With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Appmon Manga to End in next V-Jump

Appmon Manga to End in next V-Jump

The most recent V-Jump had one more surprise in it it seems...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's announced that the manga for Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters is coming to an end.

The most recent chapter had something major happen in it. (The link is to our recent V-Jump article, which has spoilers in it for the manga.)

The Appmon manga has been written/drawn by Naoki Akamine and has been running since the September 21, 2016 issue of V-Jump.

The final chapter is scheduled to come out August 21, 2017, so the manga ended up running an entire year. The V-Jump issue will be cover dated for October.

There is currently no news on if it will be replaced with another Digimon/Appmon manga, and we do not have an update on the status of Appmon Gakuen, the other Appmon manga, which runs in Saikyo Jump

Thanks to ANN for the news.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Not surprising. We're... what? About 3-4 months away from the animes ending? Makes sense. Not to mention as far as I heard, the manga was more or less the anime with minor plot changes/ Compared to the xros wars manga which was arguably a whole different story in comparison to its anime

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon's Xbox Live Profile
    Aw man, I had kind of hoped it would be longer running and have extra bits like the Xros Wars manga.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"
    Currently raising: Nothing

Current Digivice completion: English D3 v2 (Map 4)
    Next: EU D-Power v2, EU D-Power v1, English D-tector v1, English D-Tector v3
    Currently learning and playing: Digimon Anode Tamer.

My Digimon Podcast

It's actually really different from the anime. The plot plays out completely differently.

It's just short, so there's no time for stuff like... character development... or battle scenes that take more than a page...
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    In more recent years (talking after the Xros Manga). Digimon Manga does seem to be getting canned out of V-Jump for one reason or another. Encode was ditched and I have no idea at what Chapter that ended. The last I knew it was on Chapter 22 in China...

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    In more recent years (talking after the Xros Manga). Digimon Manga does seem to be getting canned out of V-Jump for one reason or another. Encode was ditched and I have no idea at what Chapter that ended. The last I knew it was on Chapter 22 in China...
    In general they've ended because what they promoted either ended, or became to old to effectively be a promotional item for.

V-Jump is more a promotional magazine that acts as an informational magazine with manga.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    That makes sense. It's not the Jump where stuff stays around for long.