With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: English Hacker's Memory Footage of Domination Battles & a Quest

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    This must be on easy... because the enemy Digimon are doing no damage at all and taking insane amounts of damage. Gonna be playing on hard again, there appears to be no challenge in the footgae they showed
    Considering it was footage for exhibition, I wouldn't be surprised if it skewed in the player's favour to keep things moving swiftly.

I seriously doubt it will be that easy in the actual game.
    I'd hope not, you have Champions and Ultimates on shotting Megas over and over

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    This must be on easy... because the enemy Digimon are doing no damage at all and taking insane amounts of damage. Gonna be playing on hard again, there appears to be no challenge in the footgae they showed
    Considering it was footage for exhibition, I wouldn't be surprised if it skewed in the player's favour to keep things moving swiftly.

I seriously doubt it will be that easy in the actual game.
    or perhaps it will, remember we got Cyber Sleuth which was too easy on normal & story mode battle (even in hard mode) but quite - very hard on special battles like the RK one and SGDL. One thing that I was disappointed from them is they're making hard mode was like kinda cheap. I didn't think they were that serious in making the hard mode, or it's just an procedural excuse.

But then seriously, CS needs more variations in gameplay, I feel that the game is too simple and narrow, unlike how Story series usually were. It's like they focused so much on story but not into the level design and the other gameplay aspect, which made the game less memorable. That's why I think the game had less replay value, unlike the earlier world series or the DS games. Even I think something like Reigi and Decode has much better replay value.

I really hope they don't fall into the original CS' "samey connect jump & digital dungeon" for the domination battle fields, which I still doubt they can do so.
    Last edited by DATS24; 07-02-2017 at 10:31 AM.

I'm not saying CS has the pinnacle of level design, but dang, it is so much better than the maze-like and repetitive dungeons with high encounter rates of the DS games. I just found them to be such a grindy chore to play...

Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    I'm not saying CS has the pinnacle of level design, but dang, it is so much better than the maze-like and repetitive dungeons with high encounter rates of the DS games. I just found them to be such a grindy chore to play...

and at least you can just turn off battles if you want in CS unlike DS/Dawn/Dusk
    Last edited by Muur; 07-04-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Junior Commander
    For me repetitive is better than short & linear. Cyber Sleuth dungeon is most likely a borefest, no challenge, except the last part, I never felt lost in a dungeon at all. At least the DS dungeon are designed better, having dead ends, and secret portal with secret encounter, not to mention secret key items like Digimental. Encounter rate is the only merit of the DS game. But for me turning off encounter rate into 0% in Cyber Sleuth is just err, cheating. They don't limit the usage at all, you can turn it on and off as you wish. This makes the last dungeon a piece of cake. Even in pokemon games, repels had limit in a cave etc.

Well, if you'd prefer the challenge of random encounters, then just don't turn them off?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Well, if you'd prefer the challenge of random encounters, then just don't turn them off?
    Same, it's cheating. As I said, you can personally turn it on and off as you wish. I prefer that we can take benefit with the feature that has limit. If the no encounter hacking skill only last on certain seconds, then having cooldown to be able to use again, then I will be fine. Let the system do the whole encounter, player should only be able to reduce or increase with items/skills that had limit, not wholefully manipulating it.

I dunno, I've personally found that the best-received JRPGs tend to give you both a sliding scale of enemy difficulty and encounter rate. Bravely Default and The World Ends With You for prime examples of how giving the player more choice on how many battles they want to play tends to make players enjoy playing battles more.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow floof On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    For me repetitive is better than short & linear. Cyber Sleuth dungeon is most likely a borefest, no challenge, except the last part, I never felt lost in a dungeon at all. At least the DS dungeon are designed better, having dead ends, and secret portal with secret encounter, not to mention secret key items like Digimental. Encounter rate is the only merit of the DS game. But for me turning off encounter rate into 0% in Cyber Sleuth is just err, cheating. They don't limit the usage at all, you can turn it on and off as you wish. This makes the last dungeon a piece of cake. Even in pokemon games, repels had limit in a cave etc.
    I agree.

Cyber Sleuth had some of the most uninteresting level designs, with the best levels being the Digital Shifts, in my opinion. At least those merit a little bit of exploration. Kowloon's dungeons were the worst, considering the environment and how linear they were. The whole "cyberspace" theme sounds like it could of been kind of cool, if they hadn't done it in such a generic way. Does it really need to look like the inside of a server? I mean, for a virtual reality platform, EDEN isn't very realistic. It just made the side-quests such a chore, and they were painfully dull because of it. "Go fetch my sparkle in this incredibly simplistic dungeon!" However, the Metropolitan Building was a pretty interesting dungeon, at least compared to the rest of the game, even if the elevators were annoying.

The Ds dungeons on the other hand, were pretty nice. They had interesting environments, and there was plenty to explore (perhaps a little too much at times, however). Despite the tedious encounter rates, the dungeons were much more enjoyable than those in Cyber Sleuth. At least the dungeons can be memorable, even if they're only memorable for being difficult (I'm lookin' at you Loop Swamp and Micro Sea/Access Glacier!).

As for the encounter rates, and being able to simply turn them off in Cyber Sleuth, I'd also have to agree. I never bothered to turn off encounters in Cyber Sleuth, even if it was tempting at times. It just defeats the point of JRPGs, if you ask me. I can understand being able to tone them down during times where having them on kind of kills the mood (i.e during points in the story where you are "rushing" to get somewhere or get something done), but simply turning them off feels like cheating (perhaps its because previously, in order to turn of encounters in these sorts of games, you needed to cheat). It'd be pretty nice to have a system like the Repels in Pokemon though. You could buy some "protection software" (because Digimon are seen as viruses in the eyes of the public) that would only last a short while before wearing out.

So really, I'd really like for them to fix all of these things in Hacker's Memory, but I seriously doubt that's gonna happen. Maybe someday...

Signature and render by me.
    Model ripped by theigno.
    Icon by oneeyeddoe.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I dunno, I've personally found that the best-received JRPGs tend to give you both a sliding scale of enemy difficulty and encounter rate. Bravely Default and The World Ends With You for prime examples of how giving the player more choice on how many battles they want to play tends to make players enjoy playing battles more.
    I don't say that I don't like it at all, it might work on other JRPG, but for CS, sorry, it's cheating. There's few reasons:

1. Wild battles in CS are cheap, yeah they're not any important / challenging at all. If you wanna big exp, just go to the last dungeon, then do direct encounter skill many times. It will make you avoid all random battles when finally able to use the skill except in last floor of last dungeon.

2. No objective to scan digimon more. Coz pretty much your digimon can evolve into anythingmon. So just making 11 digimon is already more than enough coz you can choose what route you can both evolve and devolve, you can get all digimon in no time. It's not like in the DS where scanning is important bcos that's the only way to get correspondent digimon and unlock its evo. I mean, you won't find any dorugoramon in wild battle of Sunburst, you have to scan dorugamon in wild battles and yet there's no dorumon or dorugreymon anywhere. So this is connected to the first reason coz player will obviously 90% avoid any random encounter.
    Last edited by DATS24; 07-02-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast