With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Small V-Pet changes? (merged thread)

Okay so first, apologies on the looooong hiatus...

Second, yeah, I'm 100% sure that I only ever get Betamon that sleep at 9pm-9am. I don't know where the difference comes from in that, but it's definitely at least there. I guess it's a bug or something, maybe? I mean I can't complain, I get to spend more time with my boi, but it's still a little weird.

And third, I can also confirm that Digimon do un-freeze the clock when they evolve. I just had a near heart attack due to my dock deciding to wake up and start beeping at me. It is midnight. I do not need that fear, Meramon. Go to f*cking sleep.
    Last edited by V-tamer-02; 05-05-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Grammar check

I come from the net
    If your evolution requirements are bugged too, that's more of a problem...

Maybe we should meet up and compare V-Pets (I'm not quite serious, probably)

Most types of V-Pet can evolve in their sleep, into a Digimon that goes to bed later, causing a lights care mistake when the new Digimon goes to bed. That's a major advantage of the V20th not evolving in its sleep.

Well... I really couldn't tell you. I might have done something wrong, I was just keeping some tally marks in a notepad, I'm not sure how accurate it was. But, for what I got, the evidence just pinned out that my dock is slightly out of whack. I managed to get a Tyrannomon eventually though. I'll try to get one of the (hella complicated) dragons on the device next, so surely I can't screw up requirements that are THAT specific. I'm not sure if it's bugged, it seems to work fine other than some incoherent values.

Unfortunately I can't test for perfect level evolutions for a few months yet, as my only other device is a three-prong xros mini, and the Pen20th is yet to ship out, but I look forward to pitting ver.1 Greymon against Virus Busters Greymon to try and achieve some perfects. (In saying this, the first time I ever booted up the ver.1 back in November I managed to stuff it up and get Monzaemon for half an hour, but I didn't really investigate him. Might try it again sometime.)

I come from the net
    Could you test the cancelled training at some point, say Agumon with 60 cancelled training? Select training icon, press B to start training, then press C to come out of it.

Possibly. Once I kill the Greymon I accidentally raised... or let it die a natural death, because I'm a soppy bastard and can't bring myself to intentionally kill anything that's not a Numemon.

I come from the net
    Cool; and to clarify, I mean doing only that for training, and otherwise giving Agumon protein to keep its strength up. (And less than 4 care mistakes.)

Right. Greymon bit the dust earlier, so I'll get on it. 60 times, yeesh... I guess it covers everything. we shall see what happens. Generally if it ends up with the worse evolution I'll end up getting a new monster faster as I really do hate Numemon, of all the Digimon there are I cannot stand that little green bugger and will intentionally kill it, so either way the experiment will have a benefit.

What are the outcomes on your own devices? Have you tried this experiment? I know that cancelling training on my own dock doesn't count towards strength or weight loss if that helps.

I come from the net
    On all of my V1s, the cancelled training counts for evolution, but not strength or weight loss. If you keep the care mistakes low, it's going to be Greymon or Devimon. 60 times won't take long since you're cancelling out right away (only a minute or two).

Alright, I'm on it. Or, well, I would be if the DM ver.1 didn't take bloody ages to evolve... will report back with results. That's kinda odd that cancelled training would do that... but eh, the entire concept is odd, really. A tiny dinosaur in your pocket that you're responsible for manipulating into the best dinosaur it can be. Weird concept. But hey, it's kept nerds on their toes for 20 years now and we're still analysing and discussing the thing, that can't be bad, right?

In contrast, one may also assume that we're all bloody weird and are over-analysing a digital pet toy... a penny for your thoughts?

I come from the net
    I'm sure the cancelled training counting for evolution is a bug (these things happen). In V2-V5 and Pendulum, only successful training counts for evolution. In the 20th V-Pet, failed training counts, but not cancelled.

Right, I'm sure I've spent way too much time over the years analysing something that's really not important at all. But it's fun I guess

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast