With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 45: A Great Clash!? Gatchmon VS Agumon!

I keep rewatching the fight. It's beautiful, other than Wargreymon butt getting more accentuated for some reason.
    Wargreymon being taller and him deflecting the strike mean for Globemon made him look like a protective big brother.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Probably deliberate given Gatchmon's statement in the Data Lab segment. Digimon seem to be treated as an older sibling lifeform to Appmon.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Digimon seem to be treated as an older sibling lifeform to Appmon.
    I feel they're painting beyond the fourth wall at this point.

Still, I feel this is more of a "foreground cameo" than a full-blown "crossover", due to crossovers usually implying that it's the same character. Since it's not Tai's Agumon here, my feelings toward how I felt about an Agumon appearing in Appmon changed.

On a different note I get the feeling that this episode may have been worked on around the official 20th anniversary date.

This was a pretty fun episode. Yeah it was clearly fanservice, but it thankfully wasn't too heavy handed in it and it did use the way the Appmon world works to work in Agumon without him sticking out too much. On top of that, the fight with Globemon and Wargreymon was enjoyable to watch, and the touch of having Brave Heart playing throughout helped make it a memorable scene for the episode. All in all, it was pretty well handled as far as cameos go and a nice episode in its own right.

Also, I'm laughing at the fact that Eri's glasses failed her for once, sorry Eri, but the Clark Kent disguise can only get you so far.

I noticed that the opening sequence has been modified to include the new Applidrive DUO and Ultimates new poses. Wargreymon's Gaia Force is so beautifully animated (Gaia for Gaiamon anybody?). Overall this is a great anniversary episode.

Ain't got no mojo... glitchgoat's Avatar
    Follow glitchgoat On Twitter Follow glitchgoat on DeviantArt
    It's a really fun episode and the crossover/cameo element bothered me a lot less than I expected it to (because I'm a grump who was dreading Adventure fanservice for the sake of Adventure fanservice), but... man, Appmon's pacing issues are starting to test my patience a little bit. I have the weird half-problem where almost all of the filler is enjoyable on its own and generally creative, and all the characters are fun to spend time with every week, and it's almost always entertaining to watch, but it's kind of starting to get frustrating.

Eh, it's a kids show, so I'm not too bent out of shape about it.

In general, seemed to be a really enjoyable episode that I think I'd enjoy even more if it had come earlier in the season, instead of this close to the end.

Add clanc on Facebook
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the episode is named after the epic clash between Agumon and Gatchmon that lasts 5 seconds​?!

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the episode is named after the epic clash between Agumon and Gatchmon that lasts 5 seconds​?!
    In fairness, the episode is more about Agumon and Gatchmon's relationship than them actually duking it out.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    It's not the first time it's happened. "The Clashing Ultimates - WarGreymon vs. MetalGarurumon" was more about Homeostasis' info dump than the clash of the title.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    Does this mean Cyber Sleuth really does take place in the same world as Cyber Sleuth?

-Agumon evolved to wargreymon and it legit played BRAVE HEART!!! I couldn't contain my fanboyism! It almost brought tears to my eyes... I miss wada koji ;_;.
    1: I'd certainly hope so

2: We all do, but, Brave Heart is an Ayumi Miyazaki song.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I suppose there's hope for any future Appmon video games having Digimon in them, though? (Not sure the reverse is likely...)
    I think Appmon could be quite easily integrated into future Digimon games, especially Digimon Story. The power levels are more or less in line with that of traditional Digimon aside from the Baby stages, so they'd be much easier to slot in than something like the the Frontier Spirits and even more so than the Xros Wars Digimon. But I guess that's a topic for a whole new thread XD;

--

Anyway. This episode was nice. The interactions between Agumon, Haru and Gatchmon were fun. The nods to Adventure like the mentions of Etemon and Vamdemon were neat, but the thing that really took me back was the artstyle of Agumon's game world being the same as the background art in Adventure. Brave Heart being used again, and the new evolution sequence for WarGreymon were really cool. I noticed that they've basically lifted WarGreymon's model straight from Cyber Sleuth, but it looks good anyway so that's fine. But I really liked the binary and grid effects being added to match the CG Appmon artstyle.

As far as a crossover goes, it wasn't quite as extravagant as what we got in Young Hunters, but then maybe it didn't need to be. Going full-out like that again might have felt repetitive. Seeing WarGreymon and Globemon going back-to-back badass and then fighting together was more than enough fanservice for me. I'd hoped that we'd see Digimon appearing at some point for the 20th Anniversary, but having them appear without forcing them into Appmon's narrative and final story arc was a wise choice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast