With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 293 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 2926

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

  1. #31
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    31

    My thought for a Cutemon evolution line

  2. #32
    Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Age
    19
    Posts
    743
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    And with RhodoKnightmon as a dude variant, that's pretty good!

  3. #33
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,111
    More Kyukimon lines~! It's like my birthday.

    I also kinda like Cutemon evolving from Culumon for that line.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

  4. #34
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,156
    Add The Golux on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    The problem is that Salamon already fills the cat rookie's niche without being too similar to the Champion stage since one of the defining traits of Gatomon, it's variants like Mikemon, Meicoomon, and Opossummon are that they're small enough for their Level that they can pass for Rookie* so you don't want too much overlap between the Rookie and Champion stages.

    *Which in fact led to my biggest issue with 02: Gatomon being treated as a Rookie Level Digimon when not only does she already have a perfectly fine Rookie stage to begin with but you could have had Nefertimon be equivalent to an Ultimate instead and it would have worked just as well if not far better.
    I see your point, but I feel like going from quadrupedal to bipedal and the bigger, tufted ears and longer tail are enough to differentiate, while Plotmon having no tail when between two things whose tails are among their most distinctive features bothers me.

  5. #35
    I come from the net flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    @flintlock



    @MoT
    You could add Diarimon, Gossipmon or Bokomon to your library line.

    I didn't realize there were so many jester/circus Digimon, this looks cool.

    Also you could add Razielmon in a book line because she's based on Raziel (obvious) but his lore includes a magical book, which her attack is named after. Maybe they'll animate a book when she uses this attack?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raziel...aziel_HaMalach

    Baalmon too, he's got pages of a magic all knowing book on his cape.





    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post

    *Which in fact led to my biggest issue with 02: Gatomon being treated as a Rookie Level Digimon when not only does she already have a perfectly fine Rookie stage to begin with but you could have had Nefertimon be equivalent to an Ultimate instead and it would have worked just as well if not far better.

    Looking back on 02 I think Plotmon would have made more sense to use too instead of the silly Holy Ring thing but they actually kind of fixed this for the X Antibody Digimon. All the armours that got X Antibody variants were treated as adults in everything they appeared in, including the virtual pets. So Plotmon X, not Tailmon X, evolved to Nefertimon X. Tailmon X actually has a lot of differences with Nefertimon X to the point that it weirds me out as a fan evolution because the styles are so different and she loses a tail, lol. But I still use it because sadly we got no Angewomon X Antibody.




    Here's a Kyukimon line too.

    I like that Cutemon>Bitmon>Kyukimon>Junomon line too.

    Last edited by flintlock; 06-27-2017 at 01:59 AM.

  6. #36
    Junior Commander Tero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hell's Field stalking Yuu...
    Posts
    304
    Add Tero on DeviantArt
    A child level Tailmon could have worked as a child level cat.

  7. #37
    I come from the net Lhikan634's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Zenith Gate
    Posts
    2,475
    Way behind on things apparently. Happy new thread, first of all!

    I'm loving the Razielmon lines and connections to the other feline lines from V3. My gut instincts were also Nefertimon and Bastemon. Razielmon's status as another Ophan Digimon is rather intriguing as well. I somehow missed the silver/white Sakuyamon reveal, but I have to say that it's quite the fitting recolor. It's also perfect alongside that fan-recolored Kyukimon (which I have to agree is a beautiful recolor in terms of quality and aesthetics).

  8. #38
    I'm going digital AquaVersus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    464
    Happy new thread!

    I gotta start including baby levels again...I've just been getting really lazy lately.

    Here's something I wanted to do to celebrate the new Tri trailer for Ophanimon Falldown Mode (starting with the reaper's scythe that both Ophanimon FM and MetalPhantomon have, then it went on to include Sistermon Blanc's staff/trident and Witchmon's broom):



    I took elements from that line and tried to make one emphasizing red/black clothing (EDIT, though now that I think about it a better Perfect for NiseAgumon Hakase would be Vamdemon):



    As for this one, I thought WaruMonzaemon into BlackSaintGalgomon was different and then I ended up making a line about a left-handed Digimon (Kotemon) who gets wounded (Wendimon), that wound then becomes a weapon (WaruMonzaemon), and then the entire body becomes a weapon (BlackSaintGalgomon). I almost always use Botamon and Caprimon for Kotemon, and Botamon's presence helps round out WaruMonzaemon as well:

    Last edited by AquaVersus; 06-27-2017 at 07:49 AM.

  9. #39
    Completely digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    924
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post

    *Which in fact led to my biggest issue with 02: Gatomon being treated as a Rookie Level Digimon when not only does she already have a perfectly fine Rookie stage to begin with but you could have had Nefertimon be equivalent to an Ultimate instead and it would have worked just as well if not far better.

    Looking back on 02 I think Plotmon would have made more sense to use too instead of the silly Holy Ring thing but they actually kind of fixed this for the X Antibody Digimon. All the armours that got X Antibody variants were treated as adults in everything they appeared in, including the virtual pets. So Plotmon X, not Tailmon X, evolved to Nefertimon X. Tailmon X actually has a lot of differences with Nefertimon X to the point that it weirds me out as a fan evolution because the styles are so different and she loses a tail, lol. But I still use it because sadly we got no Angewomon X Antibody.

    I've thought about Salamon Armor Digivolving instead of Gatomon as an alternative as well but the fact that we've had other Champion level Digimon, specifically Drimogemon, Digivolve to Armor level Digimon was what led me to liking the idea of Nefertimon as an Ultimate equivalent.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  10. #40
    Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Age
    19
    Posts
    743
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Here's a recolored Supplemon artwork for those who wish to use Dopemon in evolines.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...ew?usp=sharing

    Here's a pretty obvious line I think, but I'm amazed by how beautiful/perfect it looks.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...ew?usp=sharing

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •