With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 280 of 281 FirstFirst ... 180230270277278279280281 LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2801

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Damn. It was supposed to be Promote, but they are indeed an Adult level aswell. Weird.
    Revised version:

@Sparrow Hawk Strange you say that cuz I think he makers a more fitting evolution than Nanimon. Same basic body type. Both have flashy clothes. Starmon just got his act together, tidied himself and got in shape. Star Shape! That said, Mamemon Elder works better than I expected:

"Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I come from the net
    Yeah but Sistermon pair Awakened and GinKakumon Promote are only the ones with unique "Power Up" a bit beyond Adult levels without... Modes.

Hmm young man who pretends to be the father > Drunken Old Man > Elder Man > Angry Table flipping Father
    I like it how Nanimon's visor > Metal Eyebrows blocking its true eyes > Metal visor showing!

honestly this is just reminding me how much I loathe regular Nanimon(which is funny considering BomberNanimon and Citramon are favorites of mine)

in other topics made the template for my V-Pet style lines project;

not as pretty as it could be, but I think it'll do the job for the time being, also need to figure some things out, first chart is going to have Agumon and Betamon as two of the three Child stage slots, but I'm not sure what the third one should be, especially since a lot of the better candidates have their own Baby 1/2 tied to them(and I want to avoid breaking that kind of set up where possible), and of course once I figure out that third Child then I have to sort out it's two lines(I've got Agumon and Betamon's mostly sorted out already), also need to figure out the Trash/Death Evolution line if I bother including one for this first version

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    A little late here, but with the recent postings of Olympos XII lines I thought I should provide my lines.

Apollomon/Dianamon-
    Just the tailor made evolution lines.

Marsmon-
    I've always wanted to use Spadamon as his child level, as Lunamon, Coronamon and Spadamon were sort of a trio in the Xros Wars manga. It's always the inbetween that has bothered me, this is the best I can do.

Neptunemon-
    Classic Seadramon line, I've always just felt this worked best.

Vulcanusmon-
    All I really know about this line is that I want Andromon as the Perfect, the Child and Adult could change. I chose this image of Andromon firing his fish-missile because I feel that gives a thematic transition to Vulcanusmon's octopus shape.

Mercurymon-
    A lot of people have used this line I'm pretty sure. It's pretty obvious, honestly if I had my way I would just make a new "green" Gabumon variant.

Bacchusmon-
    Goblimon could've worked, but I replaced him with Shamamon just to shake things up a bit.

Ceresmon-
    Pretty much the promoted line from Crusaders, but with Floramon in place of Alraumon because I think it looks better.

Minervamon-
    As I've mentioned earlier in this thread I love using Maildramon as her Adult, so it was just a matter of finding a fitting Child and Perfect. Looking at Maildramon alone PawnChessmon would work easy as a Child, but I didn't like the image of PawnChessmon becoming Minervamon, so I went with Salamon as she is already commonly used for her LadyDevimon line and fits fine evolving into Maildramon. Knightmon makes for a nice evolution, and the carrying of a sword and shield give them a connection to Minervamon, I like to imagine Minervamon bursting out of the heavy suit of armor.

Venusmon-
    Angewomon makes a perfect Perfect for Venusmon, so it was just a matter of giving her a different Child and Adult. Swans are considered a symbol of beauty and is already a symbol of Aphrodite, so it seemed a natural fit.

Junomon-
    This line was made to mirror Venusmon's, for whatever reason. Peacockmon, again, was selected as peacocks are a symbol of Hera. Penmon was chosen for it's chromatic similarity to Peacockmon as well as Junomon, and as a bonus note I've been told that penguins are sometimes affiliated with motherliness. Shutumon was simply chosen as an imbetween for the Adult and Ultimate.

Jupitermon-
    I know he has an officially promoted line in Aegiomon, but for whatever reason it's never really resonated well with me. This line started with Pegasusmon and was built from there.

I come from the net
    I like the ideas. Some very nice lines. They really look like they fit.

Ain't got no mojo... DragonicEmperor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    A little late here, but with the recent postings of Olympos XII lines I thought I should provide my lines.
    Apollomon/Dianamon-
    Just the tailor made evolution lines.

Marsmon-
    I've always wanted to use Spadamon as his child level, as Lunamon, Coronamon and Spadamon were sort of a trio in the Xros Wars manga. It's always the inbetween that has bothered me, this is the best I can do.

Neptunemon-
    Classic Seadramon line, I've always just felt this worked best.

Vulcanusmon-
    All I really know about this line is that I want Andromon as the Perfect, the Child and Adult could change. I chose this image of Andromon firing his fish-missile because I feel that gives a thematic transition to Vulcanusmon's octopus shape.

Mercurymon-
    A lot of people have used this line I'm pretty sure. It's pretty obvious, honestly if I had my way I would just make a new "green" Gabumon variant.

Bacchusmon-
    Goblimon could've worked, but I replaced him with Shamamon just to shake things up a bit.

Ceresmon-
    Pretty much the promoted line from Crusaders, but with Floramon in place of Alraumon because I think it looks better.

Minervamon-
    As I've mentioned earlier in this thread I love using Maildramon as her Adult, so it was just a matter of finding a fitting Child and Perfect. Looking at Maildramon alone PawnChessmon would work easy as a Child, but I didn't like the image of PawnChessmon becoming Minervamon, so I went with Salamon as she is already commonly used for her LadyDevimon line and fits fine evolving into Maildramon. Knightmon makes for a nice evolution, and the carrying of a sword and shield give them a connection to Minervamon, I like to imagine Minervamon bursting out of the heavy suit of armor.

Venusmon-
    Angewomon makes a perfect Perfect for Venusmon, so it was just a matter of giving her a different Child and Adult. Swans are considered a symbol of beauty and is already a symbol of Aphrodite, so it seemed a natural fit.

Junomon-
    This line was made to mirror Venusmon's, for whatever reason. Peacockmon, again, was selected as peacocks are a symbol of Hera. Penmon was chosen for it's chromatic similarity to Peacockmon as well as Junomon, and as a bonus note I've been told that penguins are sometimes affiliated with motherliness. Shutumon was simply chosen as an imbetween for the Adult and Ultimate.

Jupitermon-
    I know he has an officially promoted line in Aegiomon, but for whatever reason it's never really resonated well with me. This line started with Pegasusmon and was built from there.
    I like the Swanmon and Peacockmon inclusion. While not a fan of using Armour mons, I like that you went with their 'symbols'. Something I never thought of.

While Shutumon is the best fit towards Junomon, I'm really not a fan of using Spirit Evolution Digimon for regular lines, but I can understand why you did it.

Other than that some interesting takes from the lines usually thrown around. Takes I wouldn't go for, but pretty interesting to see nonetheless.

Stay tuned for my revisited version of the Olympos soon, y'all.

Just made this V-pet style chart (borrowed the template after some google image searching), based on a certain eldritch spider-clown, thing. *Did some edits, moving out Matadormon for Blackrapidmon and swapping it's position with Andiramon. Also changed Flawizardmon for Oppossumon, very happy overall with the chart now. I like how elegantly Pagumon works for all the rookies, between the ears, expression and colours.A particularly cool transformation that might seem odd first is Chrysalimon digivolving to Jokermon. Look at the horn, I imagine it easily, uncannily actually, looking like just like Jokermon's scythe, cutting open the pupa body as it evolves.
    Last edited by snimon12; 09-07-2019 at 04:03 PM.

I'm loving the IT themed line! That works really well!!

Here's a quick line of some of my favourite digimon in a way that kinda works

wasn't expecting someone else to use my template before I got around to making something with it, but nice job, also that little bottom part in each box is supposed to be for putting the names of the Digimon in, if you're using MS Paint the font I used for the text is the built in Fixedsys font

Ain't got no mojo... DragonicEmperor's Avatar

I present you, Applidrivers, but as actual Tamers!

So, yes, most of these are pretty standard lines as in, used in mediums already, but I made these with a certain mindset behind them. I tried to kind of base them off of their buddy Appmon's theme and/or design, but since Appmon and Digimon are quite different in some aspects, that was a hard one.

Shinkai Haru:

Yup. Cookiecutter Agumon line. I had 3 different lines in my head. Either endgoal is Wargreymon. Endgoal is ShineGreymon. Or endgoal is Goddramon. I initially wanted Goddramon since Haru's God-class Appmon has the power to create life, similar to how Goddramon governs over destruction and regeneration. However, Gatchmon is an Appmon based around gathering information to increase its intelligence through that, something which I also wanted to show in the line. Tyrannomon was planned as the Adult stage with Ryudamon as Child. This because Ryudamon is said to study various combat styles and Tyrannomon is said to be an intelligent being. Sadly, I could not find a transition Perfect stage that made sense within that context and it was scrapped. ShineGreymon was purely considered because it looks very similar to DoGatchmon.

End result is the cookiecutter Agumon line. Agumon is said to be able to grow into a great being. This kinda rings with Haru because, if you've watched Appmon, know how he starts out and still has some ways to go to grow into a good protagonist. Ultimately, he finds his 'courage' and confidence to become the great protagonist he is destined to be, aking to how WarGreymon is the great being spoken of that Agumon is destined to become.

Karan Eri:

So. Dokan punch. Punching. Got it.

Went with Gaomon here. I feel he's the most similar to Dokamon as far as theme goes while also keeping a somewhat animal theme going. Gryzmon was chosen over Gaogamon because Gryzmon is said to be a martial artist, akin to Dosukomon, who's also said to have mastered the martial arts. The Perfect stage was a toss up between MachGaogamon or GrappuLeomon. GrappuLeomon would have made more sense because Oujamon is a punching lion, but I felt it to be a bit more awkward stage between Gryzmon and CresGarurumon while with a punchline of "Dokkan punch", MachGaogamon rings more.

CresGarurumon was made more with Poseidomon in mind. While obviously, for Poseidomon, Neptunemon makes most sense, try starting with Gaomon and ending on this. As a result, I went with CresGarurumon. It keeps the animal theme going, it has hands to use to punch should it be needed, and while not a trident, it does get a slashing/stabbing tool in its crescent blade.

Asutora:

Probably the hardest one. The only Digimon I could fine with a singing theme was... Etemon. WHich other than that, doesn't resonate with him at all. (Even though I can definitely see it do the poses with him.) So here I had to reach a bit more. Musimon's God-class Appmon is a huge sun/thunder cloud so weather could have been an option. This is where Solarmon comes in. Solarmon generates such heats that it causes burns, kind of like the sun when you stay in it too long. Then Starmon and SuperStarmon. Mediamon and Entermon are capable of using their attacks to create a 'hallicunation' of sorts. Starmon and SuperStarmon also have attacks that are capable of this, hypnotizing the opponents instead. SuperStarmon is also a reference to Asutora being a famous AppTuber.

Raijinmon's body structure is similar to Mediamon's while also using lightning to attack, even being able to summon a thundercloud, kinda like Ouranosmon is.

Combined:

Combined I went with Susanoomon. Initially, I didn't have Eri included for any Fusion because, well. Omegamon wouldn't make much sense since CresGarurumon has no cannon elemens. Omegamon Alter-S made little sense since WarGreymon also doesn't have cannon elements.

Instead I ended on Susanoomon. Susanoomon is said to be the ultimate god of creation and destruction. This, again, rings with Haru's God-class Appmon. Since Susanoomon doesn't really make use of either Greymon's sword component or Garurumon's cannon component strictly, I figured this one could fit. Fujinmon in this case forms the body structure for the most part, while the Greymon and Garurumon components form the rest.

Katsura Rei:

Rei was also a tricky mon. I could go with either the 'recovery' part, so destroying viruses to protect stuff, or the 'hack' stuff, so using viruses to bring destruction. Decided to go with the latter. I feel the line in that aspect, kind of speaks for itself for a huge part. Darkdramon is the endgoal because Rei is after Leviathan due to what they did to Hajime, similar to how Darkdramon is after BantyoLeomon, doing everything it needs for that.

Oozora Yuujin:

Plotmon was chosen because of its similarity to Offmon. A timid dog-like creature that has the possibility to be good or evil. Siesamon is the Adult stage to kind of bridge together the entire line. Cerberumon is the Perfect stage because of this. Siesamon is based on the foo dogs, crosses between lions and dogs. Cerberumon in this line represents Shutmon. BantyoLeomon in this line represent Yuujin himself. BantyoLeomon follows its own justice. Yuujin's own 'justice' in this case, is its work for Leviathan, despite being in the main group. This results in the Yuujin that works for Leviathan needing to see them as 'evil', as to how BantyoLeomon sees anyone that is an obstacle to its 'Justice' as 'evil', since the main group of AppliDrivers is an obstacle to Leviathan.

Combined:

Obvious Fusion is obvious. Yuujin works for Leviathan, but also does what he can to protect Haru. Rei is after Leviathan for what happened to Hajime. Put those 2 wishes to protect that someone they want to protect/save together and you get this unusual Fusion that shouldn't exist.

Other alternatives were not having a Fusion, but that involved Haru having ShineGreymon. This would mean ShineGreymon + Darkdramon becoming ShineGreymon Ruin Mode and ShineGreymon + BantyoLeomon becoming ShineGreymon Burst Mode.

So a lot of reaching, stretching, headaches, but I tried what I could. Maybe I'll try Knight, Hajime and Ai (even though Ai didn't have an Applimon IIRC) but I feel those would get even harder.

Should you have any suggestions (Especially for Haru's), feel free to do so.