With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Small V-Pet changes? (merged thread)

Welp. Apologies for the hiatus again... But Greymon is alive and well! Turns out the bug was present, and I was lucky enough to have still snagged the best 'mon despite a couple care mistakes.

Although, from the sounds of it, it appears to be a common problem with the brown/red docks specifically, which is even further intriguing. The moonwalker Agumon sounds pretty funny, actually, my own just tends to walk forwards. Gosh, call us the detective squad or something!

Are there any connection-specific bugs we could look at? In anticipation of the pen20th, and I'm currently trying to get my hands on a V2 Digivice, I have a lot of time in said hands for screwing about with digital pets, so I should be able to look at stuff. Very... Slowly... JFC I'm glad the pendulum evolves faster...
    Yo.
    'Sup?

Uh... Digimon, I guess?

I come from the net
    The "cancelled training counts for evolution" bug is on all V1s as far as I know (including the English ones). So I'm looking for differences in your V-Pet, but it's normal this time!

(For connection research, there's not much you can do without something like the communication device I built.)

BetamonZ: At some point, could you also try for Greymon with only cancelled training on the strange brown V-Pet?

So far all Betamon sleep at 8pm and wake at 9am. Cancelled training works on all ver.1 that i have used.

To answer a question before adding to the brown difference list, time stops on blue/yellow while egg is hatching. One time there was an 8 second difference.

Otherwise, moon brown version has a slower clock without interuptions. It will fall behind a second every 2 hours or so. Next time i will compare and set times to a real clock.

Question: do all original v-pet versions have a small letter on the back?
    Last edited by BetamonZ; 06-07-2018 at 03:28 PM.

I come from the net
    Thanks for confirming!

All my English V1s have letters, but not the Japanese ones. My Japanese V5 has a letter though. It must be something to do with case revisions.

From the 3rd Adult I got Andromon, 2 Megadramon, MetalTyranomon and a failed Devidramon. I can't assume these V-Pets are all the same, so going round again.

Cool. Japanese versions are looking legit then, except for Jv5. The Jv2 and Jv4 i bought have same circuit board layout as my other normal English versions. Surprisingly, the first one acquired, clear green Jv5, has same circuit board layout as moon walk brown. And so far, on baby Jv5, turning lights out while awake doesn't reset it to center default either, like moon.

Updating moon brown list:
    1.update.
    Actually time skips forward on brown during egg hatch and while evolving to koromon. By about 8-12seconds total. Aside from time skipping, normal clock speed is slower about a second lost every 2 hours.

2.update.
    While digimon is awake, go into light switch and press b to keep them on. Brown will freeze digi in position while in menu, and others reset digi to center. Turn lights out/wait/back on and brown will have been roaming as if lights were on(same as Jv5).

3.same.
    Brown agumon has a different walk animation sequence on right side of screen. Agumon is looking left while doing a moonwalk to the right before roaring. Blue/Y Agumon face the direction they move in. Other brown digimon have a different animation in the same spot but its not as blatant.

4.update.
    Scrolling to view clock is slower on brown and almost same speed as B/Y when returning. While scrolling, moon and Jv5 time graphics won't freeze for a second or 2 like it does on the other circuit board style.

5.update.
    Brown call light situation is different for strength or something after a freshly hatched egg while waiting several minutes. Hit and miss.

6.new.
    Browns call light is on while Blue call light is out after a reset to hunger hearts. Same digimon same age. Browns hunger speed may be faster sometimes. Its been hit and miss.

7.new.
    Browns battle energy recoveres faster sometimes.

8.new.
    While battling, the digimon take a hit and flash the skull screen. On brown the incoming attack is slower, then skull flashes so fast to catch back up, skull can hardly be seen.

9?
    Sounds like theres enough differences and bugs to think about it being a fake circuit board. Though i can faintly remember differences like this before. Its just been too long.

The new V1 battle for fun has resulted in moon doing well, about 50/50. At least untill hitting around 80-75% energy left, just guessing there, then moon lost like 17 out of 20. Of course, immidiately after wanting moon to win for evolution, this happens. Maybe battling moon against 3 other devices did this kind of like before. Lol. About to run out of testing time before 20th pens hit.

Oh yes,. will post later... i forgot that i have a vid of the Jv4 i bought. The graphics are glitchy in different screens, like clock and health profile. Might post it here to get opinion on how close the device is to death or if anyone has had a similar problem. Already took screen out and centered one of the strips. Both 2 strips were stuck on pretty good and probably never messed with.
    Last edited by BetamonZ; 06-20-2018 at 07:48 AM.

I come from the net
    I'll check each of mine next time I get to them!

1.update.
    Actually time skips forward on brown during egg hatch and while evolving to koromon. By about 8-12seconds total. Aside from time skipping, normal clock speed is slower about a second lost every 2 hours.
    Do the others keep correct time?

6.new.
    Browns call light is on while Blue call light is out after a reset to hunger hearts. Same digimon same age.
    I don't understand this part.

7.new.
    Browns battle energy recoveres faster sometimes.
    Do you mean when you give protein or when it's asleep?

The others i checked keep time alot closer than brown.

After reseting hunger hearts from completely empty to full at the same time. After hearts empty, for sure the second call has different timings.(sometimes) or maybe the initial call is different too. Didnt really keep a close eye on them while doing other things.

And energy recovery without protein. They havnt spent much time awake. Sometimes for a while. 30 mins or so.

During the hunger runs they were awake of course. And usually only ran 2 at once like with the energy recovery. Same amount of battles. Same sleep time. The energy bar loses its first or second bar differently on brown too. But i think they can battle same amount. Theres so many little things.

Just doing things randomly in sync as much as possible and checking them randomly kind of like how i would normally raise them.

Blade, if you lived in the states, i would be willing to send you my brown version for testing in a heartbeat. Not sure if i want to risk it overseas. Even though i do have easy money for shipping.
    Last edited by BetamonZ; 06-20-2018 at 08:31 AM.

I come from the net
    Heart loss time actually seems a bit random. I might look into it sometime. When I had 4 going and was waiting for them to drop strength for the power level tests, one of them would be the first to drop to 3 str, then a different one first to drop to 2 str.

Sounds like your brown is probably fake, unfortunately.

I noticed on my V5s, all the animations seem to go a little slower, and the sound might be a little lower pitched to match. So, could be a slightly lower CPU clock speed (which is a separate thing from the real-time clock).

... Your brown one skipping time when evolving, and falling behind otherwise, makes me think it might have left out the real-time clock and tried to simulate real-time with the CPU clock instead. If you opened it up, we could see if it has a crystal or not.
    Looking for a shiny silver component with 2 pins, and what's written on it.
    I have a couple of English V1s next on my cleaning list, so I'll check what they have.
    Last edited by BladeSabre; 06-20-2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: .

Images of moon circuit board. No clue what the u type symbol is. Think i remember small silver crystals to have a number on other boards. And i dont know how to post links properly(last time it wasnt proper). Will check Japan V5 later

47uF10v .
    -40+85C
    (-1+-20% or (-)+-20%

?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m18...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wyv...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-H...w?usp=drivesdk

Update better image: 3 letters above or below the other stuff is YEC
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aPN...w?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by BetamonZ; 06-21-2018 at 03:43 AM.

I come from the net
    Thanks for the photos! That's a capacitor though (47 micro farads with a safety limit of 10 volts). The crystal is probably the silver one near the speaker wires. Seems my guess was wrong anyway.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast