With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teaser for DigiFes 2017 CD and 150 Digimon Music Releases

Teaser for DigiFes 2017 CD and 150 Digimon Music Releases

They did it last year and they're going to do it again this year!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Music Producer has announced that they are preparing another Digimon CD for DigiFes this year!

He teased a corner of the cover artwork, along with mentioning that he may have seen something like it before.

If it looks familiar to you also... well, there is an obvious reason...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Twitter user brunnorani tossed up an image fast showing where we would all recognize it from, the old Butter-Fly single cover!

Obviously it isn't the 'same' piece of art, very likely it's a new 'tri. Version' of the original artwork.

More to come on that soon no doubt...

Also, the Digimon Music Producer gave two factoids...

The first is that they've hit 150 Digimon Music releases!

He also reveals that since 1999 thru now, there was only one year that did not feature a Digimon music release, and he asked people to guess?

Do you know the answer?

If I'm correct it is... 2005

Thanks to garm for translations!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    I wouldn't be all that surprised if they revealed the Symbiosis ED at DigiFes 2017.

It looks great, will there only be butterfly on it or other songs too ?

150 Digimon Music Releases, that's quite a milestone stone. It also made me double check my Digimon discography I compiled a while ago, and it actually matches up pretty nicely, it currently stands at 150 as well; It is missing a few of the most recent appmon and tri. releases and obviously doesn't include this one yet, so it's off by a little bit but overall I expected the official number to diverge more from the list I compiled.
    But even with that I would be interested what exactly that number includes and what the 3 or 4 releases are that I count and they don't... there are a few obscure edge cases, like do they count ancient not anime related game stuff like the DW1 and Digimon World Digital Card Battle soundtrack CDs, do they count singles for the same song released in different versions (like Dive), or promotional "not for sale" stuff like that one Michi e no Armor Shinka Animedia whatever special CD, or the Next 0rder soundtrack that was only ever released digitally?
    That's really a bunch of things that could account for the difference... personally I'm hoping that for the sake of celebration they'll include the official list of all 150 Digimon albums in the booklet for the CD.

Its funny that the color is turquoise like daigos color has been on his merch. Itd be a twist if it was him and his team at 11.

Not gonna happen, but would be cool.

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    But even with that I would be interested what exactly that number includes and what the 3 or 4 releases are that I count and they don't... there are a few obscure edge cases, like do they count ancient not anime related game stuff like the DW1 and Digimon World Digital Card Battle soundtrack CDs, do they count singles for the same song released in different versions (like Dive), or promotional "not for sale" stuff like that one Michi e no Armor Shinka Animedia whatever special CD, or the Next 0rder soundtrack that was only ever released digitally?
    The 2013 re-release of the "We Love DiGiMONMUSiC" boxset included a complete (at the time) chronological list of the CDs that "counted" towards the official total, ending with the "Ending Best Aimer" album at #132. The video game soundtracks, the "Machi E No Armor Shinka" drama Animedia Deluxe Special CD, the "Original Story Special ~With~" drama CD, and all Xros Wars CDs were excluded from this list. From this, we can gather that the video game soundtracks and Xros Wars CDs don't get the "DiGiMONMUSiC" branding because they were released by different record labels. Those special drama CDs presumably don't count because they were special releases that couldn't be purchased via traditional means (although that doesn't stop the "Bokura No Digital World" CD single from being included on the official count).

Since 2013, we've gotten the following releases (in no particular order)...

- "Digimon Movie Song Collection" (Two Versions)
    - "Special Drama CD" from the Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Blu-Ray Box
    - "Our War Game!" Original Soundtrack from the Digimon The Movies 1999-2006 Blu-Ray Box
    - "Butter-Fly ~tri. Version~"
    - "brave heart ~tri. Version~" (Two Versions)
    - "I wish ~tri. Version~" (Two Versions)
    - "Seven ~tri. Version"
    - "Boku Ni Totte"
    - "keep on ~tri. Version~" (Two Versions)
    - "Digimon Adventure tri. Character Song Collection: Chosen Children" (Two Versions)
    - "Digimon Adventure tri. Character Song Collection: Digimon" (Two Versions)
    - "Digimon Song Best of Kōji Wada" (DigiFes. Exclusive)
    - "Kōji Wada Digimon Memorial Best" (Two Versions)
    - "Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth" Original Soundtrack
    - "Accentier" from Digimon World -Next 0rder- (Three Versions)
    - The Appmon CDs

The Appmon, "Accentier", and "Cyber Sleuth" CDs probably aren't included on the official count (they're released by a different record label, after all). I don't think digital-only releases count either. They've been known to include different "versions" of CDs toward the official count (even if the track listings are the exact same), but they're inconsistent about this. That gives us (at most) 20 individual releases since 2013, which would push the count to (at most) #152. This new DigiFes. 2017 CD would be #153 by my count (unless I'm missing something). Perhaps the blu-ray-exclusive CDs don't count, which would put us right at #150 (soon to be #151)? All of this is speculative, but I have a feeling that's how they're doing this. I do agree, though; I'd love an updated official list.

If we include everything that's been released, we're somewhere in the 180s.

What's weird is that the Twitter account's question of "What's the only year without a Digimon music release?" only works if we count Xros Wars! It's the darndest thing.
    Last edited by MagicBox; 07-07-2017 at 07:32 AM.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
    What's weird is that the Twitter account's question of "What's the only year without a Digimon music release?" only works if we count Xros Wars! It's the darndest thing.
    I assume it's a case of that even though those aren't part of the 'official' list released by the proper label, he threw in the extra bit of trivia about the only year without them so as to be able to include them in some fashion.

The same way many franchises often "can't/don't" officially reference things, but still find ways to.

For many years the Green Hornet couldn't refer to the Lone Ranger, but they'd still find ways to slyly reference it.
    Or that officially, Connery's last Bond film isn't included in the movie count because it was made by a different company.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Is there a complete list of all 150 official cd releases ? it would be nice to double check my own collection, but it seems on the discography websites i can count over 170...

Yeah, I'd be really interested in seeing everyone's current listings. I didn't realize there were so MANY Digimon CDs... (And I'll bet they all have cool art on the cover that I haven't seen...)
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

MagicBox's site (listed in his signature) is reasonably accurate for the information, but not if you are looking for everything up to an actual pseudo number of '150', since as he mentioned above, we don't know how they count stuff.

We also don't know if the producer meant that they 'just' hit 150, or if he was just commenting on it having been done, especially since it's worth mentioning if you discount Appmon CDs... and it's reasonable to do so for the reasons he mentioned... the last tri. CD was in March. So unless the producer is specifying this upcoming CD as 150 (which he doesn't seem to be, although I could be wrong), that means they did in fact 'officially' hit 150 awhile ago, and he's simply commenting on it. If 'that' is true... then we really don't know what could count, because 150 could even potentially have been last year if he 'just' noticed it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast