With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: My facebook account got disabled on Saturday

Banned
    Add C-MC on Facebook Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel Add C-MC on Google+

My facebook account got disabled on Saturday

I was trying to login one day on my fb account only to find out that it's been disabled by Facebook. Not sure why so I got this message last night: We’ve determined that you are ineligible to use Facebook. To learn more about Facebook’s policies, please review the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities:

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

Unfortunately, for safety and security reasons, we cannot provide additional information as to why your account was disabled. We appreciate your understanding, as this decision is final.

Thanks,

Dre
    Facebook

A few minutes later I sent an appeal for Disabled - Ineligible... this sucks, I've had that profile for almost 8 years and I don't wanna lose all of my photos, friends and family members. I hope they'll recover my account back asap otherwise it would be a disaster for me
    Last edited by TMS; 07-25-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Well, yikes. The first thing that comes to mind is if you had been hijacked and the account were being used to send out spam or the like. My second idea would be if you were using anything other than your real-life identity or a profile image you don't own. Those are the only things that come to mind, apart from major illegal activities, where Facebook would disable an account without warning.

That being said, I've noticed that a number of friends on Facebook have mysteriously become disabled accounts sans explanation. I'm not sure if they were actually deactivated around now or if I just noticed them at the same time. My gut suspicion is that I just didn't notice / forgot when someone made a post about disabling their account and that it's unrelated to this, though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    Well, yikes. The first thing that comes to mind is if you had been hijacked and the account were being used to send out spam or the like. My second idea would be if you were using anything other than your real-life identity or a profile image you don't own. Those are the only things that come to mind, apart from major illegal activities, where Facebook would disable an account without warning.

That being said, I've noticed that a number of friends on Facebook have mysteriously become disabled accounts sans explanation. I'm not sure if they were actually deactivated around now or if I just noticed them at the same time. My gut suspicion is that I just didn't notice / forgot when someone made a post about disabling their account and that it's unrelated to this, though.
    I have no idea what's the cause of it but it sucks really. I just want my account back

I had this happen to two of my friends, their accounts just mysteriously disappeared without explanation. They weren't deactivated, they just disappeared, if an account is deactivated you can still them on your friends list, their name just appears next to an empty photo.

I can't find any reason as to why Facebook would disable accounts, if you are not violating their terms and conditions.
    Last edited by Vice; 07-27-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I had this happen to two of my friends, their accounts just mysteriously disappeared without explanation. They weren't deactivated, they just disappeared, if an account is deactivated you can still them on your friends list, their name just appears next to an empty photo.

I can't find any reason as to why Facebook would disable accounts, if you are not violating their terms and conditions.
    exactly, like I have a spare account that I don't use much, I have only 5 friends there, including my real profile, so in the list I can read 5 but only 4 of them are visible

Also did they ever get their accounts back?

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Was the account using your real name or a fake one? That is usually the case if you're using fake.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Was the account using your real name or a fake one? That is usually the case if you're using fake.
    I was using my real government name

I come from the net
    Oh, I have an account in a fake name. But it was the first fake name they'd let me use. And so far, no problems. You think they'd notice since it's a fake name from TV.