With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Hacker's Memory Cover Art, Cast, Pre-Order Bonus DLC, & Limited Edition Info

Japanese Hacker's Memory Cover Art, Cast, Pre-Order Bonus DLC, & Limited Edition Info

Time for some more Hacker's Memory Info!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The cover for the game is a fantastic new piece of art featuring the cast from the game.

On top of that, we have info about what various DLC and bonus items will be included with different versions...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, the early purchase bonus items, with the codes presented on a physical Hudie membership card:
    1- Sistermon Noir and Sistermon Blanc, who will both have access to their Awakened Mode.
    2- A 'dress uniform' costume for your character (for both Hacker's Memory and the original Cyber Sleuth, which is included.)
    3- NXStyle Edge Omegamon (they refer to him as 'Omegamon NX')

Then we have the special release of the game...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory Limited Edition "Digimon 20th Anniversary Box" will come with a number of extras...

1- It appears the version of the game included in the box is the "TV Animation Sound Edition Version" and includes a dozen songs from Digimon anime integrated into the game.
    2- A Digimon Story Art Book
    3- Hacker's Memory Soundtrack CD
    4- A physical business card for the Kuremi Detective Agency that includes DLC codes for Alphamon NX and Dukemon NX (the NX moniker appears to be used as shorthand for NXEdge style Digimon.)
    5- A 20th Anniversary Box

Last up is store exclusive DLC. These should be available with the LEs also, but check stores before you import:
    Amazon- T-Shirt Costume for Main Character
    Geo- Duftmon NX
    Tsutaya- LordKnightmon NX
    Lalabit- An in-game item set.

Update- Added images of Duftmon and LordKnight NX just above.

Hacker's Memory is scheduled for release on December 14th. The normal version will be 6,800 yen on PS4 while the Vita version will cost 5,700. The LEs will cost 10,300 yen for the Playstation 4 and 9,200 yen for the Vita.

If you want to import the games a few shops have them listed for pre-order with shipping outside of Japan:

CDJapan (Affiliate Links)
    PS4
    PS4 Limited Edition
    Vita
    Vita Limited Edition

Amazon Japan: (Amazon does list the Limited Editions as coming with their early order bonus, the normal version has both versions with and without the Amazon bonus items, links are included for both.)
    PS4, Amazon, Limited Edition
    Vita, Amazon, Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for an early 2018 release in the US and the rest of the world.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Update- They've confirmed the Digimon Game Community site has been delayed due to technical reasons, no update on when it might open.

But to finish on a positive, we have some cast info for the new characters!

Keisuke Amazawa will be voiced by Ryota Asari, who has been in quite a bit, but is rarely the lead. This may be a purposeful choice based on their comments about Keisuke in the past.

Erika Mishima will be voiced by Yui Ogura. She's had many roles in anime and games, along with singing quite a few opening and ending themes. Some of these roles are: Athena in Campione, Kuroneko's little sister in Oreimo, and Chris in Cross Ange.

Ryuji Mishima will be voiced by Yuichi Nakamura. Nakamura has more roles than could be listed easily, but best known to Digimon fans as Charismon in Appmon! But I'll list the roles I listed when he was announced as Charismon: Shinomiya from Food Wars, Tomoya from Clannad, Gray in Fairy Tail, Karamatsu in Mr. Osomatsu, Mumen Rider in One-Punch Man.

Chitose Imai will be voiced by Yuki Ono. Another actor who just has a ton of roles... including but not limited to: Isami in Food Wars, Shigeshige in Gintama, and Josuke in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Thanks to Sealtest for the heads up on the game being available to pre-order.

Update- Added images of the early purchase DLC thanks to Gematsu's Twitter.

Update- Added more pre-order DLC and clarified some details. Thanks to RPGSite for confirming the new cast members.

Thanks to garm for clarifying some details.

Update- Re-added Amazon links since they've opened up international ordering.

Update- Thanks to saifors for pointing out that Bandai-Namco UK put up the art with the English logo, and due to them making the logo smaller, we can see a bit more.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Can't wait to find out what that creature in the background of the box art is. Looks almost like an Arkadimon of some kind, with internal tentacles and all that. Looks like it has a cape as well. I'm assuming that's its torso we see, with its head obscured by the title.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Can't wait to find out what that creature in the background of the box art is. Looks almost like an Arkadimon of some kind, with internal tentacles and all that. Looks like it has a cape as well. I'm assuming that's its torso we see, with its head obscured by the title.
    Isn't it Arkadimon Super Ultimate? It has the same arms with the same eyes and decorations, the same antennae and torso structure.

Yep, that's definitely Arkadimon Super Ultimate! Ahhh, I'm so excited about the Digimon they're adding to the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShikaSS View Post
    Isn't it Arkadimon Super Ultimate? It has the same arms with the same eyes and decorations, the same antennae and torso structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    Yep, that's definitely Arkadimon Super Ultimate! Ahhh, I'm so excited about the Digimon they're adding to the game!!
    If that is Arkadimon Super Ultimate than it's been redesigned in a number of ways. Comparing that image to prior art we have of him does have some heavily similarities, but to many differences to say it's him at this point, especially when you consider how generally 'accurate' the current run of character models have been to prior designs.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    That's what I'm thinking as well, as you said the yellow eyes and black marking on the shoulders are heavily reminiscent of Arkadimon Super Ultimate, and while the 0s and 1s are a common recurring trait in CS it would fit the Arkadimon line since a major ability of theirs is to degrade Digimon and code into its basic data. It'd be a great villain to add to the game due to how the world works in them, and it would give attention to a Digimon line that has been greatly underused since its initial debut in V-Tamer.

I'm really hoping we get the limited edition version with the artbook here. The japanese anime songs would be so much fun to hear too but I don't want to get my hopes up. The DLC is pretty good too, there's notthing too important locked behind a preorder wall. The nx versions in game are kind of silly but fun. I'll be preordering it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    If that is Arkadimon Super Ultimate than it's been redesigned in a number of ways. Comparing that image to prior art we have of him does have some heavily similarities, but to many differences to say it's him at this point, especially when you consider how generally 'accurate' the current run of character models have been to prior designs.
    They redid Neo Devimon, Demon and Vdramon to give it a style different from the Vtamer guys art back in the day so I'm 99% sure it's him.
    Last edited by flintlock; 08-08-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    They redid Neo Devimon, Demon and Vdramon to give it a style different from the Vtamer guys art back in the day so I'm 99% sure it's him.
    Except the Cyber Sleuth models were not new redesigns done by/for CS. Those were existing designs for the characters, just not identical to V-Tamer (and in the case of a few of your examples, they were shown off outside of the manga at nearly the same time, suggesting they were added to the manga specifically to show off new/upcoming characters.)

That doesn't mean they won't (or haven't) redesigned him of course, but your examples aren't quite the same thing.

I have no issue believing it's reasonably a redesign (afterall, we haven't seen a 'Bandai design' Arkadimon Super Ultimate before, for lack of a better term), but it seems a bit early to say it's him for sure.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    another Omegamon, exactly what i wanted -_-

That Betamon is reallu cute...

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast