With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    I've been trying to come up with a good line that connects Choromon and MetalTyrannomon. I'd had this little scene in my head where a tamer gets their Choromon and later in the story shows up with it all grown up as MetalTyrannomon, the common thread being their mechanical/metallic theme. It was fairly easy to decide the line up to Kokuwamon, but bridging the gap between it and MetalTyrannomon in a way I found satisfying was difficult. I finally settled on Pteranomon, since it has both a heavily mechanical design, but also incorporates reptilian/organic bits that don't overwhelm the rest of the design. (Tankmon was another option, but I just didn't like it for this particular line. ^^')

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Ain't got no mojo... Lord Bearmon's Avatar
    I like Shoutmon DX as Shoutmon's mega, it looks like an evolution rather than a fusion just like the way DarkKnightmon is like an evo for SkullKnightmon

EDIT: @Gigamon23 how bout Grimmon? Looks like a great transition from a bug to a dino

Last edited by Lord Bearmon; 07-16-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    I've been trying to come up with a good line that connects Choromon and MetalTyrannomon. I'd had this little scene in my head where a tamer gets their Choromon and later in the story shows up with it all grown up as MetalTyrannomon, the common thread being their mechanical/metallic theme. It was fairly easy to decide the line up to Kokuwamon, but bridging the gap between it and MetalTyrannomon in a way I found satisfying was difficult. I finally settled on Pteranomon, since it has both a heavily mechanical design, but also incorporates reptilian/organic bits that don't overwhelm the rest of the design. (Tankmon was another option, but I just didn't like it for this particular line. ^^')

Maybe...
    Choromon - Missimon - Commandramon - Sealsdramon - Metal Tyrannomon

Junior Commander
    The line definitely works, Gigamon, but I do think it could be a bit cleaner. If you're only trying to connect Choromon and MetalTyrannomon, I think you should focus on the dino or possibly dragon theme earlier. Keeping metal consistent is a good idea, but me personally, I don't love introducing a flying Digimon only to ground it at the next stage. At the same time, it's definitely a thing that happens in Digimon all the time, so it's not a bad thing at all.

Choromon and Kokuwamon work great together, but Caprimon is a bit odd -- still, not many other "metallic" Baby II Digimon out there. Angel-kun's Missimon suggestion above is a good idea but it also grounds the Child...tough call. (Or can Kokuwamon fly?)

Angel-kun's suggestion above also works well. I was also initially thinking of Sealsdramon and Commandramon as a suggestion before considering something else.

For an Adult, maybe try thinking of something that is a blend of a bug and a dinosaur with metal features. Or maybe just a metallic insect. What about Searchmon? Doesn't go neatly into MetalTyrannomon, but whatever. Here's my take on the concept below, with an added Ultimate 'cuz I like to finish things. This way you can at least keep the beady little red eyes throughout most of the line.

Last edited by AquaVersus; 07-17-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Kokuwamon X works really well into Pteranomon because of the triangle shape thing it has going on

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post

If you want their aesthetic to match better you could use their X Antibody forms.

After this week's episode of Appmon, I decided to do a Charismon line. Couldn't decide between Daemon SU, Shoutmon x3SD, and Darkness Bagramon for a while though. Eventually, I decided on Shoutmon x3SD, but Daemon was a close second. The theme for this line is definitely "eyes." I imagine that Charismon's eye "drones" could be used for surveillance in a similar way that Kuramon are.
    Last edited by Jmac28211; 07-17-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Duskmon could probably look great on a Charismon line.

Forgetting about Duskmon upset me so much that I changed the line to update Duskmon's addition.

lol, nice. I love the black armor going white while the whites of the eyes goes black.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast