With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Sleuth and Next Order on Sale

Cyber Sleuth and Next Order on Sale

If you've been waiting to nab some Digimon games it might be the time!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Both Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World: Next Order for Playstation 4 are on sale at Amazon.

Cyber Sleuth is $20 and Next Order is $30. Using our affiliate links would be appreciated.
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for Playstation 4
    Digimon World: Next Order for Playstation 4

And of course, out early next year and available to pre-order now is the newest Digimon game:
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory for Playstation 4

Update- The extra discount for CS for Prime members has ended because Amazon has sold out of their own stock. It's now listing as $20 for everyone via a third party who fulfills thru Amazon warehouses.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Any idea on how long this sale is going to last??? I've been wanting to get Next Order for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    Any idea on how long this sale is going to last??? I've been wanting to get Next Order for a while now
    It's an unannounced sale, so it'll end at random.

Update- CS sold out via Amazon direct. A third party who fulfills via Amazon has it for $20 for everyone (the Amazon price was $20 for non-Prime and $15 for Prime.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Follow SuperStarlite on DeviantArt Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel
    To people who have played both, which game is better? I'm thinking of getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordramon View Post
    To people who have played both, which game is better? I'm thinking of getting one.
    Get Cyber Sleuth.

Follow floof On Twitter
    Dang, if only they were on sale on the PSN store. My dad doesn't really like to buy physical copies, and I've been waiting for DW: N0 to go on sale. Although, is it all that good? I've heard mixed reviews about it, and that it's mostly a Digimon raising game. If the reviews are because of that, I suppose I wouldn't mind it, because raising Digimon is one of the main reasons I play the games.

EDIT: Spelling error.
    Last edited by floof; 07-02-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

Signature and render by me.
    Model ripped by theigno.
    Icon by oneeyeddoe.

Cyber Sleuth is a better narrative experience. So if you care about story, go for Cyber Sleuth. It's also a very solid JRPG, though not perfect. It has a very Persona feel, if you know that series.

Next 0rder has a more unique (not necessarily better) gameplay experience, being a V-pet-based game. If you liked Digimon World 1 on the PSX, then you're likely to enjoy Next 0rder. Next 0rder streamlines a lot of the mechanics from DMW1 and makes them a little more mainstream-friendly. So if you're just a hardcore DMW1 fan, you might hate Next 0rder for being 'too casual', but if you thought DMW1 was a little too unclear and unfocused but otherwise enjoyed it, then Next 0rder is basically a godsend.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

They're two very different games.

Next Order is focused extremely on resource management and playing the numbers. It can also be really frustrating, since it doesn't give a lot of clues as to A. what you're supposed to be doing, B. if you even have the necessary stats to do the thing at all. Once you get down to the nitty gritty and understand the flow of the statistics, you begin to appreciate its depth, but it takes a while. The battle system is also not particularly satisfying, since it's chaotic and you can be taken down easily without really understanding why. But the actual Digital World locales are super fun to just walk around in (which unfortunately you can't really do because everything is timed!).

Cyber Sleuth is basically Persona with Digimon. Dungeon crawling, random encounters, turn-based, with a surprisingly mature story thread. I much preferred playing that overall, but if you're expecting a typical Digimon game (whatever that means) this might not necessarily be it. I've seen people here complain about the battle system, but honestly, playing on hard is exactly the kind of JRPG experience that I'm looking for; just challenging enough without feeling cheap (most of the time) and like I'm just wasting my time if I lose. I prefer the Digimon raising here as well because the results are less obtuse, and they don't make it a chore to achieve certain things.

I'm going digital
    Next 0rder is good, but still many bugs on it. It plays better on certain gameplay aspects from World 1 (like the unlocking evolution hints and dojo), but other things I found it's personally much weaker than World 1, while it's still beautiful on world design.

Cyber Sleuth is a good game if you're more into enjoying story, it's simple and easy to understand for casual gamers. But personally it still had many bad aspects, especially if comparing to the DS games.

oh yeah don't listen to those gaming critics on Next 0rder, bcos most of them are a bunch of casuals who don't even understand the charm of digimon world, and are whiners bcos they complain on every things that you need to discover it yourself. Probably they don't even understand the old school kind of games where players are not spoiled by obvious hints and needs to use their sense more.
    Last edited by DATS24; 07-02-2017 at 11:25 PM.

I'm going digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Follow SuperStarlite on DeviantArt Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel
    Which one has a bigger roster of Digimon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast