With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box in 2018 w/ New Audio Drama, Pre-Orders Up

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    So... Tamers tri. inbound, then?
    Right after 02 quad. I'm sure.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Junior Commander
    since it's by the original producer Chiaki Konaka, I doubt it will be anything 02 or Tri

Follow Wolfshark On Twitter Follow Wolfshark on DeviantArt
    For a moment there I nearly jumped and threw my money at the screen... then I saw the price and promptly recoiled as I shed a single tear. Welp this sucks. I assume these come with English subtitles (Spanish would fine too) but even then wow almost 500 bucks for a single 52 episode series esh I'm just a casual watcher who likes my shows not a collector. Generally the most I would pay for a series that I REALLY want would be around 50 bucks. Had this been a blu ray version of seasons 1-4 (or 1-5) Maybe then I would have sucked up the price tag on this.

Guess I will just stick to my Saban 1-4 boxed set then. It's better than not having any digimon and I've hooked my younger siblings onto it so yeah.

On a joke note: I bet this does not come with both of the movies does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshark View Post
    It does not come with the Tamers movies, and it is not subtitled.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshark View Post
    The movies have their own dedicated release if you're really interested. They're way cheaper: about $40 for both Tamers films together on blu-ray.

This is just how Japan's home video market works. A thirteen-episode boxset will set you back about $150 bucks, while complete series sets such as this will get closer to about half-a-grand (or more). You typically get very few (if any) bonus features, they'll annoyingly advertise that the sets have things like disc artwork (!), and it's rare for them to even have Japanese subtitles (if you're deaf or hard of hearing, too bad), let alone English subtitles. Don't expect prices to drop too much even after the first-print-with-drama-CD editions have all sold out. It's infuriating from a western perspective (where we're used to getting complete blu-ray sets like this for $50-$75), and I would like to imagine that it's annoying to Japanese fans, too (but the business model hasn't changed, which means it must be working for them). As the old saying goes, "you get used to it".

Anyway, Tamers on blu-ray! I've got the Adventure, Adventure 02, tri., and movie blu-rays so once again I'll be coughing up my money for this one. I'll hate myself for it every step of the way, but I'm fortunate to be in a place right now where I can afford it (and that's not always a guarantee as the years go on). I'll put my pre-order in as soon as they go up; I want that drama CD. Very excited to see Chiaki J. Konaka returning as writer. I'm hoping the whole voice cast makes a return as well.

#FrontierOnBlu-Ray2019
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

This is what I've been waiting for all year, and it's leaving me more excited than Tri/Adventure ever has, so it's nice to have a Digimon product to feel truly hyped about finally.

The price tag was to be expected but it still makes me cringe...it's just not feasible for a good chunk of fans, including myself. If WtW plans on trying to do a breakdown of it, I will definitely set aside money to donate towards that end...

And of course the Drama CD news is fantastic. I look forward to all the crazy theories about its content, lol.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Follow PonyoBellanote On Twitter
    This is great news. I wasn't definitely expecting this, considering the minor hiatus they had this year (it seemed like they were gonna release a season every year.) and the fact that these BD boxes are seriously expensive (even for Japan standards).. they can't be releasing this for sales. It's gotta be commitment to releasing every season if possible, or at least to celebrate anniversary.

Nevertheless, Tamers is my favourite season, and the one I hold a close bond to, so this is very exciting news. At least, just for the sake that is released. The PQ will be, as expected, a Q-Tec smear.. although it'll be much better than first and second seasons because of the digital production. I mean, this season already looked good in DVD. I think a plain upscale would've worked but obviously Q-TEC is gonna add these kind of.. edge filters or something? Or maybe not, the Youtube video doesn't look too bad. Here's hoping. Nonetheless, I'm just excited because it exists. Glad Tamers is gonna get a bit of love. And that although I'll never have it, some sweet box is gonna come out of this.

Also, hey, I'm back. This was worth commenting something! I'm kinda excited a bit. Even if there's still a long way til it releases.

Finally!
    Now that is the first Digimon BD box I'll buy once I can afford to randomly spend that kind of money (which might still take a while). Well, that was expected.
    But seriously, the CD drama is only part of the first press edition again... that kind of makes me mad.
    There's a special kind of shamelessness involved with not only demanding that kind of ludicrous amount of money, but you also better fork over all that money right now or you get less content.
    That's the kind of stuff that from a consumer standpoint helps absolutely no one, makes things fade into obscurity and a decade later fans will be confused about it ... that annoys me more than the price-tag in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GrungeCat View Post
    The price tag was to be expected but it still makes me cringe...it's just not feasible for a good chunk of fans, including myself. If WtW plans on trying to do a breakdown of it, I will definitely set aside money to donate towards that end...
    We do plan on trying to do a breakdown if we are able to.

Donations are being accepted as always.

Our previous breakdowns of the Adventure and Zero-Two boxes, although now that we have the gallery certain bits are far more detailed in current breakdowns... so they aren't exactly identical to how we will do the Tamers box if we are able to get it.

Nevertheless, Tamers is my favourite season, and the one I hold a close bond to, so this is very exciting news. At least, just for the sake that is released. The PQ will be, as expected, a Q-Tec smear.. although it'll be much better than first and second seasons because of the digital production. I mean, this season already looked good in DVD. I think a plain upscale would've worked but obviously Q-TEC is gonna add these kind of.. edge filters or something?
    If we assume the production chain is the same (which at this point is a bit early to guess at due to various reasons, including but not limited to: the extended break and Toei/Happinet adding more internal teams to do stuff) I would expect Tamers to look roughly identical to the last few 02 episodes on Blu-ray.

The production chains for the animation in Adventure, 02, and Tamers was largely the same, to the best of our knowledge, minus how they output it at the final step (due to hardware, software, and process changes.) And that change was made partway thru 02, not at the beginning of Tamers.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I find it interesting that the opted to not market this as a "15th Anniversary" Blu-ray Box, as they had with the previous two BD boxes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast