It's time for another Appmon Music CD!

Perfect World by Traffic Light! This new CD features the fourth Appmon ED, Perfect World, along with a few other songs which are unrelated to Appmon.

These are scans of the First Print Edition B (Appmon Version) of the CD.

The embedded files are smaller JPGs from our gallery, so those shouldn't have any bandwidth issues. Click the images for big versions.

The scans went well. I did minimal editing on these and I think everyone came out reasonably well.

The CD was packaged in a CD-Album style case (the CD case most people are familiar with.)

The cover (at the top of the article) is a new image of Gatchmon and the members of Traffic Light in the art style of Appmon. I like this cover, but I feel there are a few issues. Gatchmon's face seems a bit off to me. This may have just been an attempt to make him look a bit unique, but his smile especially just seems weird. Also, the Traffic Light members are, in theory, drawn in the Appmon style... but it feels a few degrees off. Like it isn't 'quite' the Appmon style, but just close.

The cover is the front to a booklet

It opens to a track list page and a photo of Tomoya Mizuki from Traffic Light. This version was advertised as having photos of him as one of it's features.

After that we get more track list pages and images.

The last internal page of the booklet contains all the credits, while the back cover to the booklet is just some basic information.

A scan of the disc itself.

The disc itself has a clear label with just minimal elements on it. We get a few lines and then blue paint splatters (based on the member of the group that this release is 'themed' for.) It's an interesting disc label as it's both very clean, but with messy elements that still appear clean.

Because this was a full CD case, it had some art under the tray which I cracked open.

The image features the entire group.

The reverse side of this is the actual back cover of the CD case.

Having all the track and legal information printed vertically and shoved to the side is an interesting way to give the photo focus and not cover it up. I rather like how this was done.

On the left side of the case was an obi card.

Oddly, this obi seems to have a small profile of the group on one side. It makes it one of the more (if not the most) detailed obi I've seen (or at least that I can remember.)

The release also came with a bonus item

It included one of 6 random can badges of the group. The can badge was held in a small cardboard display that was attached to the back of the album. The specific one included was the photo badge of Yuuta Shirose.

A sticker was on the outside of the shrinkwrap.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The sticker is just basic information, including it's connection to Appmon and the show Kaiju Club (the ED is on the CD and one of the members is in the show), among other information in that vein.

There was also a second sticker... but it's a bit ripped...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They had a sticker sealing the part with the can badge off, and since it's placement might cover the track information on the back that information is repeated on the sticker. I had to rip the sticker to get into it. I hadn't planned to scan the sticker originally, but decided to after the fact despite there not being any unique information on it. I folded over a bit of plastic to keep the exposed glue off the scanner.

Perfect World is a good song that Appmon fans have generally been happy with (seems to be far less arguing about it's quality than other Appmon EDs.) The fact that Ayumi Miyazaki did the composition meant that expectations were high and it felt like the song met it. I've yet to actually listen to the rest of the CD to be honest. Been listening to Perfect World while I edit and put together the article.

Seems likely this is high on the list for Appmon fans

There are different versions of Perfect World that offer different cover art, a single track that's different on each version, and different bonus items. Minus the cover art for First Edition B, there is no Appmon related content that is different between versions.

Perfect World is still available at CDJapan (Affiliate Links.)
Perfect World/GEEKDOM EP
Perfect World/GEEKDOM EP (First Edition A/Are You Ready version)
Perfect World/GEEKDOM EP (First Edition B/Appmon version)
Perfect World/GEEKDOM EP (First Edition C/Kaiju Club version)

With various Digimon and Appmon stuff coming out, donations would be appreciated so we can make sure we can continue to get Digimon materials to share with everyone.

Images are hosted on our gallery and embedded on the forum, so let us know if anything is acting up.