With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DigiFes 2017 Updates- Key Art, Early Goods Pack, General Tickets, & Questionnaire

DigiFes 2017 Updates- Key Art, Early Goods Pack, General Tickets, & Questionnaire

Time for DigiFes updates since the official website opened!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We finally have the artwork for the event, and it looks great!

I admit I'm surprised the Digimon aren't wearing wristbands again.

A previously known, there will be two 'events' for DigiFes 2017, much like what was done last year.

Both will be held on July 30th (which is a Sunday.)

The 'lunch' event will have it's doors open at 12:30pm and begin at 1:30pm.

The night event will have it's doors open at 5pm and begin at 6pm.

It will be held at the Olympus Hall in Hachioji.

General release tickets will be sold beginning on July 8th via ePlus. Sitting seats will be 8,500 yen and standing will be 6,500 yen.

The guest lineup for DigiFes 2017 hasn't changed.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

All the main actors who play the kids and Digimon partners from tri. are scheduled to appear minus one:
    Yoshimasa Hosoya (Yamato) is currently not scheduled to attend as he is still on hiatus recovering from a throat issue.

In addition to the main cast, Ayumi Miyazaki and AiM will also be there (no doubt to perform a number of songs.)

Chiaki Matsuzawa will once again act as the MC/host for DigiFes 2017.

Now, we have new info!

First up... they are going to do a fan questionnaire via Twitter prior to DigiFes. The DigiFes website mentions checking the Digimon Adventure Twitter for more info. The questionnaire will be done between July 4th and 14th.

The first question posted to fans is:
    What scene were you most moved by?

Reply to the tweet where they ask the question and include the hashtag #デジモンアンケート if you want to answer along.

Selected tweets will be read at DigiFes 2017.

Update- The second question has been put up:
    What character has grown the most since the past?

Reply to the new tweet where they asked the question and include the hashtag #デジモンアンケート if you want to answer along.

Update- The third question is up:
    Tell us the line which left an impression on you.

Reply to the tweet where they ask the question and include the hashtag #デジモンアンケート if you want to answer along.

Update- Question Four is up:
    Which scene surprised you the most?

Update-Five is up.
    Which character did you most want to help/support to?

Six is up.
    What scene did you find the funniest?

Seven is up.
    The cutest moment for the Digimon?

Eight is up.
    How would you describe a Digimon in 2 Kanji?

Nine is up.
    What scene was the coolest?

In addition we have the first DigiFes 2017 products announced!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

This is a set of five Digifes 2017 products:
    1- A shirt (Roughly 28x21 inches, Shoulder width of 18 and sleeve length of 8.2)
    2- A muffler towel (you wear it around your neck and can use it to dry off as needed) (7.9 inches by 43 inches)
    3- A butter-fly charm that lights up in 9 different colors (8.7 by 5.1 inches)
    4- A neck strap that can hold a badge or other item (.79 inches by 35 inches)
    5- A Tote bag (14.9 by 14.1 inches with a gusset of 4.3 inches and a handle that's 29.1 inches)

These five items cost 9,720 yen in a bundle and are on sale now until July 10th. They will be shipped to buyers before DigiFes so they can bring them with them to the event. They are purchasable via the Toei shop.

The t-shirt, muffler towel, and butter-fly charm will be available at DigiFes while the neck strap and tote bag will be exclusive to those who mail order the set.

I also extracted out the images of the Digimon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I'm sure people will have fun using those for things.

And last up, a high resolution version of the key art from DigiFes 2017!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

More DigiFes info to come!

The prior thread with DigiFes info can be found here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Awww, no new art of my waifu? I'm so disappointed! and Meicoomon is just as cross eyed as I am! We are so much alike now. The merch looks nice though. That buterfly light is touching. I wish I could have that.. I like cool lights like that.

EDIT: I posted my answer to their survey. I thought I would share it here since twitter has a limit. You'd think I'd posted a touching moment with Mimi and Meiko... It's true that the scenes with them in Determination/Part 2 scene really brought me joy. But the thing that really pulled at my heart strings the most was in Confession/part 3 when Tailmon spent the afternoon with Hikari. Tailmon had spent so much of her life to look for Hikari in the first place. Always searching for something, someone. Then to face the very reality she would lose all her memories with Hikari and Wizarmon... She badly wanted to take pictures with Hikari, and eat ice cream. Things she probably would never do. But she at least wanted Hikari to have something to remember the fun times with. That.. That very thought got to me the most.
    Last edited by NekoHaruko; 07-03-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

I'm going digital
    I would like to mention my favorite scene in the survey, but I hardly know Japanese, so I could not write it.

Confession has the most moving scenes for me. I was moved by the scenes of Hikari and Tailmon went shopping together and the "huge" of HerakulesKabuterimon to the other animals.

However, the scene that REALLY moved me is Takeru and Patamon crying together in Confession. I could feel the despair of the characters in that scene and really touched me a lot.
    Last edited by Kon; 07-03-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    I would like to mention my favorite scene in the survey, but I hardly know Japanese, so I could not write it.
    You could try a machine translation, and then get it vetted by someone here, e.g. Onkei or Jay Ukyou.
    I hope they have a special drama for this year's DigiFes too, and that it comes to home video. Man, this would be a really good time to be living in Japan!

Aww man we are still waiting for that Tamers Blu Ray box !! Do you think they will announce it at the event ? Or maybe frontier digivices.....

The second question from the Twitter questionnaire has been added to the news post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    I would say that the character that has grown the most since the past is Taichi. A lot of the things he used to take at face value as a kid, he stops and observes, and sees in a different light now. He has really matured.
    (I think I'll fire up Google Translate, and then PM Jay and see if he/she can vet the translation)

Most moving scene is definitely Patamon and T.K. from Confession. Straight up cried during that. It transcended the anime trappings (something Digimon is always good at, but anyway) to become poignantly realistic.

Most matured character is probably Joe. Tai I still feel like is coming to grips with the futility of his efforts; Joe has met that existential crisis face-on, and come out of it a better person.

Anyway, yay DigiFes. That light-up butterfly is interesting, it'll be fun to see how that works in real life.

Follow Wolfshark On Twitter Follow Wolfshark on DeviantArt
    Ooh this looks neato! I really like the design of the lanyard too.

Also the digi art looks adorable, I might have to see if my cousin knows any decent sticker printers in the area since they would look sweet to put on my laptop and 3ds.

Added the third question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast