With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Villain for the tri. Stage Play! & tri. Part 5 Animation! Plus Products on Sale!

2nd Villain for the tri. Stage Play! & tri. Part 5 Animation! Plus Products on Sale!

Looks like there is another villain popping up in the Digimon Adventure tri. stage play.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I was originally going to spoiler tag and hide most of this, but since every single thing related to the stage play is doing press about it, it seemed unlikely it was possible to hide it.

Vamdemon is back! Back again!

VenomVamdemon Undead is a new version of Vamdemon designed by longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe for the stage play.

Any context of his appearance is unknowing at this time.

Update- A few other stage play bits...

First up... At the stage play they will be showing animation from tri. Part 5. It isn't 100% clear if it'll be a 'preview' of Part 5, or as part of the stage play itself, but we do know what the animation is...

MetalGreymon Evolving into WarGreymon.

In addition, we have a list of the products being sold at the stage play, but no photos yet... Thanks to garm for translating this stuff quickly. Listing them slightly differently since we don't have images at the moment...

Update- Added pictures, but left the descriptions as is.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Official Pamphlet: 2,300 yen
    Contains lots of photos, outtakes, special talks, etc.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Bromide Print Sets (3 bromides in each set), 9 sets available. 600 yen per set.
    Taichi Yagami (Gaku Matsumoto)
    Yamato Ishida (Shouhei Hashimoto)
    Sora Takenouchi (Suzuka Morita)
    Koushiro Izumi (Kamimura Kaisei)
    Mimi Tachikawa (Marina Tanoue)
    Jou Kido (Junya Komatsu)
    Takeru Takaishi (Kenta Nomiyama)
    Hikari Yagami (Yuna Shigeishi)
    Etemon (Oreno Graffiti)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Bromide Print: 27 types, 200 yen each, random
    All sorts of random pairs in outtake shots, from cool to cute expressions, etc.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Bromide Prints of character Pairs (and a trio) (larger prints, 5 x 7 inches): 15 total, 500 yen each, random
    Taichi and Yamato A
    Taichi and Yamato B
    Taichi and Sora
    Taichi and Koushiro
    Taichi and Hikari
    Yamato and Sora
    Yamato and Takeru
    Yamato and Jou
    Sora and Mimi
    Koushiro and Jou
    Koushiro and Mimi
    Koushiro and Takeru
    Mimi and Jou
    Takeru and Hikari
    Taichi and Yamato and Sora

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A4 size (8.27 x 11.69 inches) bromide prints with message: 8 types, 1,000 yen each
    Contains a message written by the cast, and printed onto the bromide.
    Taichi Yagami
    Yamato Ishida
    Sora Takenouchi
    Koushiro Izumi
    Mimi Tachikawa
    Jou Kido
    Takeru Takaishi
    Hikari Yagami

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Cast can badge (about 2.1 inches): 18 total, 500 yen each, random.
    Each comes in two versions:
    A variety: White + Original color as a base tone
    B variety: Black + digital space-inspired design. Etemon inside.
    Taichi Yagami
    Yamato Ishida
    Sora Takenouchi
    Koushiro Izumi
    Mimi Tachikawa
    Jou Kido
    Takeru Takaishi
    Hikari Yagami
    Etemon

Those who buy 7,000 yen and above on stage play products will receive one of two special bromide prints (no mention is made if they are random or not.) Update- Still no photo of these items.
    Taichi, Yamato, Koushiro, Jou, and Takeru
    Sora, Mimi, and Hikari

Thanks to various sites for the information.

Update- Another message!

This time it's from Tentomon!

Update- Another message shows us a new puppet!

Piyomon!

Update- Knife of Day!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's a filtered photo of the stage play version of Knife of Day rehearsing! In the back you can make out what appears to be the Agumon, Gabumon, and Tentomon puppets.

Update- Literally 5 seconds after I posted the Knife of Day image they posted another message!

This time we get to see Gomamon!

Prior Stage Play updates can be found here:
    Original Announcement
    Male Cast & Synopsis
    Digimon Cast
    Female Cast, Ensemble, & Director
    Costume Previews
    Cast in Full Costume
    Cast Comment Videos
    Cast Interview
    Reveal of Etemon, Tentomon, & Palmon
    Agumon, Gabumon, MetalGarurumon, and Taichi & Yamato Clips
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Small smile turns into a big grin. Now...I hope we get this in actual Tri.

Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Huh, so no BelielVamdemon?

Oh man that's amazing. Undead version, huh? Legit. Although that does make me more curious about the movies; I had kind of assumed Myotismon would be the final villain, or at least involved. Does this make that more or less likely now?

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    Oh man that's amazing. Undead version, huh? Legit. Although that does make me more curious about the movies; I had kind of assumed Myotismon would be the final villain, or at least involved. Does this make that more or less likely now?
    Honestly... I feel like less likely for various reasons.

Them getting/using Etemon and Vamdemon make me generally think it's unlikely we will get solid usage of either of them in tri.

But we don't know that for sure.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

By process of elimination, I guess this means Apocalymon is the most likely choice for returning end boss.

This is more of a different stylistic approach than a new version of VenomVamdemon, I really don't see why they need to call a new version. Some Digital Monster Card Game illustrations look just as different to their official Bandai art, and those are clearly not new versions.

Anyway, that's what they decided to do, so I'm looking forward for what his role will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ShikaSS View Post
    This is more of a different stylistic approach than a new version of VenomVamdemon, I really don't see why they need to call a new version. Some Digital Monster Card Game illustrations look just as different to their official Bandai art, and those are clearly not new versions.

Anyway, that's what they decided to do, so I'm looking forward for what his role will be.
    There's some significant differences, actually. One of his horns is broken, his shoulder wings have twisted into calcified spikes, he's extremely thin compared to his previous form, and there's data leaking off of him everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsaw View Post
    There's some significant differences, actually. One of his horns is broken, his shoulder wings have twisted into calcified spikes, he's extremely thin compared to his previous form, and there's data leaking off of him everywhere.
    It's also worth mentioning, we do not know the context of the character.

'Version' could simply be specifying that there is something 'different' about it, opposed to what VenomVamdemon was last we saw him in Adventure.

It doesn't say 'Mode' or anything like that. It could literally be a dissolving remnant, a dream, or any other number of things.

It'll be interesting to see what context and explanation is given, and if any mention is made of Belial.

Digimon has done "[digimon] [noun]" for different forms before, so it's worth considering at least.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast