With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 40: The Ultimate 4 Again! Cloud's Challenge!

I come from the net
    Darn. I had the same idea Libra had. They just said it first.

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    I'm disappointed that Beautymon and Fakemon apparently had nothing to do with Appliyama 470 or the fake AppTubers. That wasted potential.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    So, Biomon was presumably telling the truth about Hajime being an Appmon, hence Charismon killing him (well, that and he was no match for Revivemon). I saw the theory just put forward in another thread that Hajime might be Bootmon, but I'm strongly leaning towards Hackmon given the "subtle" symbolism in the opening.
    The main problem with that is the language involved in everything related to both Hajime and Bootmon. "Hajime was Leviathan's chosen", "Bootmon is the most important person for Leviathan", and Leviathan wants to find Hajime while he has never shown interest in Hackmon whatsoever. As much as I think symbolism might be relevant... I'm going with Hajime = Bootmon for being the most logical option here.
    On the other hand, data can be split, so it's possible Hajime is Bootmon AND Hackmon. Maybe Hackmon is some unimportant leftover from the transformation. Like, 98% became Bootmon and Biomon threw out the remaining 2% when he realized he didn't need that, and Minerva turned it into Hackmon. Maybe even Leviathan doesn't know about it. We know Hajime became Appmon, but we were never told Hajime only became one Appmon. Remember Japanese doesn't have plurals.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    The main issue with both of those options is that it's weird Leviathan would just let Appmon-Hajime go. But maybe the experiment was all it really wanted with him.
    If Leviathan only wanted the experiment and nothing else, Hajime's location wouldn't be the most well-guarded state secret of the L empire. The fact Hajime's location is such a big secret shows Leviathan wants him for something more, and doesn't want anyone interfering with it.

As for how he let Bootmon go, it's simple, Bootmon was too strong. Bootmon's profile states it can enhance anything, so if that's still true for the anime Bootmon, then he can just strenghten himself and defeat whatever was guarding him. Basically, Leviathan put more water than the aquarium could hold.
    Maybe that's why he needs the Ultimate 4, his most powerful lackeys, to search for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    So Hajime is necessarily an appmon. Here is my theory. Leviathan found out about a mysterious appmon whose powers where necessary for him to accomplish his goals. Having Biomon by his side, he tried to manipulate the data of some random humans and appli monsters to actually produce that specific appmon. Thougth the only successful process was performed on Hajime, his data became unstable shortly after the surgery was done and he collapsed into an inactive state and became SLEEPMON. This made Leviathan search for Bootmon to reactivate Sleepmon to the desired appmon. If this is the case, the Sleepmon's reappearance after many episode in that white room where Rei first met Leviathan and Bootmon's AR field might be a reference to their cllose relationship and the role of Leviathan and Bootmon in the scenario.
    I'm pretty sure Sleepmon is just Knight's Buddy, and him being in Knight's room was actually meant to foreshadow a connection between him and Knight. I mean, Knight is obviously the mysterious Appli Driver responsible for Scorpmon and Warudamon. It's too late to introduce any new character, and Sleepmon is literally the only important Standard Appmon we know nothing about. And so far, all Buddy Appmon in the anime are Standards.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    The five main ones are anyway, if we include just the App Fusion partners as well we get thirteen Buddy Appmon total with nine of them being Standard Grade while the remaining four are Supers. And that's not even going into the numerous Appmon that the Drivers have gotten Chips for.

That said, I can see Hajime's data going into two Appmon instead of just one as the Phoenix from Monster Rancher had its soul separated from its original body and the latter split even further to bond with the five main Monsters.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Darn. I had the same idea Libra had. They just said it first.
    Sorry for that! But don't worry. 😊
    I would be glad to know what made you think about it. Your idea is definitely different from mine and you might've paid attention to some details I forgot about. So feel free to write down your idea. Yours may be stronger and more interesting than mine.
    Last edited by Libra; 07-17-2017 at 06:55 AM.

I come from the net
    No problem. I just had the idea before I read your post. So it wasn't thought out very long.

Follow amozu16 On Twitter Add amozu16 on Facebook Visit amozu16's Youtube Channel Add amozu16 on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    So Hajime is necessarily an appmon. Here is my theory. Leviathan found out about a mysterious appmon whose powers where necessary for him to accomplish his goals. Having Biomon by his side, he tried to manipulate the data of some random humans and appli monsters to actually produce that specific appmon. Thougth the only successful process was performed on Hajime, his data became unstable shortly after the surgery was done and he collapsed into an inactive state and became SLEEPMON. This made Leviathan search for Bootmon to reactivate Sleepmon to the desired appmon. If this is the case, the Sleepmon's reappearance after many episode in that white room where Rei first met Leviathan and Bootmon's AR field might be a reference to their cllose relationship and the role of Leviathan and Bootmon in the scenario.
    Damn, good job, good call

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by amozu16 View Post
    Damn, good job, good call
    Thank you Amozu, but the plot was more unpredictable than what I used to believe.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567