With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 284 of 286 FirstFirst ... 184234274281282283284285286 LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 2859

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Add Notus on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    With Pumpkinmon's Mega form coming out soon, I wondered if he had a semi-canon Rookie/Champion stage. Didn't seem so, but these fit the bill:

I think Ponchomon would be a bit more fitting as Pumpmon previous stage. I usually like Alraumon as Ponchomon's Child, but I'm not too sure it keeps the spook theme of this overall line.

EDIT: Looking at Boltmon, I suddenly got this idea from his common line of Meramon -> DeathMeramon -> Boltmon: an otherworldly force who's slowly manifesting into the world, first by manipulating an element to make a body, which slowly gets more corporeal as it gets stronger, until it manifests a physical avatar.
    Last edited by Notus; 10-06-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I do agree Bakemon is the best option for Pumpkinmon. I like Chuumon for the Rookie

As for Sinobalis art thing it seems like he's taking "liberties", at least according to Humulus's evolution guide. The Megadramon one works, but for Reap/Baalmon, it seems it's MadLeomon as a standalone evolution and then Porcupa+Vaccine or Free Digimon. (So it can be MadLeomon+Porcupamon... or if he wants Angemon, he'd need a Porcupa+Angemon). So the three Digimon are involved, just not in the right combination, I guess.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I do agree Bakemon is the best option for Pumpkinmon. I like Chuumon for the Rookie

As for Sinobalis art thing it seems like he's taking "liberties", at least according to Humulus's evolution guide. The Megadramon one works, but for Reap/Baalmon, it seems it's MadLeomon as a standalone evolution and then Porcupa+Vaccine or Free Digimon. (So it can be MadLeomon+Porcupamon... or if he wants Angemon, he'd need a Porcupa+Angemon). So the three Digimon are involved, just not in the right combination, I guess.
    I personally prefer Candlemon myself. Candles, especially possessed candles, are a staple for the ghostly Halloween theme.

If you want to be overly technical, MadLeomon itself doesn't work, because Phascomon can't evolve into MadLeomon.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post

I personally prefer Candlemon myself. Candles, especially possessed candles, are a staple for the ghostly Halloween theme.

If you want to be overly technical, MadLeomon itself doesn't work, because Phascomon can't evolve into MadLeomon.
    I'm not sure if I understand, Phascomon's condition states Vaccine or Free, but if that's what you said, Vaccine also wouldn't work when all three of Phasomon's evolution are Virus/Free.

when it comes to Pumpmon, personally I like to use Alraumon and Woodmon as it's Child and Adult stages

Junior Commander
    I'm not sure if I understand, Phascomon's condition states Vaccine or Free, but if that's what you said, Vaccine also wouldn't work when all three of Phasomon's evolution are Virus/Free.
    Phascomon. Not Porcupamon. I'm saying that only Impmon can evolve into MadLeomon, not Phascomon. Sinobali used Phascomon as the Child.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 10-06-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Phascomon. Not Porcupamon. I'm saying that only Impmon can evolve into MadLeomon, not Phascomon.
    Oh right you meant because Rookie -> Champion is technically incorrect I was super confused there lol. Fair enough... although Phascomon to MadLeomon works a lot better than Impmon does for it, so the picture on the previous page does work better anyway than if Impmon was there.

Heck, Angemon works good too since Angemon and Reapmon were involved in that episode list, so yeah I do think that picture works better than what can be done in canon, which I suppose is the point of this thread lol

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Apparently Sinobali did intend to follow the Pen20 lines, but in an earlier draft of their plot, they had MadLeomon as the Champion, and it just got muddled up when they got round to drawing it. It was actually meant to be Porcupamon - https://twitter.com/FakeBali/status/1181278682519728129
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I actually think this works really well, and even incorporates three "western" Digimon

Citramon and Pumpkinmon are both orange fruits, and NoblePumpkinmon and BoltBoutamon have hats and a cape and can be halloween style and NPmon gives vibes of Myotismon which is a link to BoltBoutamon (who like him, debuted in the western version of a game before the JP version)

I come from the net
    Ah three of them appeared in west as this evo line for Pumpmon. Nice

Seeing NoblePumpkinmon into Voltobautamon like the Noble man fell into the corruption in order to survive as a pirate.
    Pumpkin head doesn't have to be the true face but instead of it could be used as the mask with the bottom hole to put in. But where is the child level?