the PT.2 dub tomorrow via iTunes. Been waiting for so long to see it.

I remember watching the first episode on Fox Kids that very day. Geez I was little. I would've turned 4 a couple months after it aired
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I watched it when it first aired on Fox Kids in the US.

I don't remember ever watching Digimon when it first came out. Like I knew it existed, but I was a more of a Pokemon fan than anything else.
    I remember seeing posters of the movie in theaters, which was about the time that Adventure 02 was airing, and I remember the poster being the coolest thing ever (still do). I recognized the characters on the poster, which means I have already watch some episodes of the first two seasons of Digimon, but I do not remember when exactly I started watching. I know I grew up more with 02 and Tamers than I did with the original. It was only when tri. was coming out that I chose to watch the original Adventures (dubbed), and I loved it.

Ain't got no mojo... DazzleDream's Avatar
    Add DazzleDream on Steam
    I started watching from the second episode on Network 2 in Ireland. I was instantly addicted

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    I first saw the dub on CITV (what was then the afternoon kids section of ITV) here in the UK. The rest as they say, is history.
    Same here! Well, I think the first episode I watched was actually by way of Ant & Dec's SMTV Live (Saturday morning programming on the same channel). I missed Episode 1 so I started from 2. If I remember correctly, they actually showed this instead of Pokemon that week. And then I ended up liking Digimon more XD

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Tai View Post
    I remember getting up for like 6 am to watch this on Fox Kids UK channel.
    Alright for some! My family only had Terrestrial TV back then, so we only had access to five channels. One day in 2002 or 3 I was expecting Digimon before learning that Hey Arnold! had taken its timeslot >.>

Some of my more distinct memories of the CITV broadcast included them looping back to Episode 1 after the first time Episode 27 aired. I also missed The Earthquake of MetalGreymon both times it aired. And I think we were early in the Devas arc of Tamers when CITV lost the rights.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Wildwing, CITV only showed the first 4 episodes of Tamers.

I nearly missed Angemon defeating Devimon as Episode 13 was on SMTV live. I used to have to sit through the crud until they aired Digimon lol.

Fox Kids.

I honestly can't remember what attracted me to it, nor the first episode I actually remember watching, but I do remember enjoying it!

Oddly enough, I never compared it to Pokemon, nor heard anyone else in my schoolyard do so, either.

Then again, I never saw any Digimon games or merchandise as a kid. Don't know how, either...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast