With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: 13th Doctor Revealed !

  1. #1

    13th Doctor Revealed !

    The 13th Doctor was revealed as Jodie Whittaker today right after Wimbledon finished .




    What do you guys think of her as the new Doctor ? And does anybody watch Doctor Who ?
    Last edited by Digi_TaKi; 07-16-2017 at 09:20 AM.

  2. #2
    I am Justice Vande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    England - Sheffield
    Posts
    16,234
    Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    I watched Dr Who. Watched being the key word there. I had no wish for a female doctor. It's far too soon after Missy. I haven't seen a single thing she's been in (not my kind of shows).
    Even as a woman who is all there for equality, it does not sit right with me.

    I won't be watching the show for a fair while I think.

    I do hope she does well for the people who do want it.

  3. #3
    Junior Commander Rohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    246
    They need to fix the writing quality first and foremost. The past few seasons have not inspired confidence in me to keep watching regardless of who it was going to be.

    Can't say I've ever been on-board with Moffat retconing the lore so that Regeneration can change gender.

  4. #4
    I am Justice Vande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    England - Sheffield
    Posts
    16,234
    Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    They need to fix the writing quality first and foremost. The past few seasons have not inspired confidence in me to keep watching regardless of who it was going to be.

    Can't say I've ever been on-board with Moffat retconing the lore so that Regeneration can change gender.
    Moffat is gone after the Christmas special...so you may get that part at least.

  5. #5
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Oregon, Maine, Los Angeles, Illinois
    Posts
    2
    Also, Moffat apparently wasn't the one who introduced the concept of gender-bender regeneration. According to the TARDIS wikia, the concept was suggested once during Tom Baker's run. However, Moffat was the one who ran with it starting with non-canon "The Curse of the Fatal Death" (which ironically also had a female Thirteenth Doctor played by Joanna Lumley).

    That said, I'm super-excited to see Jodie Whittaker as the new Doctor. I was dreading the idea of Kris Marshall getting the part. It's kind of sad to see that some places are just going up in flames all because the Doctor is female.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    They need to fix the writing quality first and foremost. The past few seasons have not inspired confidence in me to keep watching regardless of who it was going to be.

    Can't say I've ever been on-board with Moffat retconing the lore so that Regeneration can change gender.
    Moffat is gone after the Christmas special...so you may get that part at least.

    Yeah Chris Chibnall will be taking over for series 11, i feel that the BBC made the right choice by starting a fresh especially in the writing department, Moffat was there for too long the quality of the writing was slowly falling, it is a shame that series 10 was in fact better than 8 and 9 so he might have started writing better again, but it was time for him to leave.


    Quote Originally Posted by METAL_PLAY View Post
    Also, Moffat apparently wasn't the one who introduced the concept of gender-bender regeneration. According to the TARDIS wikia, the concept was suggested once during Tom Baker's run. However, Moffat was the one who ran with it starting with non-canon "The Curse of the Fatal Death" (which ironically also had a female Thirteenth Doctor played by Joanna Lumley).

    That said, I'm super-excited to see Jodie Whittaker as the new Doctor. I was dreading the idea of Kris Marshall getting the part. It's kind of sad to see that some places are just going up in flames all because the Doctor is female.
    The odds on Kris Marshall were so high that the bookies stopped taking bets on him lol. But it is nice that the Doctor is now a female it will change stereotypes of the doctor being a "only male role" which in the long run might open up the role to a wider range of actors.

    Joanna Lumley and Jodie Whittaker are both blonde :P and their names both start with "Jo" which is a interesting coincidence lol

  7. #7
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Oregon, Maine, Los Angeles, Illinois
    Posts
    2
    Moffat was there for too long the quality of the writing was slowly falling, it is a shame that series 10 was in fact better than 8 and 9 so he might have started writing better again, but it was time for him to leave.


    Sometimes people get better at their jobs knowing that they're almost done. I would love for Moffat to come back and write an episode every once in a while. Some of his best work for the show came during the RTD era ("Blink", for example).

    I heard rumors that a few people made some large (as in five-digit) bets for Kris Marshall. Sucks to be them! I can already tell from Jodie Whittaker's BBC Q&A that she's going to bring a lot of fun to the role. I also love how Colin Baker is fighting the hatred on Twitter.


  8. #8
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    1,558
    Cool, a female Doctor. I think I would have preferred a kickass grandma type to a young blonde, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

  9. #9
    I come from the net Lhikan634's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Zenith Gate
    Posts
    2,333
    I know a number of my other Whovian friends will be glad to see Moffat leave mainly since Missy was so different from any incarnation of the Master. Moffat's characters often seem to be a bit off, particularly as sociopaths or psychopaths. Capaldi's Doctor was a nice break from Matt Smith's characterization, and I did enjoy last series for the most part. A female Doctor had been speculated for some time, especially with Missy, so this was really just a matter of time (especially since there were calls for a female Doctor as far back as the 70s). Here's hoping for some good writers behind her. This could make for quite the regeneration: "I- oh, come on now! I change all this and still no ginger?"

  10. #10
    I come from the net KaenKazui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616
    Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    I am really happy about both things: Female doctor and Moffat leaving.

    Haven't watched the series in a while, mostly due to Moffat's writing starting to feel rather Shyamalan-y to me. But with a new writer and a female doctor - something I have been hoping for in quite a while - I am all for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •