With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 39: A New Power! Applidrive DUO!

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

AppliMonsters Episode 39: A New Power! Applidrive DUO!

Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 39: A New Power! Applidrive DUO!

Episode thread for Episode 39

Air Time:
    Saturday 1st July - 9.30am (Japan)
    Saturday 1st July - 1.00am (UK)
    Friday 30th June - 8.30pm (EST)
    Friday 30th June - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
    www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
    Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 39 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:04pm Pacific, 6/30/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    Man, I was expecting the battle against the former enemies to show how stronger the Super forms are with the Appli Drive DUO, but they just go straight to Ultimate, and scare them into giving up, apparently. They DON'T die again, at least judging from a screenshot where Mienumon complains about losing again. We might see them again.

It seems like the ED is about Haru's birthday. That's, actually quite fitting considering how it's his birthday now.

Also, Cloud's challenge to the Appli Drivers is the "Ultimate Tour" (yes, really). They have to go through the Appmon Cemetery and all the Ultimate 4's strongholds in 60 minutes or Yūjin dies. Mienumon etc. are apparently the bosses of the Appmon Cemetery.

First is the Bi Royal Palace ("Royal Palace" being a pun on "first-aid"), then the Beauty Palace, then the Ikasa Mansion (ikasama = fraud), and finally the Charisma Castle.
    Seems like the first battle is Rei VS Biomon. We'll learn what happened to Hajime soon. And judging from the preview, Biomon will attempt to operate on Rei.

Also, judging from screenshots with closed captions, it seems Haru says Mienumon was revived for being popular? Either that or something about her personality not being fixed.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    I missed that part before the opening, damnit! >_<
    Salty complains:
    • THE FUKCING ANIMATION. I'd rather watch the entirety of the RK arc, Young Hunters and The Wasteland(TM) than seeing this dude animating again.
    • I don't really mind the overuse of CGI, acutally I think its quite innovative. But it bothers me when it skips frames like 99,8% of this episode.
      • As I side note, I hate the code in the CGI, it makes it look like they have some rendering error.

• s t i l l f r a m e s
    • While it's nice to see Mienumon and the others back, its sad that we won't see them again for a while. I mean, c'mon! Mienumon and Sakushimon are the components of Warudamon, which with Cometmon (by the way where the duck is he?!) is the component of Deusmon, the strongest Appmon!
      • Still, You can't complain that at last we see Scopemon (AKA Cameramon) back! I mean, he is Satellamon, right? RIGHT?!
      • Speaking of Sukashimon. I WANT TO SEE DAMEDAMON BADLY

• I think that Timemon back in that time during his time in Ep16 accidentaly broke time. That's the only way I can explain why does every minute in this season seems to last 1 full episode (*coughcoughEpisode37coughcough*)
    • Where did Beautymon go?!

Gushing:
    • I like the ending! It's WAAAAAAY better than the last one. Seriously, that was so cute bad that it affected the quality of the show.
    • It's nice to see those Appmon in the cementery because they're no longer used. I wish we could see more of 'em.
    • yay the ultimates no longer have the time limit! now they can wreck everyone's asses!
    • At last! We see Charismon brainwashing someone!

I liked this episode! HIS NAME IS HAL

Is the animation is really that bad? Wait are you talking about the cgi only or also the 2d?

I actually like the effect if used sparingly but they overuse it so much that the appmon look like they have skin condition.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Also, judging from screenshots with closed captions, it seems Haru says Mienumon was revived for being popular? Either that or something about her personality not being fixed.
    I can believe that Mienumon and Sakusimon are fairly popular.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Added the TV-Tokyo link to the first post since it's up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    Is the animation is really that bad? Wait are you talking about the cgi only or also the 2d?

I actually like the effect if used sparingly but they overuse it so much that the appmon look like they have skin condition.
    I'd say it's bad, yeah. The lead artist for this episode is the same guy who did episodes, 23 and 32. And he's definitely not at the level the other lead artists are, or at the very least his art and animation looks to be very jittery and hastily drawn.(Especially when he draws Musimon and Haru, gosh) I hope someday soon they release the artists names who work on each episode because I really want to knw who this guy is.

As for the cgi... I love it lol But I can understand why some people wouldn't care for it

Watch it.
    Yeah, Eri and Haru really suffers when drawn by the whoever animating it.

This episode is both hilarious awesome, the abandoned appmon pestering Haru to made them his partner and Gatchmon literally shoving them through the wall...
    Why charismon hypnotized the other U4 in the first place?
    Zombie no!
    You know Scopemon, taking selfie is fine but you do realize you point the barrel of your big gun at yourself right?
    Oujamon apprealize made him look like a beast.
    And Globemon pulling Dragon ball and block again.
    I love this episode.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    I hope someday soon they release the artists names who work on each episode because I really want to knw who this guy is.
    Masahiro Naoi, if you really want to know. He's been around since Adventure, you can tell which episodes he did keys for from his distinctive style.

Esh thanks goddess Offmon is okay. Unconscious in a polemic position but okay.
    Sucks they are now sleepy beauty princess waiting to be rescued. Their lack of screentime lately is a sort of punishment for me. (Rei's fans, you can't tell me you don't know the feeling)
    Although they will be up to 30 minutes left next episode and up to all Ultim4te's houses except Charismon so this drag won't last too long.

Yeaaaah that dumb animation style again ugh. Who's the idiot doodling that? If they are there since Adventure, sure they didn't get any better. Artists that don't seek self improvement through their lives are suckers.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast