With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: tri. Stage Play Cast Comment Videos

tri. Stage Play Cast Comment Videos

It's time for another Digimon Adventure tri. Stage Play update!

Each cast member has recorded a short video with some comments.

These short clips likely provide us with a more 'real world' look at the actors in costume, although the camera and encoding quality seems quite poor for these clips.

Up above is the first one, which is...

Gaku Matsumoto who is playing Taichi.

Update- A translation for Matsumoto's comments will come when possible.

Embedded the cast photos for the rest and added the video links to the actors names. Embedding all the videos was causing the page loading to be a bit long.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then is Shohei Hashimoto who is playing Yamato.

I'm Shouhei Hashimoto, who will be playing Yamato Ishida for the Super Evolution Stage 'Digimon Adventure tri. -The August 1st Adventure-'. I'm sure a lot of people have been wondering 'how will this play out' or 'how will they do this' when they heard that [Digimon Adventure tri.] will be turned into a stage play, and we will be trying our best to betray your expectations - in a good way! The play will be on from 8/5 to 18/13 at Blue Theater, so we hope for your support. Well then, we'll be waiting for you at the theater!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Third is Suzuka Morita who is playing Sora.

I'm Suzuka Morita, who will be playing Sora Takenouchi for the Super Evolution Stage 'Digimon Adventure tri.' Um... we'll be waiting at Zepp Blue Theater Roppongi this August, so do come down for some fun. I'll be waiting!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Next up is Kamimura Kaisei who is playing Koushiro.

I'm Kamimura Kaisei, who will be playing Koushiro Izumi for the Super Evolution Stage 'Digimon Adventure tri. -The August 1st Adventure-'. Nice to meet you, everyone. For those who have seen me before, it's nice to see you again. We will be working our hardest to bring you a wonderful adventure this August, so please look forward to it! Thank you! I fumbled my words a bit back there. See you!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then there is Marina Tanoue who is playing Mimi.

I'm Marina Tanoue, who will be playing Mimi Tachikawa for the Super Evolution Stage 'Digimon Adventure tri. -The August 1st Adventure-'. When it was announced that I would be performing in a Digimon stage play, there were so many reactions to the news that it was amazing! I got many reactions along the lines of 'I'm envious!' or 'I'm definitely gonna come and watch!', and it made me realize once again that 'Wow, Digimon is a really well-loved series!'. Let us enjoy this summer - this HOT summer - together in the theater! We'll be waiting! Palmon~ Palmon~

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Up next is Junya Komatsu who is playing Jou.

Hello everyone. I'm Junya Komatsu, who will be playing Jou Kido. The Super Evolution Stage 'Digimon Adventure tri. -The August 1st Adventure-'. will be on from 8/5, and we'll be waiting for you at the theater. I hope you all will enjoy it. Bye bye!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Second to last is Kenta Nomiyama who is playing Takeru.

Hello, nice to meet you! I'm Kenta Nomiyama, who will be playing Takeru Takaishi. I grew up watching Digimon on Sunday mornings, so I will try my best to put on a great show! We'll be waiting for you at Zepp Blue Theater Roppongi from 8/5 to 8/13. I'll be waiting!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Last, but not least, is Yuna Shigeishi who is playing Hikari.

I'm Yuna Shigeishi, who will be playing Hikari Yagami for the Super Evolution Stage 'Digimon Adventure tri. -The August 1st Adventure-'. I'm really, really nervous this time round, seeing as this is an adaptation of a very popular anime, but I hope I can enjoy acting as the pure and kind-hearted Hikari! The Super Evolution Stage 'Digimon Adventure tri. -The August 1st Adventure-'.will be on from 8/5 to 8/13, so we'll be waiting for you at Zepp Blue Theater Roppongi! Do come!

Update- Translated comments added for all but Taichi. garm or shin will have to double check that one later when they have time. Big thanks to garm for getting us the other seven so quickly!

General attendance tickets are currently on sale via Confetti, ePlus, and Ticket Pia. If you will be be in Japan during the run of the stage play (August 5th thru 13th) you might want to try and nab one.

Prior Stage Play updates can be found here:
    Original Announcement
    Male Cast & Synopsis
    Digimon Cast
    Female Cast, Ensemble, & Director
    Costume Previews
    Cast in Full Costume
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    After seeing the actors in these introductory videos, I'm even more confident that Hashimoto-san is not going to bring the same kind of feel as Hosoya-san. The rest were pretty much spot on, although I'll have to get used to Yuna-chan's Hikari voice if this ever comes out on home video. And man! Suzuka Morita-san sounds so much like the tri. seiyuu that I'm already sold on buying this, in the event it comes to home video. Nomiyama-san looked kind of sheepish back there, but it kinda fits with how they're portraying Takeru in tri. Tanoue-san sounded surprisingly natural till she tried to call out Palmon. That part sounded kinda forced. Tl;dr I really hope this comes to home video, and am counting on seeing it if it does. I also think the cast is overall very good, with the exception of Hashimoto-san.

(As an aside, I'm slightly disappointed that they decided to leave out Meiko as a character from this play. Anything Meiko or Meicoomon is like hot cakes to me.)
    Last edited by Velocifaptor; 07-07-2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting errors

I'm going digital
    In general, I like the look of all the characters for this stage.

I know that we have to wait to see more about their perfomances, but I think they will realize a good job.

That said, the voice of Hikari's actress doesn't seem to fit with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Nomiyama-san looked kind of sheepish back there, but it kinda fits with how they're portraying Takeru in tri.
    I don't think Takeru is sheepish in Tri. In fact, he almost seems the opposite of someone shy.