With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future Chip sets?

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    It's not, for starters the episode you're referring to treated the different Perorimon as members of single species, not multiple species as we've seen with Digimon variants/subspecies like Agumon Classic and Agumon (Belt).

This same rule would be applied to Tapmon, Flickmon, and Swipemon as well meaning that there'd only be three species regardless of Type hence why the Types are listed on the same three pages.

In fact, this is why Gugumon is significant as it's the only known repeat of a Application/Ability in Appli Monsters.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 08-13-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Math?? Ok I'll comment. So this kind of situation to me seems like it would work well with combinations and permutations. There are the 3 Appmon and each of them has 7 variations. This gives a total of 21 different mons. Going off the hypothesis that 2 of them would fuse to create a Standard grade Appmon, we can use the formula 21 choose 2 to see how many different pairings are possible. That gives a total of 210 pairings meaning 210 Standard Appmon. Now that number includes stuff like 2 Tapmon combining or 2 Flickmon or 2 Swipemon. So we can instead look at it like this: we have 7 of Appmon #1 (whichever one we decide that is) and we have the choice of either combining with Appmon #2 or Appmon #3 so there's 2 possible choices there. Each of those 2 also has the 7 variations.

So 7x2x7=98 which is a lot closer to the 80 that are listed on Wikimon's Standard grade category. Maybe you're on to something here. It is a little strange that these Appmon along with the others mentioned don't have chips, but these three and Dantemon kind of make some sense
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Thanks for running the math, CoDL. That was exactly along the lines of how I was thinking the Tap/Swipe/Flickmons would work!

I guess the other 18 permutations could result in the 'variants' like Mari-Perorimon? (Or possibly some kind of Standard-Grade version of Sukashimon/Damedamon?)
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Except you're still assuming that MariPero is her own species which is not only not what's been said in series but in fact it is stated that she's just a Perorimon named Marilyn.

Think less BlackAgumon and more Bugs Bunny. You need to get out of this mindset that all variants are their own species when talking about Appmon.

Math is just what I do not to get super off the topic of the thread but I may make a spreadsheet just for funsies trying to list the combos and come up with suggestions for what Standard grade they'd make. I'll make a new thread when I actually get around to doing that.

I do agree that the different Perorimon should be considered the same species, but Tapmon, Flickmon, and Swipemon seem to be special. I'll admit I don't know that much about all the Appmon yet but the fact these 3 can come in all 7 types and don't AppLink definitely makes them stand out.

Trying to connect this little theory to the main topic of this thread, maybe the extra 18 hypothetical Standard grades could be variations of existing Appmon, but not in the same way as say Perorimon or Roleplaymon. Well Roleplaymon might not be the best choice because he has a 7 Code version as well. But the variations seen in the anime are still just the regular Roleplaymon. If there are actually chips for different variations of Appmon, could that maybe be where the extra 18 fit in?
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    Sorry for sinking this theory, but I just remembered that Tapmon, Flickmon and Swipemon can't AppFuse because they don't have cables.

*shrugs* It's a theory for Appmon that have only made appearances briefly in the manga. Who's to say that Appmon of that level AppFuse by using cables?

Re: MariPero
    I'm not assuming she's a unique species, but I was thinking more along the lines of "there's multiple permutations that result in the same species, but some permutations might lead to slight variants of the species, such as MariPero."
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

That would be known as a subspecies which is what Agumon, Falcomon, Crowmon, and Kudamon in Data Squad are. The Profiles for the two that were added to the DRB explicitly refer to them as such.

The variation for Perorimon and Ropuremon is more the differentiation of App brands.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 09-19-2017 at 07:57 PM.

If they release future chip sets I sure hope they have a storage solution for all the chips. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they only released a binder for Ver 1.0 like a year ago. I got that binder and already filled it up way back when the Ver 2.0 booster was released. The dozens of new chips I've obtained since then have simply been sitting in boxes and I've been waiting for them to release new binders but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

Does anybody have a good suggestion on how to store the chips for display? (Apart from buying multiple 1.0 binders.)

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    You could buy a coin case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Having power levels doesn't mean the trio were programmed in the Appli Drive since those power levels came from the 3DS game
    The power levels DON'T come from the 3DS game because the 3DS game doesn't use power levels. At all.
    The Appli Drive is literally the only place were the trio's power levels could have come from, and are the source Wikimon cites for its power level. And we know they are in the Appli Drive because Ainz repeatedly used the coin trick for God knows how long to get all Appmon's power levels, and eventually stumbled on the unrealesed Appmon, which is how they even exist.

So yes, we KNOW Tapmon, Flickmon, and Swipemon are programmed in the Appli Drive, and if you don't believe you just have to ask Ainz.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    [A]nd the God Grades didn't bring up any of the trio to my knowledge.
    What do you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    7*3=21*7=147 different standard Appmon
    Idk if this is correct, but if it is then makes sense. In the anime there are more than 470 Appmon (Because Appliyama 470 is named after the amount of smartphone apps at the time).
    With this number, we have:
    • 73.5 Super Appmon (Idk how would this apply, maybe there's one that can't AppFuse?)
    • 36.75 Ultimate Appmon (wat)
    • 18.375 God Appmon (OK, I think I made a mistake somewhere)
    I think you're failing to take into account Appmon with special line like Onmon and Offmon, who were likely desinged with traditional Evolution in mind. There are probably more Appmon like them, although there's still no official explanation for how they work, and the games even have to use repeated Appmon as their fusion partners..

Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    Then with those 21 Appmon we have:
    • 21 Tap/Flick/Swipe + 147 Standards + 73.5 Supers + 36.75 Ultimates + 18.375 Gods = 296.625 Total Appmon

There are theorically 296 Appmon in the 3DS Game (and probably counting those like Dantemon and Speciamon). Which means that if my calculations are somehow correct, there are aprox. 173 Appmon undiscovered...
    Do you mean programmed in the game, or existing in the game continuity?
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast