With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tri. Stage Play DVD Announced

tri. Stage Play DVD Announced

People are going to be excited about this one!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A DVD for the Digimon Adventure tri. Stage Play has been announced!

Ukyou mentioned being able to pre-order it when he was at the stage play, and at roughly the same time they officially announced details.

First up, the release has been announced for DVD only, no Blu-ray release planned at this time.

The DVD will be released on December 2nd for 9,204 yen. Those seeing the stage play at the Zepp Blue Theater Roppongi were able to fill out a pre-order form for the DVD, with a 2,000 yen down payment. (Update- This was originally reported as 2,000 yen total, we've since confirmed with Ukyou that it was a down payment, not a total.)

Those who pre-order the DVD at the stage play showings will receive two bonus items:
    A bromide print when their DVD arrives.
    An invitation to a post-release DVD event in January 2018. Gaku Matsumoto and Shohei Hashimoto (Taichi and Yamato) will be on hand at the event.

Pre-orders for the DVD outside of the Zepp Blue Theater Roppongi are not available yet.

Also, we have a discussion thread for the stage play itself where the plot and experience at the play is being discussed.

Prior Stage Play updates can be found here:
    Original Announcement
    Male Cast & Synopsis
    Digimon Cast
    Female Cast, Ensemble, & Director
    Costume Previews
    Cast in Full Costume
    Cast Comment Videos
    Cast Interview
    Reveal of Etemon, Tentomon, & Palmon
    Agumon, Gabumon, MetalGarurumon, and Taichi & Yamato Clips
    Vamdemon, Products, tri. Part 5 Footage, Piyomon, and Gomamon
    tri. Stage Play Trailer and Gabumon
    Special Events After Showings and Agumon Clip
    Animedia Art, Interview, Agumon Clip
    Stage Play Rehearsal Images
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

..Hahahaha.. no bluray, but still expensive as hell.

Well, I'll be sure to give my contribution when the time comes.

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Junior Commander
    Thrilled that there's gonna be a DVD. I'm not surprised about no Blu-ray (yet!) since not even the contemporary Sailor Moon musicals (2013-today) have been released on Blu-ray. Definitely gonna pre-order when we can.

9204 yen
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!

Add clanc on Facebook
    I wonder how many wallets is this gonna kill.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    9204 yen? So that's like, 6000 to 7000 rupees (or $94 to $109), including shipping and handling fees from Japan. I imagine a conversation with my dad's gonna go down something like this:
    Me: Hey Dad, there's this epic Digimon DVD I wanna pre-order from Japan.
    Dad: Uh sure, how much will it cost?
    Me:
    9, 204 yen
    Dad: Son, are you high?
    (P.S.: Sorry if I went a bit overboard there, Marc)

Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Nothing you said was wrong.
    Although if you're gonna try and get 100 bucks, just make sure this is something from the franchise you really want.

Money is tight for alot of people right now, and there may be an item coming out that would mean more to you.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Nothing you said was wrong.
    Although if you're gonna try and get 100 bucks, just make sure this is something from the franchise you really want.

Money is tight for alot of people right now, and there may be an item coming out that would mean more to you.
    This is pretty much my golden rule about Digimon Merch. Yes, i have money saved up for figures, as an example. But i need to really think which ones I want. Especially when they are nearly 100 as well...

THink about this carefully guuuuuuys~

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    I must admit, my bank account isn't going to go that far. Despite really wanting to watch it. I do think it is too much. Heck my V-Pets were cheaper than that.
    It does make me a sad Vande.

Ain't got no mojo... MidoriHime's Avatar
    Follow MidoriHime On Twitter
    I was at the event and ordered it. Pre-play, not many did. Afterwards, a lot of people did. I think the price is a bit rich (as was the ticket price). I say this after seeing the Sailor Moon musical last year, last years Naruto play and this years Naruto play - all much higher quality at a similar price (unsurprisingly, due to fandom size, well known, popularity etc). However, it was highly enjoyable and I'd love to be able to rewatch it legally whenever I want, and support the cast since they did such an amazing job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast