With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 43: Wake Up, Sleepmon! The Appmon Championship Returns!!

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

AppliMonsters Episode 43: Wake Up, Sleepmon! The Appmon Championship Returns!!

Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 43: Wake Up, Sleepmon! The Appmon Championship Returns!!

Episode thread for Episode 43

Air Time:
    Saturday 29th July - 9.30am (Japan)
    Saturday 29thJuly - 1.00am (UK)
    Friday 28th July - 8.30pm (EST)
    Friday 28th July - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
    www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
    Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 43 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (10:45pm Pacific, 7/28/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

So... How was it? Have we see god yet?

The Cyber Arena's effort failed, then Rei just continue his life babysitting sleeping Sleepmon, until out of the blue Sleepmon is gone and Hajime is there. It seems Hajime in anime is similar to manga: a genius programmer who made Bootmon. Hajime was also the one who let Bootmon escape, and thus Leviathan called Biomon and turned Hajime into Sleepmon. No god grade(s), next ep is about Bootmon, and seems he's even more crybaby than Offmon, more awkward since Shutmon isn't crybaby and has manly voice while Bootmon has childish voice and personality similar to Offmon. Ai and Watson is finally back too.

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    This ep was good and all but why aren't my gods appearing?
    Well, let's hope for August
    • I wanted to see more Supers other than Coachmon
    • This episode is only after the first half, which is good unlike Ep23 which was named after the last 30 seconds (Shakkoumon's episode also did this IIRC)
    • I want my Bootmon badass, not adorable > (I like him that way tho)
    • "Sleepmon will turn into a horrifying creature when woken up". Are you sure you didn't meant cute?
    • What did Hajime say during that speech he gave an the second half? Why did he turn human?
    • Like G-Santos said, I think Bootmon will activate the U4 chips.

And the plot thickens.

Add Shadious on DeviantArt Add Shadious on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiysar Almond View Post
    ...next ep is about Bootmon, and seems he's even more crybaby than Offmon, more awkward since Shutmon isn't crybaby and has manly voice while Bootmon has childish voice and personality similar to Offmon.
    >XD

This... I gotta see. Looking forward to next week~!
    Last edited by Shadious; 07-29-2017 at 05:17 AM.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I'm pretty sure the (possibly familiar) smell of burning eggs woke Hajime up.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Added the stream link to the first post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Yeah, Hajime said something about how when he was asleep as Sleepmon, he was seeing some kind of simulation that Leviathan devised. The smell of Rei cooking eggs seemed like a fantasy, but when Rei burned them, it reminded him of when Rei was first learning about cooking, and he knew it wasn't a fake dream, so he was able to wake up.

Apparently with Bootmon's powers, Leviathan will be able to turn all humans into data so he can create a perfect world. Leviathan wanted Hajime because he's a natural-born AI programming genius capable of making something like Bootmon. I find it amusing that not even Rei knew how intelligent Hajime was at programming.

Sleepmon not being a trap is really disappointing, but I'm still REALLY happy with this episode.

I guess the only trap we're going to get is Yuujin, who they've been telegraphing since the first damn episode. Rei even gives him a suspicious look at the end. I respect their dedication to this singular no-twist mindset, but I kinda wish there were a few more plot surprises in Appmon. Like, Izumi seems underutilized. And... Knight is still just -gone-?

Bootmon sounds like he has Guilmon's voice actor. I half-expected him to call the kid "Hajimemon". I'm kinda sad that we don't have an Onmon to go along with Offmon...

The whole Musimon/Emceemon long-lost brothers gag was lampshaded so wonderfully in this episode and honestly the episode could have been just about them and I would have been happy.

Ai and Wato in the next episode. I hope they finally justify their existences!
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Bootmon sounds like he has Guilmon's voice actor. I half-expected him to call the kid "Hajimemon". I'm kinda sad that we don't have an Onmon to go along with Offmon...
    I do think that this was deliberate as a parallel to Offmon's ability to become Shutmon without App Fusion for seemingly no reason. I suspect that Shutmon was created first and De-Digivolved to Offmon similar to how Kudamon was actually the Royal Knight Sleipmon/Kentaurosmon.

Like, Izumi seems underutilized. And... Knight is still just -gone-?

Ai and Wato in the next episode. I hope they finally justify their existences!
    Not every character needs to justify their own existence you know. And while expanding a character's role can be good, past series have also shown how it can be mishandled.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Okay just finished watching the episode and there's two things that cracked me out: I wasn't expecting at all to Hajime to be included in the cast, aware of appmon let alone creating one from scratch! I thought he was just the solo motivation to Rei, but in this end he's now truly part of the fight against Levianthan. That's some smart kid.
    I heard many fans were expecting Sleepmon not being him. Yeah when he turned back to normal offscreen I was like "uh what happened?" and then he justified with the others how, I wasn't entirely convinced but eh nevermind. Also his own creation, Bootmon. My jaw dropped and hit the floor, the hilarity of his personality. Okay a 7-8-9? years old kid, regardless being a natural genius, created an Ultimate appmon without it having the chance to be a standard so it's not too surprising he's a humongous infant if you think about it :3
    Either way, love that twist. 3DS Shutmon was a big baby. Turns up in the anime is Bootmon who took that lol

But that takes me to the question:
    A baby-aged Bootmon
    A Shutmon with madness issues
    How is Rebootmon is going to be healthy possible with these two :3

Anyway back to the topic, Rei did get a very significant change of attitude this episode, breaking finally his ice. Although there's one thing that still persists, he's, somehow, suspicious of Yuujin. Haru usually is the one who realizes things others overlook, but guess this time is Rei who picking up something. And probably won't be pretty.

Wait isn't that Agumon guest appearance happening in the episode following to the next one?
    Last edited by SoftMonKeychains; 07-29-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast