With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: English Hacker's Memory Footage of Domination Battles & a Quest

English Hacker's Memory Footage of Domination Battles & a Quest

Time for some more Hacker's Memory!

(If the embed doesn't work you can find the video here.)

The video is a short clip of a quest from the story mode from the English version of the game. It appears to be roughly equivalent footage to what Producer Habu showed off on the recent 20th livestream.

In addition to the clip of the quest, there is also footage of a Domination Battle.

IGN's footage of the Domination Battle appears to have significantly more footage than that provided by Bandai (Bandai's own footage appears to be edited down from what IGN posted) so we are including their version instead.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory is scheduled for 2017 in Japan and early 2018 elsewhere.

In the West it will get a physical release on Playstation 4 and digital on both Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita.

The physical version of the game is currently available to pre-order (affiliate link.)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory for Playstation 4
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow floof On Twitter
    This is lookin' pretty awesome!

I, personally, enjoyed Cyber Sleuth quite a bit, so I'm sure I'll like Hacker's Memory just the same! Some of the additions to the updated roster are pretty nice, like Lunamon's line (I'm hoping that we get Coronamon too, considering World: Dawn was my first Digimon game, and I'd just love to see Apollomon. Perhaps we'll get to see that "GraceNovamon" in all their glory as well).

Domination battle looks pretty fun too! Like simple board game. Can't wait!

Signature and render by me.
    Model ripped by theigno.
    Icon by oneeyeddoe.

The domination battles look interesting, I can see them getting pretty intense down the line!

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Yaaay this looks super neat!! I still cannot imagine how a game can be even better than Cyber Sleuth, but here we are! While watching the mechanics of the Domination Battles, I cannot help but thinking in Digimon Xros Wars. Also, very excited to see Sangloupmon in action! Please let Grand Dracumon be in the game too Habu...some Spirit Digimon and the rest of the Olympos XII would be cool too

Anyways, Hacker's Memory is an insta-buy for me!!

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Yaaay this looks super neat!! I still cannot imagine how a game can be even better than Cyber Sleuth, but here we are! While watching the mechanics of the Domination Battles, I cannot help but thinking in Digimon Xros Wars. Also, very excited to see Sangloupmon in action! Please let Grand Dracumon be in the game too Habu...some Spirit Digimon and the rest of the Olympos XII would be cool too

Anyways, Hacker's Memory is an insta-buy for me!!
    I still think that Dawn/Dusk aka Sunburst/Moonlight still having better gameplay than CS.

About domination battle, it seems my thought was right, that it's just a gimmick of a longer battle phase. But yeah the positive is you can control others' team, not just yours. I hope there's another variation of these domination battle, for now it looks pretty simple.

But then it seems now I can understand the mechanic, so in summary, you take move, gets points, when you're entering an empty space, you got 5 points, if it's yours space, you got 1, and there's a center free space that can give you 10. Battle only run for one turn per monster, depending which one takes first. If someone KO, it goes back to spawn point, if not, then the turn will end. So it's like an infinite ammunition until one side gets required points. Yeah, still I really hope they have another variation of this mode.
    Last edited by DATS24; 07-01-2017 at 09:34 PM.

I like the concept of Domination Battles. It really gives a purpose for the huge amount of Digimon you can raise at once in Cyber Sleuth.

Seeing Sangloupmon in action is one of the coolest things on its own.

A Net Cafe is the coolest idea for a hideout for a group of hackers.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

The whole Net Café is very cool. Domination Battles look simple but very fun.

I'm really liking how this game is shaping up.

I really like the look of domination battle. It'll spice up the gameplay a lot, and will make Coliseum type battles a lot more interesting if they can incorporate multiple types of board layouts.

Overall, super stoked for this game. And looks like the localization is pretty far along too.

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    This must be on easy... because the enemy Digimon are doing no damage at all and taking insane amounts of damage. Gonna be playing on hard again, there appears to be no challenge in the footgae they showed

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    This must be on easy... because the enemy Digimon are doing no damage at all and taking insane amounts of damage. Gonna be playing on hard again, there appears to be no challenge in the footgae they showed
    Considering it was footage for exhibition, I wouldn't be surprised if it skewed in the player's favour to keep things moving swiftly.

I seriously doubt it will be that easy in the actual game.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast