With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General DigiFes 2017 Thread

General DigiFes 2017 Thread

Like last year, there is no planned DigiFes stream, so we will be posting news as we find it out.

Any items that need their own thread will get them, but this will have various bits as necessary, with the threads linked to.

Digimon Adventure GEM Sibling Figures- Taichi/Hikari and Yamato/Takeru

Lifesize Tailmon Plush

Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box in 2018 with New Audio Drama

tri. Part 5 Ending Theme, Aikotoba, by Miyazaki and AiM, September Release, Up for Pre-Order

tri. Music Cafe Returns

tri. Stage Play Trailer

Hacker's Memory Information will be announced at launch of new official Digimon Game site.

20th Anniversary Wave 2 V-Pet Coupon from Premium Bandai Official Intermediary

New tri. Part 5 Trailer, Blu-ray/DVD Cover and Info, Pre-Order Details

Some of the threads are for things announced 'around' DigiFes also that might get lost in the shuffle.

When things are calm I will try and post random images from people on Twitter and elsewhere of DigiFes. Also, products and items that don't necessarily need their own thread.

First up.... some Digivolving Spirits images.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Everything we've seen thus far is on an updated version of the display they've taken to various events, and we get another good look at MetalGarurumon who goes up for pre-order soon.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then we get images of the prototypes again! Diablomon and Alphamon appear to have been updated since the last time we saw them, and Diablomon has his clock!

Angewomon appears to be the same prototype from a few weeks ago, but it's hard to tell as those images weren't the clearest. This new shot of her really looks impressive though.

And look who is at DigiFes!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Agumon and Gabumon!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Just holding an extra post to put more stuff in potentially.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Was there a new trailer released last year for Kokuhaku?

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    Anyone else thinks we'll have a trailer or announcement for what will air after Appli Monsters episode 52? I'm pretty sure the Digimon anime will not stop this time, and whatever will air in October will be announced in the DigiFes.

My bet is an Appmon season 2. As much as I'm curious to see what is the next series gimmick that will make Genwunners go like "What the heck is this? That's not Digimon, it looks like Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh were trying to rip off each other at the same time and decided to do a crossover", it's actually safer for the franchise right now to do a season 2, specially since the staff put so much effort to find what made Adventure popular in the first place and apply it in a meaningful way to a new series. The products have been selling well, and starting from scratch is too risky specially after previous attempts to revive the franchise failed. Also, Toei wants Digimon to sell in the West, where yearly reboots are not a thing and were part of what initially decreased the anime's popularity.

It also goes in line with Bandai making a new Cyber Sleuth game instead of an all-new Story game, which might point to the franchise playing safe for now.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Just occurred to me, but Alphamon doesn't have any weapons... I'm hoping they are able to include something somewhere. I know it probably defeats the whole "seamless transformation" aspect if you include something that can't be kibbled, but still, it seems a waste. Diaboromon having a clock is a great touch, even if it might just be decoration for the festival =P.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    To be honest, it is such a shame that they didn't do a thing (apart from a bizarre livestream that was more like a commercial showcase) to commemorate the true Anniversary of Digimon, which is on the 26th of June, but they organize such a fuss now. That's why most casual fans think that the 1st of August is "when Digimon was born", and as a Digimon fan, that makes me very sad...

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Anyone else thinks we'll have a trailer or announcement for what will air after Appli Monsters episode 52? I'm pretty sure the Digimon anime will not stop this time, and whatever will air in October will be announced in the DigiFes.

My bet is an Appmon season 2. As much as I'm curious to see what is the next series gimmick that will make Genwunners go like "What the heck is this? That's not Digimon, it looks like Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh were trying to rip off each other at the same time and decided to do a crossover", it's actually safer for the franchise right now to do a season 2, specially since the staff put so much effort to find what made Adventure popular in the first place and apply it in a meaningful way to a new series. The products have been selling well, and starting from scratch is too risky specially after previous attempts to revive the franchise failed. Also, Toei wants Digimon to sell in the West, where yearly reboots are not a thing and were part of what initially decreased the anime's popularity.

It also goes in line with Bandai making a new Cyber Sleuth game instead of an all-new Story game, which might point to the franchise playing safe for now.
    I can totally see your point, and I kind of agree with you G-SANtos. However, I don't really think doing a second season for Appmon would be a clever move, especially since the impact of this season is not that strong in the West, unfortunately enough. In my opinion, it would be more interesting to make an adaptation to the anime of something related to Re:Digitize Decode, Cyber Sleuth, Next Order and Hacker's Memory. That would be very interesting to see, and what is more, they already have a niche for a series like that both in Japan and overseas.
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 07-30-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Digimon's "true" birthday is June 26th, Shadow Shinji.

And, despite the lavish stage production, it's not like DigiFes isn't a huge commercial showcase to begin with.

Is there any info about the 2nd pv of the 5th movie? There is an info said that the 2nd pv was released during the show, and nobody have talked about it yet although the show has ended...

I come from the net
    This is interesting. Those figures look nice. Maybe we've figured out to make these look really good and just a tiny bit kibble-ly if any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    However, I don't really think doing a second season for Appmon would be a clever move, especially since the impact of this season is not that strong in the West, unfortunately enough.
    I have to be honest... this comment really doesn't make sense.

They haven't 'done' anything with it in the west. It has the exact impact thus far that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by B-mon View Post
    And, despite the lavish stage production, it's not like DigiFes isn't a huge commercial showcase to begin with.
    Honestly, at least from memory... last years wasn't really 'showcasey' like the first two years were, it was more a stage concert event (which is likely why they decided to not stream it and simply sell it after the fact.) The showcase was moved from the event 'itself' to having things in the lobby. I expect this years is roughly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by shiramomo View Post
    Is there any info about the 2nd pv of the 5th movie? There is an info said that the 2nd pv was released during the show, and nobody have talked about it yet although the show has ended...
    When PVs are shown at events they aren't always put up instantly. I expect something will show up within a day or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast