With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to Buy Digimon Electronics

I come from the net

Where to Buy Digimon Electronics

This is just what it looks like--a list of places online that sell Digimon v-pets and/or Digivices. If anyone finds anywhere else, post and I'll add it to the list. Hopefully, this'll help some people.

Updated 10/14/10

Disclaimer: With the Will is in no way affiliated with or endorsing these stores. (Neither am I.) This is just a listing of places online where you're likely to find Digimon electronics. Use any of these stores at your own risk, etc, etc. I'm also adding a bit of my personal experience with each store; your mileage may vary. Check the topic itself for other people's comments.

ToysNJoys
    Good Selection, horrible customer service. They're likely to send the wrong style/color of whatever you're trying to order. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. But if you're just that desperate, I've found that sometimes it helps if you re-type the order in the "Special Instructions" field in the order form. They're also somewhat overpriced. Ships from the US (Hawaii).

Japan-Toys
    They have some of the more recent toys, including the Xros Loader, but they have a $50 USD minimum order fee. (Personally, I'd also use the more expensive EMS shipping instead of the standard shipping option--the one time I used standard, the package didn't show up for nearly three months. I'm still not sure if it was Japan-Toys's or DHL's fault. Others have used Standard all right before, so that might have been an isolated incident of bad shipping.) Ships from Japan.

Rinkya
    Celga
    Shopping Mall Japan
    Akibado
    All of the above are Yahoo Japan proxy bidding services, though some also feature proxy buying services for any Japanese online stores. (Check the individual sites for details.) You can't just bid on YJ auctions because the sellers usually won't ship out of Japan, so you need a proxy. They all charge various commission fees, some moreso than others. Make sure you read their FAQs and such before bidding so you fully understand the fees and proxy bidding process, which varies from proxy service to proxy service. I've personally only dealt with Rinkya and have had no problems.

eBay
    It's eBay. Enough said, really. Caveat emptor.

Hobby Link Japan
    They currently have closed preorders for the various Xros Wars electronics, but many of the figures, which come with Digimemories, are still in stock. Ships from Japan.

ToyWiz.com
    Currently, the only Digimon electronics they are selling are the US versions of the iC and Burst, both of which can be found for much more cheaply on eBay. They've had Twins, Minis, Accels, and D-Cybers in the past. They also have action figures and plushies. Ships from the US.

Rakuten
    Rakuten's like an online Japanese shopping mall. It's a conglomeration of a lot of smaller online stores, and supposedly it now ships to English-speaking addresses. I have never used it myself and cannot comment as to the ease or reliability of making an order. I've tried researching it and have found a few older (like from 2006) stories of orders getting canceled, but considering as how now the Rakuten site seems to encourage English buyers, I have no idea how smooth the process has gotten as of late. Ships from Japan.

CDJapan
    The Xros Loader is currently available for preorder, and they have some of the Xros Wars action figures as well. Ships from Japan.

Hobby Search
    They only sell action figures, but I've added it to the list because the Xros Wars figures come with Digimemories that can be used with the Xros Loader. Ships from Japan.

AmiAmi
    Same deal as Hobby Search. Action figures only. Ships from Japan.

Plamoya
    Currently has the Xros Loader and the collector figures in stock, may get more Xros Wars items in later on. Ships from Japan.

I'm going digital

Re: Where to Buy Digimon Electronics

My two cents -

Celga is an awesome proxy service, they don't charge too much for commissions ($5 per 1000 yen, IIRC), and take pretty fast to process your order and send it out when you want it. The entire process is very personalized (most of the communications are done by email, responses are typically made a few hours later) and I highly recommend it.

Amenbo isn't too bad of an online shop, but if you're paying by Paypal, they only accept e-cheques. Responses are a bit slow, but overall they aren't too bad.

Hobby Link Japan isn't too bad either, from what I hear from Splash. Never used them myself, so I can't say.

[quote author=Airdra link=topic=2112.msg31667#msg31667 date=1169265887]

Japan-Toys
    They have some of the more recent toys, but they have a $50 USD minimum order fee. I'd also use the more expensive EMS shipping instead of the standard shipping option--the one time I used standard, the package didn't show up for nearly three months. I'm still not sure if it was Japan-Toys's or DHL's fault. Ships from Japan.

[/quote]
    Airdra: before you go recommending the expensive shipping, shouldn't you get some more solid evidence? The one time I used standard, everything worked out fine. *Thinks harder* oh yeah, I was on vacation, so I wasn't actually there to receive it when it came. Just kidding. But still, I'd like to hear what other people's experiences were.
    Currently:
    Original v1 - numemon, past possibility of evolution
    Original v2 - vademon!!! that guy is awesome!

I come from the net

I was just going by my own personal experience. ^^;; Standard was brutal, and I know there was at least one other person who was having the same problems I was. I never had any problems with EMS. Still, I'm going to change the wording of that a bit...

Ain't got no mojo...

(Hmmmmm... i dunno if this is the write place to put this...but here it goes..)

ok i just bought i burst from Toy wiz(hasn't come to me yet) and on the order status it is written nothing does that mean it hasn't been sent?

I'm a Maniac

I have used many of these sites for Beyblade and B-Daman items, so here's what I have to say;

Toys n Joy's: I have used them more than five times, and have only had one bad experience...but it was reasonable. It was when B-Daman had just come to the Beyblade community and everyone was buying "Black Knight", I ordered it and they sent me "Dragon Gail" instead. Other then that, great site ^^

Toy Wiz: I have used them tons of times. I once ordered 50+ beys from them at one time xD They can be a bit overpriced, but fast shipping and great customer service.

HLJ: Slowest shipping ever! It took my package almost a year to get here. I ordered six Beyblade Fukuyaja (Lucky Bag) 2006's in January. It arrived in November 2006 with five >__> I hate this site.

eBay: I'm afraid of buying DigiMon items from here, since the D-Scanner I got was a fake one that was supposed to be a Japanese Takuya v3. It came as a purple with glitter and black one that the LCD would only show a computer screen >__>

Please Try My Apprentice Patch

I'm going digital

Okay, I've gotta comment on ToyWiz. I ordered a Digivice Burst from them and just recently, (uh, yesterday?) got it. It was a total wait of four days. Great customer service and they were very fast about things like receipts and tracking! Five out of five stars.

Ain't got no mojo...

I have some input on Hobby link Japan. After first placing the order it took about to days for them to send me a confirmation, then a week to actually ship it. it should get to my house any where from like 7 to 48 days. It's been 9 now. I hope it comes sooner than later. ToyWiz sounds promising though. I might just pick up one of those burst, so I'll have a v-pet to play with. It'll make my wait for those minis less painful.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar

I've ordered numerously from Toys N Joys, having had some difficulty. I recieved the Digimon Battler Agumon style for the Pendulum, Digimon Frontier D-Scanner 3.0 with a Kaiser Greymon on the packaging and the Digivice Burst Shine Orange and recieved them with no issues MIB. However, ordered a Pendulum X 1.0 Red and Black which was Out of Stock and struggled getting a refund before ordering the same one off eBay with no problem MIB, and a Digimon Accel Justice Genome in which a Nature Genome was sent mistakingly, resulting in me paying more to return it and waiting to finally recieve the correct one.

Advice here, don't be afraid to insult their intelligence by very clearly writing more detail in description of the item in additional comments option so they send the right one. Most importantly, call their Toll Free number to confirm they have it In Stock and not on back order or Out of Stock completely, their site is rarely updated for what they actually have at any given time. The best selection, bad customer service.

With eBay, be very careful and know a bootleg from a real Bandai product. Don't buy used goods if at all possible.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

I come from the net

For TNJ, nothing lights a fire under their butt faster than threatening to sic your credit card company on them. ;D To follow through on your threat, just call the credit card company and tell them you ordered something online and the store's trying to rip you off. They'll get your money back. (This method works wonderfully for any online shopping difficulties you might encounter, by the way. ^_^ )

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast