With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary Art Book and Card Set Updates, Images, and Pre-Order Details

20th Anniversary Art Book and Card Set Updates, Images, and Pre-Order Details

A few bigger things to go over here...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is details for the 20th Anniversary Art book which was first announced awhile ago.

This book covers the Version 1 thru 5 and the 20th Anniversary V-Pets, along with various making of and extras, so there will be a decent amount of material.

They've put up samples and various teasers for those who are considering ordering it...

First up... sample pages for the Digimon profiles.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

We first got an idea what the pages might look like during the 20th Anniversary livestream, but with clean images you can just see the details, even at relatively low resolutions.

Each Digimon gets their official Bandai art, monochrome and color sprites, along with various illustrations that show off the personality of the Digimon.

Then there is the samples and teasers for various other chunks of the book...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is a brand new illustration by Kenji Watanabe that they've blurred out (mostly)- Digimon Gathering!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then we get previews of a page about Digimon ecology, along with another page that reveals for the first time how Digimon came to be, along with information on the original plan for Digimon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This next page shows the path between the original V-pets along with images of them all. The second preview here is a write-up of the Royal Knights, including information about their roles and activities.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The last preview is of various details relating to the Digital World itself.

There will be 200 pages and the pages will be A4 size (8.27 x 11.69 inches.) The book will be hardcover with a reflective foil cover.

Pre-orders are open at Premium Bandai until September 19th for 4,860 yen. It's scheduled to ship in December.

To celebrate the art book pre-orders opening, they are also going to run a Twitter campaign for those in Japan, with a chance to win 20th Anniversary V-Pets.

If you are in Japan:
    Follow the Bandai Digimon account.
    Retweet this tweet.
    If you win you will receive a DM from the Bandai Digimon account.

Prizes will only be shipped to addresses in Japan.

Then we have some updates for an item that had pre-orders go up awhile ago, but it feels like a lot of people missed it, so we will go over it in a bit extra detail than we would for a normal update.

The 20th Card Set!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The set contains 60 cards: 25 holo cards, 35 normal cards.
    15 will be new cards and 45 will be reprints of old cards (3 of these will have new art.)

Let's go over some of the extra details we know about at this point...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

6 of the cards will come packed in a booster pack. The design is based on the original card game in 1999. The contents of this pack will not be released anywhere else.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This card case allows you to store 60 or more cards so you can take them with you. It features various well known Ultimate level Digimon from the history of the franchise.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The set comes with a playsheet and manual. Both are reversible to reveal artwork by Kenji Watanabe and other illustrators.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This storage box can store everything that comes with the 20th card set. And they want us to know it's very shiny.

And details on a few of the cards...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

While they aren't revealing all of the Digimon appearing on the new cards, they are showing off 5 of the 20th Anniversary Digimon that will get some of those slots: Zubamon, Durandamon, BlitzGreymon, CresGarurumon, and Omegamon Alter-S.

And last but not least... they show off new artwork of Tyranomon and Agumon they made for the card set.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They describe Tyranomon as the original Digimon seen on the packaging of the original product, and used again in the 20th logo, and they describe Agumon's popularity and use in Digimon Adventure.

And with fancy new Tyranomon and Agumon art that's being used on the packaging... you just know where it will show up...

2 of the 3 old cards with new artwork! These are preview images from the most recent V-Jump issue from roughly a week ago, and the new art looks fantastic on the cards.

The 20th Card Set is available to pre-order now at Premium Bandai for 9,720 yen. Orders close at August 21st and are expected to ship in November.

The cards sets are always popular with fans, and I expect the art book will be insanely popular, both because of it's relatively reasonably price, and just the promise of so much high quality Digimon art and information.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan
    Japan Hero

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to name a few 'official' affiliate shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows their 'official' page for Premium Bandai.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The link embedded in the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Damn, I may buy that book. Looking forward to the new cards too, of course. I see that Zubamon's support effect increases Tyrannomon's attack power by 500. That's cute.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Will the books will get an English version outside P Bandai Jp?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyzmon View Post
    Will the books will get an English version outside P Bandai Jp?
    That's extremely doubtful.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'll probably try and get my hands on that art book because it's so cool looking. Hopefully some of the import storefronts have it.

I really want the artbook. I hope it also covers Chrome Digizoid.

They went out of their way to set up intermediaries for the 20th V-Pet, but nothing else; I hope one of the "official" outlets can help with the artbook.

I just want a crack at translating all that sweet Digital World information from the artbook.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Yay, preordered it!
    Those are some very nice previews, now there's less need to track down ancient V-pet guide books for those smaller scribbly illustrations that aren't really used anymore.
    It's weird to see that there are no colored versions of the last few sprites (training sprites from the v20th if I remember correctly), as colorizing them for the book doesn't seem like the most monumental task.

Also... "Digimon Ecology" that's like literally everything I ever wanted from this franchise, more interesting than any tamer shenanigans or "imma take over the universe" plots.
    That page about the Royal Knights... probably going to look very good but at this point they are so played out that I wonder what kind of new information about them could make them more interesting again. Insight into their "activities" makes me imagine some kind of gossipy tabloid stuff that reveals that Omegamon is divorced again and Jesmon is secretly running a hotdog stand on the side. Mostly, I hope the following pages will focus on some of the other prominent Digimon groups like the Olympos Twelve or the Demon Lords... for the latter ones I would be especially interested if some of their more recent "mechanics" invented for CS were integrated into the main profile canon or if that was just the video games doing their own thing again.

But now to wait over 4 months until it arrives; That's going to be so annoying especially since at this point I'm 300% more hyped for this book than I could be for any future part of tri.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Made a quote with From Japan on the book. Really looking forward to this. Plus it gives me more motivation to continue learning to read Japanese.

The card set looks nice and I'm sorta tempted by it, but at the same time I don't feel like I "need" it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast