With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tri. Stage Play Cast in Full Costume

tri. Stage Play Cast in Full Costume

We've been waiting to see all of these!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We have images of all 8 actors playing the kids in full costume.

The images appear to have the white levels sweetened a bit to much (or perhaps a side effect of makeup) which makes the skin and the hair look a touch odd on a few of them, but everything looks fantastic.

First up, at the top, is Gaku Matsumoto as Taichi.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then we have Shohei Hashimoto as Yamato.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Next is Suzuka Morita as Sora.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Kamimura Kaisei as Koushiro.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Marina Tanoue as Mimi.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Junya Komatsu as Jou.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Kenta Nomiyama as Takeru.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And last but not least is Yuna Shigeishi as Hikari.

All 8 look rather fantastic in costume, with most of them showing bits of personality in these photos.

I'm still rather shocked how good this is looking to be honest. I hope on stage things are a bit less glossy, but the costumes and hair are all spot on.

General ticket sales begin July 2nd via Confetti, ePlus, and Ticket Pia. If you will be be in Japan during the run of the stage play (August 5th thru 13th.)

Prior Stage Play updates can be found here:
    Original Announcement
    Male Cast & Synopsis
    Digimon Cast
    Female Cast, Ensemble, & Director
    Costume Previews
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Is it just me, or does Jyou look exactly as you'd expect the average frustrated high school-goer to look? Also, for some reason, the contact lenses give some of the cast members the whole Twilight vampire feel (I'm looking at you, Kenta). Suzuka Morita as Sora looks pretty impressive though. So on point, in fact, that I half expect to hear her with Sora's seiyuu's voice if this ever comes out on home video *laughs at his own lame joke*

Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Is it just me, or does Jyou look exactly as you'd expect the average frustrated high school-goer to look?
    Not sure how an average high school-goer looks like since I left school ages ago, but if I had to type the frustrated one, definitely I would type Koushirou. Others (maybe except Yamato) at least try to smile, and on some of them it doesn't look like a forced smile. On the other hand, Koushirou's face expression says "touch me, and I will murder you".

Anyway, maybe except Yamato and Takeru, they all really look like the real Adventure kids.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Not sure how an average high school-goer looks like since I left school ages ago, but if I had to type the frustrated one, definitely I would type Koushirou.
    Eeh! If he gets a Jughead-like personality makeover (as in changed personality from the comics to Riverdale), I'd squeal like a little pig.

Oh wow, everyone looks stunning! I have been eagerly waiting full-costume photos even though I was very nervous how this would turn out when they announced this stage play... Everyone looks good but my personal favourites are Taichi, Yamato, Sora (!!) and Jou (!). And of course Hikari's smile...
    日本語できなければ、それをやめよう。

Takeru looks older than Yamato to me...but other than that everyone looks great

Can't wait to see how Mimi is going to be

Takeru is kinda disappointing. The look on his face is just awkward. Hopefully there are better shots of them later.

Yamato, Jou, and Sora look amazing, though! The rest look good, too, but these three just exude the right feel to me.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

Next is Suzuka Morita as Sora.
    I think I'm in love.

But seriously, they all look fantastic. Yamato and Takeru's metallic blonde hair is a bit distracting, but maybe it'll look better away from promotional shots.

I wasn't sure about this stage play at first, but now I'm genuinely interested to see how it turns out.

most of those look actually quite on point. I kind of wonder Jou's dark and really not that crazy hair really needs to be as seemingly drenched in hair gel like the rest of them but at that point it might just be stylistic choice. The main thing that bugs me is that that the blue in Yamato and Takeru's eyes looks far too intense and generally distractingly fake; I guess we can be happy that Hikari's tri design dialed back the prominent red in her eyes, allowing her actress here to look normal.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Ignoring the somewhat unnatural look to everyone, which was inevitable, they did a good job.

Off topic: Theigno, your new avatar is the best thing ever.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast