With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Digimon View Jogress?

How Digimon View Jogress?

The permanent one I mean, like Monodramon and Milleniummon.
    Digimon as a being who is pretty much has no age limit(D/D) Or has no need to consume material to survive(Tamers) has slightly different mentality and perspective from human.
    My question is how would they view an act where the fusion either create a whole new personality or the dominant digimon become the host of their new body in a permanent way? What would prompt them to do something that is equal to being consumed.
    Last edited by salman332; 07-15-2017 at 04:15 AM.

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    Not particularly explored in their case. Most of the Omegamon that we see (as Royal Knights, Hideto's, the Gaia Origin one) seem to have 'acclimated' to it, remained fused for so long that they aren't separate minds anymore.

What would prompt them to do something that is equal to being consumed.
    This seems more like a fanfic question than anything else, in which case, necessity could motivate them to do so - fuse into one or get killed by whatever.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Follow MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    well they seem to form a new conciousness seeing as they only have one voice, though i think they talk about themself as "we" atleast in the case of partner digimon fusing, while i think others refer to themself as "I"
    so i´m with Xadhoom here, they stayed so long together that there mind fused to one.

with Monodarmon and Milleniumon we got a forced fusion, which makes the Digimon struggle as you see with Cyberdramon, they are not "synchronized"

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I think a good parallel for DNA Digivolution/DigiFusion would be Fusion in Steven Universe minus the stigma.

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    I think a good parallel for DNA Digivolution/DigiFusion would be Fusion in Steven Universe minus the stigma.
    And also, DBZ's Old Kai, who was a fusion originally yet has come to view himself in the singular.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    And also, DBZ's Old Kai, who was a fusion originally yet has come to view himself in the singular.
    That seems less Old Kai having his own personality and more the original younger Kai being the dominant persona.

This is more in line with Shoutmon's X# line and to an extent MetalGreymon (though the MailBirdramon head retains both full sapience and the ability to speak in the manta) and AxeKnightmon (though the dub at least made his and SkullKnightmon's voices distinct as the former is refined while the latter is very coarse).

I don't regard Malachite as this since first time she appears Jasper and Lapis are openly hostile to each other and following Chille Tid Malachite's own true personality forms completely and takes over similar to what happens with other fusions most notably Garnet, Sugilite, Sardonyx.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Not particularly explored in their case. Most of the Omegamon that we see (as Royal Knights, Hideto's, the Gaia Origin one) seem to have 'acclimated' to it, remained fused for so long that they aren't separate minds anymore.

What would prompt them to do something that is equal to being consumed.
    This seems more like a fanfic question than anything else, in which case, necessity could motivate them to do so - fuse into one or get killed by whatever.
    Oh yeah, I forget about Hideto Omegamon though you could argue that the RK omegamon was born in that form.

We actually have canon example of jogress for survival, dying Machinedramon and Chimeramon on ryou game.

Eh that is more of Appmon thing where the fusion literally involve inserting rod A to slot B.

For what it's worth, endosymbionts and composite organisms (like lichens) in biology would be a pertinent idea. For the most part, mutualistic symbionts they still exist as separate organisms but work together for mutual survival. For the most part, I tend to suspect that DNA Digivolution (Jogress) involves some sort of mutualism much like being in synch for Biomerge (or use of the Synchrochip in Megaman: NT Warrior).

That being said, mutualism is only one type of symbiosis. The other two major forms are commensalism and parasitism, and equivalents could exist (actually, if we use V-Tamer as a reference, we already have one of these two secured). Commensal Jogress would essentially be one Digimon letting another temporarily "piggy-back" a Digivolution in a case where only one Digimon is actually invested or benefitted. In application to Jogress, I'd consider commensalism to be more temporary, like digivolving together as a response to a distress signal. Parasitic Jogress would be like what occurred between Dæmon and Arcadimon or between DarkKnightmon and Bagramon (DarkestAxeKnightmon) where one digivolves by harming or suppressing the other.

Technically, there are a couple of other types of symbiosis. One is amensalism, which results in the complete destruction of one organism. This is like Beelzemon's absorbing Leomon's data and gaining his attack or like the formation of DarknessBagramon. The other is synnecrosis, which harms or kills both organisms. That sounds a lot like the various Chaosmons due to their instability. I'd also add something akin to symbiogenesis in which the two consciousnesses are merged entirely into a third distinct consciousness.

A permanent Jogress really could be anything apart from synnecrotic Jogress. The one between Monodramon and Millenniummon seems to be rather interesting as Mille already was a Jogress himself. As those constituent forms were both dying, I'd suggest that it began as mutualistic between Machinedramon and Kimeramon. Because Monodramon forced the Jogress with Millenniummon, this appears to be similar to either parasitism or amensalism (depending on whether Mille's essence was just suppressed or actually destroyed).

Since digimon seem to have the mentality of saiyans (big eaters with blood knight tendencies just less sociopathic) jogress SHOULD be looked down upon. After all Digimon always want to get more powerful on their own terms. That said no one in charge of storytelling is ever really interested in exploring the psychology of digimon and it's really irritating. There are probably multiple different reactions to jogress evolution from pragmatic "I want to become stronger and digivolve" to the contemptuous "only a coward relies on others to become strong".
    Digimon World DS friend code: 511187899231

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast