With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: tri. Part 5 ED- AiM and Miyazaki Duet, Aikotoba. Pre-Orders are Up!

tri. Part 5 ED- AiM and Miyazaki Duet, Aikotoba. Pre-Orders are Up!

Information is a bit slim at the moment, but we have solid info on the ED for Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5.

It's a new song that is a duet featuring Ayumi Miyazaki and AiM!

AiM is certainly no stranger to singing Digimon ending themes, but I believe this is the first for Miyazaki.

Fans will be pleased that both of them are singing in the newest tri. ED, but we also have some further info...

The title of the song is Aikotoba. This would be translated as Password or potentially Watch Word (a word that expresses a core goal or belief.)

In addition, some well known names to Digimon fans will be returning to help with the new song... Michihiko Oota and Hiroshi Yamada did the composition and lyrics (respectively.)

Oota and Yamada worked on various well known Digimon songs beginning with Adventure.

Aikotoba will come out on September 27th and four versions have been announced and are currently available to pre-order (all are affiliate links.)

Aikotoba, Type A 1,556 yen
    Contains a DVD with the music video for Aikotoba

Aikotoba, Type B 1,204 yen
    Anything unique to this version doesn't appear to be clarified yet.

Aikotoba, Type C 1,204 yen
    Contains a currently untitled song by Ayumi Miyazaki

Aikotoba, Type D
    1,204 yen
    Contains a currently untitled song by AiM

Update- Fixed the song title. Earlier reports, including on hand reports, had the title as a similiar sounding word.

Update- Added pre-order details and clarified the involvement of Michihiko Oota and Hiroshi Yamada.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

A new duet was something I was not expecting. But excited none of the less. I bet it'll sound great. and i guess it translates to "words of love." ? Which I guess is directed at the humnan and digimon partnership. Sounds like it'll be a nice song.

I was hoping for either dvd covers or new PV as well. But I guess that's saved for later? 2 months to go!

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    We're also waiting on full confirmation of who did the lyrics and composition, but based on people who went to DigiFes where the song was announced (and performed for the first time publicly) it appears that Michihiko Oota and Hiroshi Yamada did the composition and lyrics (respectively.)
    This is a big deal, if true.

Michihiko Ōta was arguably the biggest acting force for golden-age Digimon songs. With Adventure, Adventure 02, Tamers, Frontier, and Savers, I'd say (off the top of my head) he was responsible for the composition and arrangement for about half (if not a little more) of all theme songs / characters songs / Digimon Christmas album songs / anything. The other half were composed by various other, less-utilized artists (Cher Watanabe was probably the second-most-active contributor). Basically, if there's a song you love from Digimon, it's very likely Ōta was responsible. That's not even mentioning the songs he's performed for the franchise ("SLASH!!", most famously). He hasn't been with the franchise much in recent years. I was very surprised when he wasn't asked to contribute to the Digimon 10th Anniversary album, and his most recent original song for the series was way back in 2009 ("A Door To The Future ~Ever Since That Summer Day~"). He wasn't involved in Xros Wars, Appmon, or even tri. (beyond composition credit for his past songs that have been re-recorded as "tri. versions"), so it's a pleasure to see him back with the franchise.

Likewise, Hiroshi Yamada was probably the most-utilized lyricist for classic Digimon songs, but he hasn't been with the franchise since Savers. The DiGiMONMUSiC team has been favoring new artists for most of this past decade, so if this veteran songwriting team really has returned, it's fantastic news!

I wonder what they'll do for the sixth and final ending theme, though. A big duet between Miyazaki and AiM seems like something they'd break out for the final installment.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    We're also waiting on full confirmation of who did the lyrics and composition, but based on people who went to DigiFes where the song was announced (and performed for the first time publicly) it appears that Michihiko Oota and Hiroshi Yamada did the composition and lyrics (respectively.)
    This is a big deal, if true.

Michihiko Ōta was arguably the biggest acting force for golden-age Digimon songs. With Adventure, Adventure 02, Tamers, Frontier, and Savers, I'd say (off the top of my head) he was responsible for the composition and arrangement for about half (if not a little more) of all theme songs / characters songs / Digimon Christmas album songs / anything. The other half were composed by various other, less-utilized artists (Cher Watanabe was probably the second-most-active contributor). Basically, if there's a song you love from Digimon, it's very likely Ōta was responsible. That's not even mentioning the songs he's performed for the franchise ("SLASH!!", most famously). He hasn't been with the franchise much in recent years. I was very surprised when he wasn't asked to contribute to the Digimon 10th Anniversary album, and his most recent original song for the series was way back in 2009 ("A Door To The Future ~Ever Since That Summer Day~"). He wasn't involved in Xros Wars, Appmon, or even tri. (beyond composition credit for his past songs that have been re-recorded as "tri. versions"), so it's a pleasure to see him back with the franchise.

Likewise, Hiroshi Yamada was probably the most-utilized lyricist for classic Digimon songs, but he hasn't been with the franchise since Savers. The DiGiMONMUSiC team has been favoring new artists for most of this past decade, so if this veteran songwriting team really has returned, it's fantastic news!

I wonder what they'll do for the sixth and final ending theme, though. A big duet between Miyazaki and AiM seems like something they'd break out for the final installment.
    I hope that the ending theme for movie 6 is Re-Fly... IMO that would fit and it would be like a goodbye to Koji Wada
    Last edited by C-MC; 07-30-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Changes the song title to Aikotoba based on a few different media reports.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Updated with pre-order details in the news post.