With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box in 2018 w/ New Audio Drama, Pre-Orders Up

Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box in 2018 w/ New Audio Drama, Pre-Orders Up

Tamers fans have waited for this one so long they weren't sure it would ever come...

Digimon Tamers on Blu-ray!

Preliminary information is from a flier given out at DigiFes 2017. An official site and the trailer above was put up shortly afterwards.

It will be released on April 3rd, 2018 for 53,800 yen. Coming out a year after everyone expected it!

Some details of the release...

All 51 episodes will be digitally remastered (upscaled) to 1080i with PCM Stereo audio.

Box art with new art
    It'll come in two digipaks with new art (same as the Adventure and 02 boxes)
    It will come with a booklet filled with Tamers information re-edited from the 2007 DVD Box booklets: Memories of Our Digimon Tamers and Digimon Tamers- Card Evolution.
    Nice labeling on the art (featuring the new cover art no doubt.)
    Clean OP and ED

There will also be a First Press Edition which contains...
    A new Audio Drama CD written by Chiaka Konaka with Hiromi Seki returning as producer. Probably the bit that many fans will be most excited about.

There will also be an Amazon Edition that comes with an F4 size (8.27 x 12.99 inches) fine board.

Pre-orders are up! CDJapan is an affiliate link that helps the site.

Digimon Tamers BD-Box
    Digimon Tamers BD-Box Amazon Edition

Thanks to Twin Kilt for the image and shin for translations.

Update- Added the trailer to the top and some other bits.

Original flier image
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

Update- Pre-orders are up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Is 53 thousand yen a typo? That's almost 500 USD
    キーモン:ブラストモード

Quote Originally Posted by Kiimon: Blast Mode View Post
    Is 53 thousand yen a typo? That's almost 500 USD

That's in line with the Adventure and 02 boxes. Minus the special edition version of the 02 box, which was higher.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I joked on Twitter about Frontier Blu-rays. This is better. I guess we will Spirit Evolve in a year or two.

I assume the box art/CD art will be in line with the Adventure sets, but that decade-old promo poster still holds up. It's really nice.

Ain't got no mojo... TheCyberSleuth's Avatar
    Follow TheCyberSleuth On Twitter Visit TheCyberSleuth's Youtube Channel
    53,000? That's like, 16 bucks, right?
    Should we!? Should we not!? We totally should!!!

Quote Originally Posted by B-mon View Post
    I joked on Twitter about Frontier Blu-rays. This is better. I guess we will Spirit Evolve in a year or two.

I assume the box art/CD art will be in line with the Adventure sets, but that decade-old promo poster still holds up. It's really nice.
    They could always do it differently, but the overall setup of what they've described so far sounds pretty close to the prior two Blu-ray boxes... so yeah, I'm expecting 'running' same as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyberSleuth View Post
    53,000? That's like, 16 bucks, right?
    Close.

Yeah, the new drama CD is literally the only thing that interests me. I wonder how long before that'll be available separately, if ever?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Updated various bits above.

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    Oh man. Finally. And of course at a point in time, where I cannot afford it. WANNA HAVE IT!

So... Tamers tri. inbound, then?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast