With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: 13th Doctor Revealed !

  1. #11
    Ain't got no mojo... BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    8
    Gonna start watching again, hope they don't make it too confusing with some episodes plot (give us gods in the show)

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    Moffat's characters often seem to be a bit off, particularly as sociopaths or psychopaths.
    River Song, I assume ? Yeah she was a little crazy :v I think Captain Jack Harkness was a Moffat creation as well, he wasn't to bad, infact i think he was one of the best characters, especially since he got his own R rated spin off series Torchwood By Russel T Davies.

    The only Moffat characters who were normal would probably be Clara and Rory, since even Amy Pond was a little crazy.

  3. #13
    Junior Commander McGann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    211
    Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    I was trying to avoid finding out before seeing the Christmas Special, but that became an uphill battle REAL fast.

    It's always exciting to get a new Doctor. I just hope they don't spend so much time trying to establish her character like they did with Capaldi. His incarnation felt like he was in a perpetual identity crisis for about 2 Series.

    @KaenKazui While Series 6 and 8 were shakey, and 7 and 9 were pretty dire, I would absolutely recommend watching Series 10. Aside from a slightly underwhelming mid-series trilogy, it honestly felt like a breath of fresh air for the show. Bill's great, 12's found his footing, NO BLOODY CLARA and the writing really benefited from the hiatus. Moffat had his ups and downs, but he went out on a reasonably high note.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by KaenKazui View Post
    I am really happy about both things: Female doctor and Moffat leaving.

    Haven't watched the series in a while, mostly due to Moffat's writing starting to feel rather Shyamalan-y to me. But with a new writer and a female doctor - something I have been hoping for in quite a while - I am all for it.
    Yeah i am pretty excited myself, especially to see a "non-comedic" female doctor (like the one from the comic relief spoofs)

    Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    I was trying to avoid finding out before seeing the Christmas Special, but that became an uphill battle REAL fast.

    It's always exciting to get a new Doctor. I just hope they don't spend so much time trying to establish her character like they did with Capaldi. His incarnation felt like he was in a perpetual identity crisis for about 2 Series.

    @KaenKazui While Series 6 and 8 were shakey, and 7 and 9 were pretty dire, I would absolutely recommend watching Series 10. Aside from a slightly underwhelming mid-series trilogy, it honestly felt like a breath of fresh air for the show. Bill's great, 12's found his footing, NO BLOODY CLARA and the writing really benefited from the hiatus. Moffat had his ups and downs, but he went out on a reasonably high note.
    Season 10, was definitely Capaldi's best series !

  5. #15
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Unknown
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,781
    The only thing I know is Moffat sucks and I had to work that day so I couldn't see nerds whine. I hear a lot of girls that I know are super happy. So that's good.

  6. #16
    Ain't got no mojo... DazzleDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    40
    Add DazzleDream on Steam
    I agree with Vande. I also had no desire for a female doctor, despite being female myself. It always felt like it was being PC for the sake of it, as far as I'm concerned. I haven't been watching for quite a while as it is (the writing's been poor), but I have no interest in tuning in for this. I do wish her luck though.

  7. #17
    I come from the net Lhikan634's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Zenith Gate
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Digi_TaKi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    Moffat's characters often seem to be a bit off, particularly as sociopaths or psychopaths.
    River Song, I assume ? Yeah she was a little crazy :v I think Captain Jack Harkness was a Moffat creation as well, he wasn't to bad, infact i think he was one of the best characters, especially since he got his own R rated spin off series Torchwood By Russel T Davies.
    Maybe ironically, I liked River Song for the most part. Her craziness made sense with her character's history. But it seemed almost like Moffat wrote as if psychopath were a new orientation (like, as in attraction to psychopathic characters, though part of that includes his Sherlock characters as well). A lot of his characters also began to feel rather flat. Where I liked River (apart from her recent cameo), I quite disliked Missy.

    Quote Originally Posted by DazzleDream View Post
    It always felt like it was being PC for the sake of it
    For whatever it's worth, Time Lords may not even have the same actual gender or sex as humans as they (generally) don't even reproduce - they're artificially grown in looms (so not all that different to Jenny). Per the novel, Lungbarrow, they're also sterile. Maybe Time Lords are sort of like Ditto and make a mostly-correct copy during regeneration. Come to think of it, I don't think there's been anything saying that Time Lords aren't reproductive hermaphrodites (like flatworms) or that such equipment hasn't passed vestigiality into non-existence… or that it's even homologous to humans.

  8. #18
    Ain't got no mojo... dansplosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12
    As with all the other doctors and writers it'll take a while to get used to but I'm personally excited to see where it goes! I'll miss Capaldi but Moffat's writing was eh.
    As for people concerned about the doctor being female was to please the politically correct crowd, well if you believe timelords can only be 2 genders (thats not even true for humans) then each time the doctor regenerated he had a 50/50 chance of being female, so it's quite late for him to be a her and it's about time :P it is a bit soon after missy but I suppose that was just testing the water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •