With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Multi-quotes' persistence behavior?

Multi-quotes' persistence behavior?

When you select a quote to be included into multi-quotes, shouldn't it get deselected after you have submitted the reply where you have used them? Logically speaking, that's how I'd expect it to work - you're unlikely, on average, to re-use that same quote in another reply.

Right now, when you include a quote into multi-quote, it remains there even after you have submitted the reply where you included it, until you manually deselect those quotes from being multi-quoted. So if I click "reply with quote," which only applies to the immediate reply, the old quotes from multi-quote will still show up in the input box. Not that it's a major issue, although having to manually delete those old quotes every time you try to quote a new one does gets old.
    Currently Raising:
    Pen Prog 3.0 - Omegamon (paused for whenever I feel like messing with him again...)
    20th Anniversary Vpet - BlitzGreymon and Mugendramon (battery-tabbed because I'm too busy irl right now)

You haven't provided any of your technical information (OS, browser, etc.)

It seems like it clears out just fine for me, so that info is needed to potentially see what's going on.

Update- I'm away from home so I can only do basic tests at the moment, but it's clearing out for me on my phone. Send technical info and I'll look into it further when I'm back
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    You haven't provided any of your technical information (OS, browser, etc.)

It seems like it clears out just fine for me, so that info is needed to potentially see what's going on.

Update- I'm away from home so I can only do basic tests at the moment, but it's clearing out for me on my phone. Send technical info and I'll look into it further when I'm back
    One way to reproduce it is to:
    1. Use multi-quote in your reply in a thread, then submit it.
    2. Within that same thread, click "reply with quote" and you should see the old multi-quote you've just submitted earlier shows up in the quick reply box, along with the new quote that you actually want to use getting pushed to the bottom inside that reply box.

I have manually fixed it on my end by jumping directly to each reply and manually de-select them using the included quote ID.

Some pertinent technical info (maybe?):
    Code:
    Linux chrx 4.8.17-galliumos #1 SMP PREEMPT galliumos4 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Last edited by Duplicated; 07-29-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    Currently Raising:
    Pen Prog 3.0 - Omegamon (paused for whenever I feel like messing with him again...)
    20th Anniversary Vpet - BlitzGreymon and Mugendramon (battery-tabbed because I'm too busy irl right now)