With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GraceNovamon and the Digital World "Iliad"

GraceNovamon and the Digital World "Iliad"

Iliad is the name of a Digital World that is not commanded by Yggdrasil. This World is apparently ruled by the 12 Gods of Olympus, and in place of Yggdrasil there is an entity called "Homeros".

Homero was an epic poet of Ancient Greece, to which traditionally is attributed the authorship of the epic poems Ilíad and Odissei.
    The ancient Greeks generally believed that Homero was a historical individual, but modern scholars are skeptical: no reliable biographical information was conveyed from classical antiquity, and the poems themselves manifestly represent the culmination of many centuries of history told orally and a well-developed Often used system of poetic composition. According to Martin West, "Homero" is not "the name of a historical poet, but a fictitious or constructed name". For the historian and philosopher Richard Tarnas, Homero - regardless of controversy over his historical existence - was "a collective embodiment of all ancient Greek memory."

The Iliad is one of the two main epic poems of Ancient Greece, attributed to the poet Homero, which tells the events that occurred in the period of 50 days during the tenth and final year of the Trojan War, a conflict undertaken for the conquest of Ilion or Troy , Whose genesis lies in the wrath of Achilles.

GraceNovamon is a mythical, Galaxy Digimon said to be born from the fusion of Apollomon and Dianamon, members of the Olympos XII, when an unprecedented crisis loomed over the Digital World: Iliad in the past. By colliding the opposing energies of the sun and the moon together, it formed Big Bang-class energy within its body. Because of this, it has been predicted that GraceNovamon itself has become a standalone galaxy, and it is said that it is impossible to measure its total data size accurately. Its Special Moves are focusing the amplified energy within its body into the palms of its hands, and melting the enemy by touching them (Eclipse Finger), and firing the eight "Meleagros" blades mounted on its back to pursue the enemy until they are destroyed (Calydon Arcus).

Calydon can be translated as Calidon, a Greek city situated in the region of the Etol.
    Arcus has many meanings, but one of them is that of an arc-shaped soil formation found on the Saturn Moon "Titan."
    Meléagro in Greek mythology, was brother of Dejanira, both children of Eneu, the king of Cálidon.

Junior Commander
    The Calidon Boar was a monster hunted by many Greek Heroes.
    Atalanta was the first to harm him, but it was felled by Meleager(Meléagro)'s lance, who then gifted her the skin.
    They might or might not have conceived a child, Parthenopeos. As usual, it depends on the writer.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    No copies of Jesmon's body shape design even Not a trace of "Omegamon" traits.
    It literally looks like Chaosmon with Jesmon's feet.

This is amazing but I cannot figure out something about the "claws" on that shoulders.
    Gotta make sure it looks like × 7, another Omegamon clone.

Junior Commander
    Still thinking it looks more like Linebarrel

I come from the net
    Linebarrel.... I will search this right now. Thanks.

Minor nitpick, but you're missing Junomon on that chart. Plutomon isn't a part of the main Olympus Twelve, he's an outside Digimon with a connection to them a la Titamon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    No copies of Jesmon's body shape design even Not a trace of "Omegamon" traits.
    It literally looks like Chaosmon with Jesmon's feet.

This is amazing but I cannot figure out something about the "claws" on that shoulders.
    Gotta make sure it looks like × 7, another Omegamon clone.
    Eh, lets give GraceNovamon some credit here: It isn't the clusterfuck that is Shoutmon X7.

I do agree the claws on the shoulders are pointless though.
    Last edited by Bartz; 07-29-2017 at 03:24 PM.

I come from the net
    Eh maybe one day they will give some info on that claw gauntlets on those shoulders. ..

Homer's Greek name is always anglicized as Homer or Homeros, never 'homero.' If you want to be ultra-pedantic, it's spelled omicron-mu-eta-rho-omicron-sigma.

While there is ton of scholarly drivel about whether or not various historical figures actually existed (protip: these people's careers depend on the process of research, and there hasn't been any more evidence to argue about for quite some time) you can almost always safely ignore it in favor of the notion that yes, they did exist and probably had something to do with what they are accounted to have done. While no one, I think would claim that a historical Homer invented the stories out of whole cloth, and did rely on a pre-existing oral tradition, the base assumption that he did produce them in more-or-less their recorded form is almost certainly correct. If time machines are ever invented, you can pretty well bet that "Homer wasn't even real, man" will be laid to rest the same way the idea "Troy was totally just mythical and the whole thing made up, man" was.

I do agree the claws on the shoulders are pointless though.
    To be fair so are all the Brave Shields on the Omegamon's shoulders.

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    It's way more symmetrical than any of the other combinations it's thematically similar to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast