With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How Digimon View Jogress?

  1. #1
    Junior Commander salman332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    350

    How Digimon View Jogress?

    The permanent one I mean, like Monodramon and Milleniummon.
    Digimon as a being who is pretty much has no age limit(D/D) Or has no need to consume material to survive(Tamers) has slightly different mentality and perspective from human.
    My question is how would they view an act where the fusion either create a whole new personality or the dominant digimon become the host of their new body in a permanent way? What would prompt them to do something that is equal to being consumed.
    Last edited by salman332; 07-15-2017 at 04:15 AM.

  2. #2
    Completely digital Xadhoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Posts
    679
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    The permanent one I mean, like Monodramon and Milleniummon.
    Not particularly explored in their case. Most of the Omegamon that we see (as Royal Knights, Hideto's, the Gaia Origin one) seem to have 'acclimated' to it, remained fused for so long that they aren't separate minds anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    What would prompt them to do something that is equal to being consumed.
    This seems more like a fanfic question than anything else, in which case, necessity could motivate them to do so - fuse into one or get killed by whatever.

  3. #3
    Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    874
    well they seem to form a new conciousness seeing as they only have one voice, though i think they talk about themself as "we" atleast in the case of partner digimon fusing, while i think others refer to themself as "I"
    so im with Xadhoom here, they stayed so long together that there mind fused to one.

    with Monodarmon and Milleniumon we got a forced fusion, which makes the Digimon struggle as you see with Cyberdramon, they are not "synchronized"

  4. #4
    Junior Commander Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    229
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I think a good parallel for DNA Digivolution/DigiFusion would be Fusion in Steven Universe minus the stigma.

  5. #5
    Completely digital Xadhoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Posts
    679
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    I think a good parallel for DNA Digivolution/DigiFusion would be Fusion in Steven Universe minus the stigma.
    And also, DBZ's Old Kai, who was a fusion originally yet has come to view himself in the singular.

  6. #6
    Junior Commander Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    229
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    I think a good parallel for DNA Digivolution/DigiFusion would be Fusion in Steven Universe minus the stigma.
    And also, DBZ's Old Kai, who was a fusion originally yet has come to view himself in the singular.
    That seems less Old Kai having his own personality and more the original younger Kai being the dominant persona.

    This is more in line with Shoutmon's X# line and to an extent MetalGreymon (though the MailBirdramon head retains both full sapience and the ability to speak in the manta) and AxeKnightmon (though the dub at least made his and SkullKnightmon's voices distinct as the former is refined while the latter is very coarse).

    I don't regard Malachite as this since first time she appears Jasper and Lapis are openly hostile to each other and following Chille Tid Malachite's own true personality forms completely and takes over similar to what happens with other fusions most notably Garnet, Sugilite, Sardonyx.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  7. #7
    Junior Commander salman332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    The permanent one I mean, like Monodramon and Milleniummon.
    Not particularly explored in their case. Most of the Omegamon that we see (as Royal Knights, Hideto's, the Gaia Origin one) seem to have 'acclimated' to it, remained fused for so long that they aren't separate minds anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    What would prompt them to do something that is equal to being consumed.
    This seems more like a fanfic question than anything else, in which case, necessity could motivate them to do so - fuse into one or get killed by whatever.
    Oh yeah, I forget about Hideto Omegamon though you could argue that the RK omegamon was born in that form.

    We actually have canon example of jogress for survival, dying Machinedramon and Chimeramon on ryou game.

  8. #8
    Junior Commander salman332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    350
    Eh that is more of Appmon thing where the fusion literally involve inserting rod A to slot B.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •