With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Hacker's Memory Cover Art, Cast, Pre-Order Bonus DLC, & Limited Edition Info

Arkadimon SU, the Sistermons, and SD Omegamon, Alphamon, and Dukemon. Cool stuff.

Hmm...I might put out the cash for the Limited Edition if it comes out here, which would be the first time I've done that for a game.

Give that black haired guy a cap, and he will turn into Atsubro from Devil Survivor.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    A redesign/new form of Arkadimon Super Ultimate,(I doubt it's not related to it in some way or another) is a pleasant surprise, likely the final boss, unless they got Milleniumon as well or something like that.
    I did not expect to see the Sistermons outside of the card games, it'll be interesting to see them for the first time as something other than a single still screenshot.
    More surprising than anything has to be the Omnimon, Aplhamon and Dukemon designs of the NX Edge toyline (wasn't that the style of the Super Robot Wars games?)
    Something I notice in the artbook: It says Digimon Story artbook, it doesn't specify that it's Story Cyber Sleuth (which would include Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory).
    This is quite curious as it could mean that we may get to see never before seen official/concept art of the entirety of the Story series, including the first Story, Sunburst and Moonlight. As someone who likes to draw fanart this interests me a lot.

Looking at that eye shoulder pad it definitely Arkadimon but the head look different for some reason...

Maybe, just maybe we actually see Ulforce future mode there?

That boxart is fantastic! The character designs really pop.

I hope something similar to that LE comes to the west.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Oh boy it even comes with an original sound...TRUCK?!
    Ah, Engrish, always so amusing.

These limited editions are really nice. If the localised version has a limited edition like this. I'll probably get it.

So the Omegamon (and the Alphamon and Dukemon) mentioned and shown. Does that mean we can have a chibi style version of Omegamon in our team?
    I'm assuming they aren't giving us the actual Nexedge figures as bonus items.

The Sistermons are an odd choice for DLC but the more digimon available the better

And that cover artwork is really really nice.

I highly doubt that the monster in the background could be a regular Arkadimon SU. The structure of the torso is very different in general, there seems to be a cape like mass which, together with the 3 stripes pointing towards the middle from the side of his torso kind of gives me an omegamon inspired vibe. Maybe some sort of jogress?

Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    A redesign/new form of Arkadimon Super Ultimate,(I doubt it's not related to it in some way or another) is a pleasant surprise, likely the final boss, unless they got Milleniumon as well or something like that.
    I don't think they would put the final boss on the front cover. And considering that there already exists a model for Millenniummon it will almost certainly be used in this game.
    Although I don't see what exactly Millenniumon has to do with Arkadimon.

Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    Something I notice in the artbook: It says Digimon Story artbook, it doesn't specify that it's Story Cyber Sleuth (which would include Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory).
    This is quite curious as it could mean that we may get to see never before seen official/concept art of the entirety of the Story series, including the first Story, Sunburst and Moonlight. As someone who likes to draw fanart this interests me a lot.
    If it's more than just the CS games that would be a good justification for the "20th anniversary" part of the box set, since an anniversary that only focuses on stuff from the last 3 years is a bit weird, if the artbook has stuff from the story games, which go further back, that would be nice. On its own... Cyber sleuth had quite a big batch of promotional artwork, for the humans, the eaters, all the royal knights, and Hacker's memory seems to have about the same yet, even if combined, would that be enough art to fill a whole book?
    The book on the image is rather thick, but of course being "sample" render it is not clear if that's actually representative of the final product.
    I for one hope that their release the artbook separately at some point, especially since I assume that's what will happen with the soundtrack again (CS also had a preorder soundtrack CD which ended up containing less music than the separate soundtrack release later which had 3 discs). Art from the other games would definitely make the artbook more viable as a standalone product but I also wonder if including material from the Story games that were never released internationally would lower that artbook's chances to make it overseas.
    I also remember that with Next 0rder BandaiNamco of europe decided to release stuff like the digimon world soundtrack, originally a preorder bonus for the japanese version, without any limitations attached. If that happens again that would of course be the best case scenario... imagine a nice digital version of the artbook without any "limited edition" shenanigans.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    I don't think it looks that different that it couldn't be just an Arkadimon SU..the torso looks well, pretty much the same as the V-Tamer art to me except for the spikes, and I think that could easily be stylisation (since Yabuno's art is very roundy). Also the cape-like thing could be its wings.
    I mean I don't think it's impossible for it to be a different form/jogress, but personally it looks too similar to regular Arkadimon SU to be a separate form..you'd think they'd add more differences if it were really a jogress with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    I highly doubt that the monster in the background could be a regular Arkadimon SU. The structure of the torso is very different in general, there seems to be a cape like mass which, together with the 3 stripes pointing towards the middle from the side of his torso kind of gives me an omegamon inspired vibe. Maybe some sort of jogress?
    I really don't see what's so different about the torso. Those 3 stripes are it's 3 tentacles and what you're calling cape is it's left wing.
    As for the rest of the tentacles, they're most likely not visible or blended in due to shading (see it's right arm, there are some kind of pilosities waving about)

EDIT: Welp, Garm beat me to it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast