With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 45: A Great Clash!? Gatchmon VS Agumon!

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    I've been seeing discussions on twitter about the significance of wargreymon's texture having binary patterns while appmons' have 'programming code line' patterns instead..
    Does anyone know if that means/implies anything about the structure differences between Digimon and Appmon? I know that binary is what computers read and code is what programmers write but that's kind of it..

I'm very un-IT savvy so all this (including tri.'s binary/trinary talk) all goes over my head :v

To me that seemed to mean they are using different base system to work, like Appmon is window based to digimon Linux based.

It likely means very little (in the end) when you look at the actual concepts 'Digimon' are generically based on, and Appmon are more specifically based on. It appears to just be more a unique and interesting visual quirk.

I'll try to explain, even though programming isn't really my thing (including how and where it might be relevant to tri.)

Digimon are generically potentially 'anything' digital as a creature. Since the basics of our digital systems all end up breaking down to binary, they use binary for 'Digimon'

tri. isn't super relevant, but since not explaining it might add to the confusion since we see more than binary in tri...

In the case of tri., we weren't quite aware what they were doing early on, so we thought they were using trinary to represent Digimon's 'code' in tri. trinary is another way to represent data digitally, but to an insanely large degree, our digital technology is binary based. (Trinary is more properly known as Ternary, but due to 'tri' being so well known with the number 3, and the title being 'tri.', we tend to say trinary.)

The trinary code in tri. isn't really trinary, to the best of our knowledge. It's a visual representation of the infection. Basically 'new' programming is overwriting the Digimon (so the more 2s you see, the worse the infection is.)

Appmon are a bit more specific than Digimon. You could define them as a sub-group of Digimon that are purely based around modern 'smartphone' style applications.

While deep down that would still break down to binary, you wouldn't really write smartphone applications in that way. You'd use a coding language.

So rather than binary, they show something akin to a programming language, so as to represent that they are based on modern smartphone applications, rather than just being generic 'digital'.

Or in short...
    Digital Monsters are made of binary, the basis of digital data, communication, etc.

Application Monsters are digital monsters made of a programming language, akin to what a real smartphone application would be programmed with.

At least this is how it applies to the universes that are relevant. There are dimensions where it may act differently.

But like I said at the top... it's really just an interesting little visual quirk.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    Been a long time since I enjoyed a filler episode this much.
    From the info we're given on this 3DS Digimon Universe game isn't any of the real games. The closest we have from the info given (Adventure universe due to mention of Etemon, Diaboromon and Vamdemon bosses and the backgrounds being those of the Adventure Digital World, and the side view) I guess it could be some kind of in universe remake of Anode Tamer with quite a few changes in design, but that's pretty much the closest real life equivalent. Also a Digimon app (possibly v-pet) at the end. Why must you tease us so Bandai/Toei?!
    I'm guessing the inclusion of Nakano broadway is due to the Digimon cross-promotion event there with cyber sleuth hacker's Memory, kinda weird for the place to feel so familiar even though I've never been there and my familiarity is completely because of the running through those halls a bunch in Cyber Sleuth.
    Really liked the animation in this episode, also I believe the Wargreymon model to be the high poly one they used for the CG cutscenes in Next 0rder.
    Also Brave Heart was great to hear, especially as Appmon has been extremely lacking in the use of insert songs.

Also I noticed that one of the game characters was Marth from Fire Emblem, but with an enemy palette.
    Last edited by saifors; 08-13-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    It likely means very little (in the end) when you look at the actual concepts 'Digimon' are generically based on, and Appmon are more specifically based on. It appears to just be more a unique and interesting visual quirk.

--
    Appmon are a bit more specific than Digimon. You could define them as a sub-group of Digimon that are purely based around modern 'smartphone' style applications.

--
    Or in short...
    Digital Monsters are made of binary, the basis of digital data, communication, etc.

Application Monsters are digital monsters made of a programming language, akin to what a real smartphone application would be programmed with.

But like I said at the top... it's really just an interesting little visual quirk.
    That was a really really cool explanation, and the only part I don't agree with is that 'it means very little'. I think it does a lot to represent the nature of the differences in the relationship between Digimon and Appmon (that you yourself outlined in your explanation!). That's a piece of really cool world-building and the closest thing to a direct connection between Appmon and the rest of the franchise.

Again, really good explanation of the issue!
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    That was a really really cool explanation, and the only part I don't agree with is that 'it means very little'. I think it does a lot to represent the nature of the differences in the relationship between Digimon and Appmon (that you yourself outlined in your explanation!). That's a piece of really cool world-building and the closest thing to a direct connection between Appmon and the rest of the franchise.
    I meant in the sense of 'the production crew likely didn't put as much thought into it as I did, or we are'.

They likely either chose not to use binary to not step on tri.'s toes, or were requested to find an alternate by Toei since tri. was running. Since they wanted a scrolling/flashing type text texture, moving to an application programming language was the likely choice.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    Love the episode. War Greymon was awesome alongside Globemon. Uratechmon screaming "Overkill!" when War Greymon uses 'Gaia Force', epic moment. My favorite song "Brave Heart" playing in the background.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

Ain't got no mojo...
    This was a great episode.
    My only issue is that if Digimon have always existed in the Appli Monsters Universe, how have none of the cast pointed out a parallel between Appmon and Digimon?
    I mean besides the obvious answer which is that it would complicate the narrative more than it's worth. But I enjoy picking at holes I find in plots :P

I like how the episode implies a sort of "Wreck-it-Ralph" situation where all the various game worlds are aware of eachother and the characters meet up.

...And somehow aren't related to Appmon at all. o3o

Add Shadious on Google+ Follow Shadious on DeviantArt
    This episode made me grin ear-to-ear with a bit of geeky tear.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast