With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Small V-Pet changes? (merged thread)

15 years ago i may have known that it was a capacitor. Either way. This version 5 has the same circuit layout and capacitor numbers as brown, minus brand name or whatever it is. The crystals are actually numberless on all i have seen so far. Lol. Those crystals with numbers i recalled were in the 20ths. Other original devices have capacitors labelled differently. Maybe not important there. Anyway. It sure would be nice to know if brown and V5 are fake or not. Not a fan there.

So looking closer at capacitors, it looks like they are all mostly similar in numbers. They are probably all the same thing. Couple of them had to be bent upward. Snap i broke one! JK.
    Last edited by BetamonZ; 06-23-2018 at 01:16 PM.

I come from the net
    Current V-Pets:
    "Sapphire": clear-blue Japan V4
    "Magma": clear-red Japan V4
    "Vert": clear-green Japan V5
    "X-Ray": glow-in-the-dark Asia V5
    "Zing": V5 that I repaired recently: I suspect all of its parts might have been swapped (so no idea where the PCB is from)

1. Started them with clocks set to actual time. Checked after hatching, after evolving to Baby 2, and 7 hours from the start. All the clocks stayed within 1 second of actual time.

2. Keep lights on, or turn lights off and on: V4s reset to centre; V5s keep going as they were (frozen while in the menu as you said).

3. I think they all have the normal walking animation.

4. V4s have the seconds display freeze when going to clock screen; V5s either don't have it or it's much shorter.

Gazimon gets 1 injury (checked all three V-Pets) and Devidramon gets 5 (checked Vert and X-Ray so far). nhoko says they're 2 and 1, like for Digimon in the same slots on previous versions.

I haven't got around to taking apart a V1 since my last post. I took apart Sapphire and Zing recently, but before our discussion about crystals, and didn't actually notice whether the crystal had a number on it or not...

I think the big capacitor is the main power capacitor, so its specs won't really change the behaviour, except how long the V-Pet can run for after you eject the batteries.

Have a better feeling that what i have are legit vpets. Moon brown might have been rushed to get them in stores or something. But i have a question now. On english versions, how do we accomplish the energy!!!! "cheat"? I wore out my hand trying it on 2 devices and got nothing. Did this once last year and a long time ago of course. Now nothing happens. Whats the requirements? Currently have Agumon and Betamon. For my next "test", Energy cheat is needed.
    And no, i havnt tried it on moon brown yet, this year at least. Dont remember which one last year.

200+ protein and wait a few minutes. Or by the time spamming protein is finished, !!!! turns on, is what i recall. Agumon, Betamon, Airdramon and Numemon are capable.

After that i'll have to finally fire up v2 4 and 5 again.

Update:
    Hahah. Yeah, unless USA stores were all sent fake digimon back in 1997 then this brown version is the real deal. Pretty sure i remembered some of the features changing back then too . The energy cheat works on it and not the others. I'm gonna go ahead and say theres way too many differences here to pinpoint hidden detailes without reverse engineering.

While battling 2 of the other v1 and attempting energy cheat on one, energy went down slower when fed 200+. So it probably has some extra hidden values there. About to work on the actual planned test.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7q...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NAi...w?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by BetamonZ; 07-17-2018 at 07:55 PM.

I come from the net
    So you gave 200 protein, Moon Brown got the !!!! and the others didn't? As you say, I heard about this back in the olden days. Don't remember whether I've seen it on mine or not.

On points 2 and 4 in my previous post, Moon Brown matches your and my V5s, right? I'd say a V1 having V5 "features" is actually rather suspicious.

I noticed the energy bars dropping differently between V4 and V5, so decided to check those:
    Code:
    20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0  DP remaining
    14 13 12 12 11 10 10  9  8  7  7 6 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 0 0  "Magma" Piyomon bars
    14 14 14 14 13 12 11 10 10  9  8 7 6 5 5 4 3 2 1 0 0  "Vert" Gazimon bars
    The V4 ones make some sort of sense, but the V5 ones are weird...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456