With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: The Digimon World DS Triple Threat Challenge

Ain't got no mojo...

The Digimon World DS Triple Threat Challenge

A video showing a little bit of the challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf38...g-c7zcQE26TyUj

Introduction to the Game(Story and How Stats Work)
    For those of you who have never played Digimon World DS, it is a traditional JRPG game similar to Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, but has its own differences to make it stand out as a different game of its own. For instance, like in Cyber Sleuth, you can get scan data by seeing a digimon and when you get to 100%, you can digiconvert said digimon. However unlike Cyber Sleuth, scan data can go as high as 999%, with of course, the higher the scan data when digiconverting a digimon, the better its stats will be. Stats in this game are divided into 4(technically 7) categories. There's Attack and Defense which are your traditional RPG stats, so I'll not be going over what they do. Spirit, however, is a stat that many people who play this game are confused about what it does. It's supposed to help both your Attack and Defense the higher the number is(approximately adding +0.5 to Attack and Defense with every 1 point in Spirit until hitting 500 Spirit, which, from that point onward, will add about +0.25 in Attack and Defense with every 1 point in Spirit to be technical). Speed helps you go before the enemy digimon(and will sometimes help you go multiple times before they ever get to go if it's high enough). There is also HP(obvious), MP(obvious), and the Aptitude stat. Basically, what Aptitude does is that it determines the MAX LVL a digimon can attain(can be raised through digivolving and degenerating). Anyways, to sum up the story, it follows a child who is mysteriously sent to the digital world after spending some time in the computer lab and now, alongside trying to figure this new world out, he has to raise his tamer rank and try to achieve the esteemed Tamer King status.

Introduction to the Game(Battle Types)
    There are 7 battle types in the game: HP, MP, Attacker, Tank, Technical, Speed, and Balance. Each type has its strengths and weaknesses in combat. The Balanced type has none of those weaknesses. However, it has none of those strenghs as well. The HP type has favors HP as it's main stat, attack for its other stat that it does well in, and does not do very well in the MP department. The MP type does not do poorly in HP, in fact, the MP type has average HP, with Defense being the stat that it does bad in. It also has the secondary favorable stat of Spirit. The Attacker type favours, well attack, and its least favorable stat is Speed. The Tank type favours Defense and flawed stat of Spirit. The Technical type has a favourable stat of Spirit, while not favouring Defense at all. Finally, Speed type favours Speed and has pitiful, pitiful Attack.

Introduction to the Game(Digivolution/Degenerating[IT WORKS DIFFERENTLY IN THIS GAME!]
    How Digivolving works is that all digimon have a starting level at which they start out at upon first using that digimon. Lets say you have a level 13 Betamon and you want to evolve it into a Seadramon(all you need to be is level 13 to evolve), its level will jump to the minimum level that's needed to be a Seadramon, which is 18. Lets say, you have that same Betamon and its level 19. If you evolve it, it will lose a level but it will still gain the stats that you get from evolving into that digimon. So for this reason, it's highly recommended that you spend alot of time leveling up a digimon in a certain form until evolving said digimon to increase its stats. When degenerating, which is reverse evolution basically(going from a Seadramon back to a Betamon for instance) the same principal of starting level applies. So, no matter what level your Seadramon is when degenerating, it will always go back to a level 5 Betamon, as that is its base level in the game. The idea with degenerating is to spend a decent amount of time in a prior form(like 10-15 levels), that way, when you digivolve back to your strongest form, you'll be much stronger. Degenerating can happen between multiple generatons of Digimon(From Mega(called "Ultimate" in Japanese) -> In Training(Called "Baby II" in Japanese)) and does not have any requirements unlike as in Cyber Sleuth. Anyways, with the basics of the game
    outta the way, it's time that I describe what I call, The Triple Threat Challenge

Introduction to the Actual Challenge
    The Triple Treat Challenge is a type a type of playthrough that I've invented for this game, which only allows for 3 digimon, per area to fight the random digimon and the bosses of each area. However, this does not mean that you can only have 3 digimon in your party. That limit is 5. You can have a 4th and 5th digimon in the back to gain EXP. However, you cannot use them in battle and if all 3 of your main digimon die, you must let them die. I'll go further into the rules for this playthrough as there are some guidelines that you must follow in order to fulfill this challenge. One rule that I have is that digimon that you attain from cheat codes(DotAgumon and DotFalcomon) are banned, as they would make this challenge too easy. I'll go over the rules more in depth in the rules section.

The Rules to The Triple Threat Challenge
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by AquariusGaming; 08-13-2018 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Things on Google Docs got deleted

Digimon World DS isn't just similar to Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth -- they're part of the same series. Digimon World DS is simply called "Digimon Story" in Japan, as it's the first Digimon Story game. Cyber Sleuth is just another entry in the series.

The challenge sounds interesting, I don't have time to play right now but I'll keep this in mind when I do.

Ain't got no mojo...
    How I did this challenge in Data Forest Can be viewed here:

(Skip to 0:15 to begin the actual video)

Day 2(Training Peak) of the Triple Threat Challenge:

(Skip to 0:15 to begin the actual video)

Day 2.5(Training Peak Part 2) of the Triple Threat Challenge:
    Last edited by AquariusGaming; 08-13-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Videos got deleted

Ain't got no mojo...
    Day 3 of the Triple Threat Challenge:

Day 4 of the Triple Threat Challenge:

Day 5 of the Triple Threat Challenge:

Day 6 of the Triple Day Challenge:
    Last edited by AquariusGaming; 08-14-2018 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Videos got deleted

Ain't got no mojo...
    Day 7 of the Triple Threat Challenge:

Day 8 of the Triple Threat Challenge:
    Last edited by AquariusGaming; 09-03-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    What did you use to play? I haven't been able to find my old copy of the game.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Day 9 of the Triple Threat Challenge: